Reviews for Ghosts
Heart4Happiness chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Wow. You wrote Snape's bitterness over Lily really well.
touchtheskyx chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Really good, I liked it alot.

The only thing I can find to critisize is that a couple lines from Snape were a little OOC...

And why was he nineteen?

Anyways, good job. You portrayed Neville really well :)

-touchtheskyx
KaryInTheSky chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Awesome story! Your definition of heaven is a lot like the one I have in mind. The Neville-Snape dialogue was great! This is a very good way of reconciling two characters. It’s very, very well done!
HiddenDepths-x chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
I loved it. Absolutely loved it. If I had to pick a particular detail, it was your description of each character's personal heaven - particularly those of Sirius,Regulus and Snape, which I thought were perfect. A really well structured and interesting story, and quite unlike anything I've read before. Great! :)
Lexie-H chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
Lol. I like it. The Other Place is a great name. If I was still writing Memento Mori I'd probably steal it P I really like that here, everyone has a different reality that they can control. So different to life. And most of all, I think Snape was amazing when he explained the reason he hated Neville and Harry. You were spot on there, I think!

Snape is a little gratuitous but you make it work, which is great. And as much as I like Sirius and Reg in Memento Mori, I think this is good too - a begrudging relationship. It works!

My favourite line?

“Longbottom if you wish to continue working unharmed in this room never, never, mention the name ‘Severus Potter’."
pinecone.girl chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
wow i really like this... sorry for such a lame comment but there's really not much left to say!

-me;)
fragilestrength chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Okay, that was extremely interesting. Was this the Neville piece you were talking about?

Now; as I mentioned, I adore Neville. He's my favorite character, and you captured him well, even if he was different as an adult then as a child; stronger, braver.

Although it kind of makes me sad that he didn't spend more time with the family and his friends, you're right; he does have eternity to spend wherever he pleases.

This is kind of interesting as a parallel to Lexie's Memento Mori. Your 'Other Place' is a lot more dreamlike and disjointed then Lexie's, which is actually more how I imagine(d) it.

Also; I like the repetition of how it's impossible to lie in the 'other place'. And you captured Snape well. )

-Cayenne
tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
This is truly a great story, everything if it is moving, I will not add words to say how much it is so, to me, but surely you have, more than JK, given a beautiful "end" to their lives and, finally, a real friend to our poor Snape. Thank you!
ippogrifo chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Wonderful!

I like your idea of Heaven where everyone chose their own place to live and their age. Where it is possible to reach understanding because it's not possible to lie and just for this motive, still old enmitys and false friends remain unchanged, like the marauders and Lily with Severus.

Snape is so lonely and vulnerable that even Neville is worthy of his confession. When he says “She doesn’t come, even here", I have cried. It's still an open wound for me.

Thank you for this moving and intelligent story.
Phoenix Moon 13 chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
I LOVE you! There is not enough Neville fic where Neville isn't snivelly and rubbish. But Neville is actually my favourite characters. I love the Marauders and Snape and a bunch of others, but Ron is the only one of the mains I love. Neville is made of awesome.

Anyhoo, I love that everyone shrinks to their favourite age. I can imagine George especially living to 100 and then choosing to be 21 again in their Heaven.

I like Neville offering some Potions advice to Snape, I grinned at that. And Snape's reaction to "Severus Potter" was spot on (imagine if little Albus ever wanted to meet his namesake?).

Hannah Abbot? Oh. my. god. That's such a perfect match - they'd be so sweet together. Oh yay! The one thing I hated in the series was how Neville never seemed to even get kissed - and he was totally The Man in DH.

To sum up? Brilliant.
computercatastrophe chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
That was good! Neville and Snape together in a believable way. Even Heaven is not very nice for Snape, the poor bastard.

Regards

Possum (AKA Catastrophe)
whitehound chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
I agree with duj, I wouldn't call Sirius more sinned against than sinning - he was truly dangerous and vicious, whereas Snape just had a malicious sense of humour. OTOH I wouldn't say Snape went through hell worse than Sirius did - however terrible Snape's life was, twelve years in Azkaban while the Dementors were there was probably a lot worse.

Whilst there is something a bit melodramatic or emotionally self-indulgent about Snape's life-long obsession with Lily, what we see in DH suggests that Dumbledore probably deliberately fed his guilt-complex to keep him obedient.

Nice portrayal of Neville, anyway. Personally I think that Neville's fear of Snape springs from his upbringing. From what we see, he doesn't really have a direct reason to fear Snape, who is considerably less nasty to him than McGonagall is. At least Snape never (not once) actually punishes him for the bad memory and vagueness he can't help, as McGonagall does: Snape just nags him too much.

But Neville grew up with a family who repeatedly put him in fear for his life in an attempt to squeeze some magic out of him, and who basically said to him "Better dead than a Squib". So he associates being bad at magic with genuinely being in mortal danger - and since Snape keeps telling him he's bad at magic he associates Snape with fear of death.
duj chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
I don't find Sirius "more sinned against than sinning". He chose Snape as a victim from early on, without any reason except that he took a dislike to the "slimy, oily, greasy" kid, and he never wavered from that. He even tried to kill him at 16 (because there's no way he could have believed there'd be any other outcome but death or turning from sending someone to meet a "fully-grown werewolf" in his den, down a tunnel too long to run away through; he'd spent 3 years learning to be an Animagus in order to go down that tunnel on full moon himself) and felt no regret.

Nice vignette of Neville making peace with an old enemy.
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3