Reviews for The Fires of Ba Sing Se: Prince and Princess
Dawn on fire chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Like how it's not lousy full. More like an understanding
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
This is written very well.
BlindMaster chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
great!
WritingSchizo101 chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
This review was done as I read.

I have only read two paragraphs and already I can tell this story will be well-writen. Even by the legnth alone can tell me that- you see, most writers would have skipped right alone to the badly-worded action. Not you. I can tell you actualy put thought into this, and are giving Zuko and the readers a chance to breathe and think. I rarely see this here, and it makes me happy to read it now. This is great so far. Your wording is thoughtful and pleasnat, while interesting and you handle Zuko's thoughts and descriptions pretty well.

'Spring was a time of new life, and this spring was matched within him in a way no past season ever had been.' Remove the 'been'.

'Zuko still wondered at how she could seem relaxed and yet regal all at once.' Just what I was thinking! :)

I love the bit about the hair; very nice detail. Plus, it creates a sort of bond between them that suggests it may be more than siblingly. As does the fact she gave in, and is wearing her hair that way for him now.

Many comments here: Azula's light brown eyes were filled with a mixture of predatory hunger and curious interest; while Zuko's bright golden eyes had softened slightly and gazed at his sister with tired acceptance of her presence.

First, her eyes are brown?

Second, I like the comparsion between their posture and eyes, Zuko being the more rigid one in posture while his eyes are soft, and Azula being more relaxed while her eyes are gaurded.

Third, I love the way you worded this: 'with tired acceptance of her presence.'

'more sincere that any she presented for months,' it should be 'more sincere THAN'.

I love Zuko's wary acceptance of her kiss, and the way he sort of acts confused about her moods. Very believable. :)

Love the dialog, the subtlty of it and the way it flows very smoothly on both sides. This sticks out to me: "Maybe you know what it feels like now. Being abandoned".

I like how Azula came to see him both after his mother left and the night after the coufall of Ba Sing Se. Smart moves on her part. lol! I also enjoyed how Zuko questioned what they were together. Realistic.

lol! He beat Azula in a training session? No wonder she saw in in a different light.

'Closer than had been proper, on several occasions. Azula demanded only the best and at that time Zuzu had matched her desires.' Thewording here is pleasant, but makes me wonder . . . what were her desires? :)

It is noted that the attake from Zuko rekindled the relationship. I like the mirror image sort of thing you have going on. Very cool!

I love love love this part: It was not love that had blossomed between them. Nor could it be called lust. There was the warmth of affection in their gazes and caresses, but not the deep devotion of love. There was passion in their kisses, but they did not ache for one another. In truth, Zuko and Azula valued each other with the fondness of close friends rather than the fervor and dedication of lovers. Their physical desire came closer to a wolf's search for a fit mate than the feverish lust between a girl and a boy. They were unlike anything they knew. Both were unsure what would come of their liaison, but that was not important now. Now they were together.

It is fitting, descriptive, and . . . just interesting. :)

I like how the meaning of the nickname changed for both of them.

I will certainly continue to read this story as it has captivated me with both the pairing and your writing style. Fantastic.

Grade: Low A
appa-appa-away chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
i liked it! lol, i think Zucest is cool.

XD

A~A~A
silver moon droplet chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
you know. i'm a die hard zutara fan - but i liked this, i mean it was wierd. mainly because i'm such a virgin to this pairing, but it was very well writen and flowed really well.

:] great piece.
Alicorn White chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Amazing I usually like the raw carnal side of Zuko and Azula (rough smut) but this is just a pretty little piece n_n

It's a little bit OOC but i'll let it slide since you explained a bit more towards he end why Azula and Zuko were like that.

Thankyou for writing this :3 it warms my heart :3
Jaganshi-Kyou chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Hm... Incentive, indeed. Hopefully this review will help stir the creative flames of Zucest fire. LOL. :)

I really enjoyed this piece. I agree; this pair is twisted and addictive.
Kismet's Kiss chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
I really like this pairing, they could be so canon if it wasn'ta damn kid's show. lol!

:hugs:

good job!
AshZaku chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Wonderful analogy with the wolf thing...its SO TWISTED!

But at the same time, it works. Its confusing!
Google Girl11 chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
mhmm. i liked it, though i'm not an zuko/katara fan, so please forgive me for not checking out the rest of the story. good comparisions with the wolves and the lust thing. it makes sense and fits their personality. any chance you could branch off into this ship? :)
GuardianLibra chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
I agree with you, very twisted but very addicting at the same time. Very enjoyable.

I never thought that I would see to fanfic where this couple was romantic without being dark or angst. I love it!

Update soon!
RueBroadway chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Yes, very twisted, but very well written. I liked it :o)
spedclass chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Awesome chapter keep up the good work and update soon!