Reviews for Ghosts
treeson chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
I really love how you put Snape's cruelty to Neville and Harry down to that they had lived while Lily hadn't. I never saw it that way before and it seems to me like it could definitely fit.

And the Snape-OOC moments scared me a little but I understand why after reading your 'blathering'. I would probably tell someone anything if I was mostly alone for a hundred years with few visits.

A very nice piece in all.

- Jess
Sorla chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Absolutely wonderful! Sad and comforting, though I don't know if it would be an afterlife to aspire to. Really well written, thanks for a good story!
Morning. xx chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Aww... That was sweet... Nothing I didn't like. Well done!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
I loved this! It was really interesting, to write about the Other Place. I liked how you didn't say who Neville's ghost was for a long time, it was mysterious! xD Great job, I loved this! My favorite part was when Snape expected Neville to get revenge...Neville, of all people! I loved your Neville, by the way, I can't believe it's the first time you've ever tried to write him! Great job, again, I'm adding this to my favorites list!
LauraWalden chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
I like it! I don't like that Lily never came to be with Snape as friends and that old feelings didn't die but it had a nice "forgivness and redemption" feel between Snape and Neville.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
This is wonderful. I like the use you've made of the "Lovely Bones" type of heaven (I love that book). The bit where Neville meets up with his parents made me terar up, and I feel a bit sorry for Snape (though I still can't bring myslef to like him much) regretting Lily for all eternity. Good job!
UchihaMorwen chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Beautifully written. I love the line about Severus Potter. It's a bit sad as well, poor Snape, even in heaven he doesn't get to see Lily. That seems to be the rather ultimate torture, that even after giving so much for her son, he doesn't even get to spend time with her.

I loved the image of Sirius being free forever, that was very nice.

I really enjoyed this piece.
bonnie-incognito chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Wow! I love it... :) Especially how he sees everyone else so happy and free, then Snape eternally remembering Lily, or Regulus, fruitlessly attempting to relive the childhood he never had. Beautiful wriitng, as always!

ps: Congratulations, your story has now graduated from the RL archive... *huggles* :P
10101010101 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
This was an absolutely lovely one-shot! I do believe that when Neville died, he would have a bit of a chat with Snape. Snape's heaven as being his Potions room is completely believable also!

I totally agree with you on JKR's main characters being dull! She tries so hard to make Harry the perfect hero that it just ruins his character. He really gets on my nerves now. And Ginny was such a Mary-Sue in the sixth book! Popular, athletic, pretty, etc. It was annoying.

Anyway, I really liked this! Thanks for the good read!

~Turtle
Cassandra's Cross chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
This was superbly done. What a fascinating perspective on Snape, from Neville's POV. I never would have thought of it. This seems very true to me, but I have to take issue with you on your A/N at the end re: the main characters. I've written a full-length fic on Harry & Ginny because I think there's a lot more depth to both of them than a lot of people give them credit for. The peripheral characters are certainly quirkier, I'll give you that much. At any rate, well done, you!
neb92 chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Hmm... This fic really reminded me of "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" for some reason. I really like those books, and I recommend them if you haven't read them before.

This is a really interesting idea. I like the thought of Neville putting his ghosts to rest in the afterlife, and helping Snape with Potions. It's almost like the supreme irony, really.

It'd be interesting to see other characters trying to put their old ghosts to rest *hint hint wink wink* lol.

I really liked this one-shot.

Neb
A Shade of Grey chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
This was so powerful, I loved it!

And I second the comment at the end about awesome peripheral characters. :)
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
This is quite a nice look at Neville, very unique. We often see the Marauders behind the veil, but it’s rare to see anyone from the trio era. I like the way you’ve stuck to their characters, even after death, what with full of ideas Hermione and a Remus who is wary of upsetting his friends.

My favourite thing though is your distinctive look on the afterlife, what with being able to pick your age and appearance there. I’ve always believed that you stay the age you die, yet your way is so believable and real.

Love your character rant too, it’s perfectly right and everyone needs to have one occasionally.

Cuba
Espoir Noir chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Loved it! At first, I thought Neville was going to meet Bellatrix, but when it all became clear, it made much more sense. I think Snape is very much in character, you've definitely captured his cynicism and yearning. And Neville was just sweet (as always), and it would only be Neville that had the Gryffindor bravery to go and meet his childhood nightmare. (Although I did wonder about Harry laughing that Snape wasn't a part of his heaven, I thought he might have shown a bit more understanding.) Anyway, overall, I thought it was brilliant.
Heart4Happiness chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Wow. You wrote Snape's bitterness over Lily really well.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »