Reviews for The Hardest Word
2sidedstoryteller29995 chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
:( I love your writing but I hate funerals.
Loserslurgy chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
This brought tears to my eyes. I've always thought that Fred was the worst person Jo Rowling could've see the twins broken up is just so sad. Anyways, this was beautifully written
Jolinnn chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Hey,

you did such a great job, it even made me cry!

First I didn't know, who was speaking, it could have been Ginny, but

after a few sentences I realized, that it was Molly.

It was probably really difficult to write this (I couldn't!), but you

wrote it in a way, that it was realistic and sad and really well written... it

moved me to tears...

I loved the describtion of her sons at the grave, with the little

place between two of them, where Fred used to stand :'(

Jolinnn
South of North chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Beautiful.
Lili Evans dotcom chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Mawkish? It was bloody perfect. Beautiful even. And I can't write any more because I can barely see the computer screen lol. Nah it definately wasn't mawkish.

Well done

Lil x
JamyGrint chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
That was lovely, so beautifully written. I was welling up at the emotion and raw pain any parent must feel when they lose their child. Beautiful piece.

x x x
Sad eyed Lady of The Low Life chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
You captured the lose of someone so dear incredibly well. I think the saddest part of this story was Molly fixing his grave... it was heartbreaking...

I often find it hard to put into words how loss can affect you so i'm feeling slightly jealous at your ability to do it so well.

well done on an amazingly well written story...
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
although i can definitely understand molly would be utterly destroyed inside.

i think george would be far worse, because he's lost like a part of him.
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Good one. I think you did a great job delving into Molly's psyche and how she tries to latch on to every little memory of Fred in order to never forget him. I think the stuff when she's remembering Fred as a baby was the most impactful bit in this story.

Excellent job.
LilysMommy chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Absolutely lovely & heartbreaking.

I love the image of the Weasley kids all lined up, you can actually picture it in your mind.

Great job!
fictionalcandie chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
... Oh, God. That was beautiful. So sad — heart-wrenching, really, and you actually made me cry this time — I haven't really stopped yet, actually.

I think it's so crushing, partly because you do Weasleys so well and their agony is practically tangible, and that Molly's grief over Fred has GOT to be awful and painful, especially at his funeral. Also it's probably partly because of the mentions of George, alone for the first time in his life... it was so unfair that it was one of the TWINS to die, and leave the other to go on living. Just. Gah.

SAD.

Excellent, amazing fic. Fantastic imagery, as always, evocative in all the worst places (in a very, very good way, I mean), and generally not mawkish at all.
TheNightimeSky chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
-attempts to talk but cries- Fred!

Wah..I think this is very very very very very good.
mustardgirl1128 chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
that almost made me cry! It was one of the best Fred/funeral stories I've read. I LOVED it. Except...I dunno, for some reason it ruined the moment for me when she said "Bye" rather than "Goodbye" because goodbye seems so much more sentimental.

but that's just me being picky, lol! -)

Otherwise, I loved it SO much. so good.
QtipKiwis chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
i swear i teared up a bit... just a bit. beacuse, you know, i dont CRY. ;P interesting view point, not usual, but you write it well.
CaramelBoost chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Aww that was so sad and angsty! Amazing emotion, Ebony, you are seriously one of my favourite HP writers. Loved it!

xox Carrie