Reviews for Crossroad Nights
FoggyKnight chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Nice. The first night is about what my mindset was when I looked at all the stuff I had to do the first time I played the game. The second, I could definitely sympathize with.
a firebug chapter 2 . 9/9/2008
Wow - I really like the emotions in this fic. I always thought that the KC would be a little more... stressed than he/she always appeared to be. Izzy's weariness, grief and anger are all realistically portrayed... well done! :)
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 2 . 9/7/2008
Good chapter. Izzy does seem to be growing into her new role, though her chaotic nature still shows. I liked her reaction to Ammon and thinking about the revenge she would get later.
HyacinthMacaw chapter 2 . 9/7/2008
So Izzy comes to realize that she's not an island, and doesn't want to be-which sets her apart from Bishop. I like how you integrated the crew into this, and the slow growth of things you can sense between your Cas and Izzy. Delicate hints, but all the better for it.
anesor chapter 2 . 9/6/2008
I like this even better that chap 1, integrating Jerro in, and learning to save a corner of your life for yourself are good things.
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
This was such a great vignette that I hope it's not a one-shot. I liked Izzy's realization that she could delegate and didn't have to bear the burden of running the keep alone.
ParadoxPortal chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Oh, well done! It's really refreshing to read a KC in a vulnerable moment, instead of her/him acting the hard-ass all the time. And the thought process of Izzy has a lot of character and depth, and an authentic feeling to it. Nice little glimpse of Cas as well. Very enjoyable, hope you write more. :)
ArianaKir chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
A wonderful look at the burden of leadership! I love your writing - it's easy to read and your characters seem well thought out. I liked your other fanfic too - shifting shadows. Wish you'd finish that (wink wink nudge nudge). Great work!
brotherchaos chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Oh, do go on!

:D

Happiness!
HyacinthMacaw chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Oh, the joys of suddenly being cursed-um, REWARDED-with a regional garrison. I really like this; the reaction is quite in character, both for a ranger and for a young, still somewhat naive country girl. If I ever go back and write more OC era, I'd want to delve more into that.

And Casavir. Meep. Wonderful job with him. Well played: sympathetic but still a bit awkward, and definitely not mommying Izzy or overriding her authority. You really should write more of him. I love her thoughts on him and the trust-affection, even?-it seems they're developing. "Paladin's not as thick as his armor," "Never tips his hand, never tells what he knows, silent as the grave," etc.

If it's complete, well done. If not, I'm looking forward to more. :)
Jade Sabre chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Very good! I love fics that explore logical fallacies in the game, like "hm, I think an eighteen-year-old who came from a backwater farm village and happens to be good at killing things would make a GREAT keep captain!" And Izzy has a great deal of personality, which is also good.

And Casavir. Ah, Casavir. I very much like they way you portrayed him here. Nicely done. The "Perhaps he fears caring too much" line was especially good. :-)

*claps* Good on its own, but I'll also be excited if you update! :-)