Reviews for The Cell Walls
Yulandia chapter 11 . 9/25/2011
ok so I favorited this story a long time ago, reread it Gods know how many times, and somehow never reviewed it.

I completely loved the different feel of this story. It made me feel like I was watching a very intense and intimate play - spotlights on our heroes, with overall dim lights coming up and going out between scenes and hollow sounds of shuffling echoing within the concrete cell. And Drizzt's transformation beginning with "Fair enough". Wow.

There are so many eye opening wow moments in this story, especially from Drizzt's point of view - Artemis' apology, his dispair, his revelations, his past, his losses, his transformation, and his friendship with Jarlaxle. How could their time together be anything but instructional? And Drizzt is open-minded enough to consider the words of his rival and return the honesty he was given. I like how when he was defending Artemis to his friends (after they escaped), he came across much stronger than we usually see him. Much more bold and likable.

Oh yes, and you sprinked in more than a few touches of humor. It's good to see that both of them could be funny. My favorite humorous bit was this, even though (or especially because?) it was meant more to enrage:

Catti-brie shot at him, finally recovered from her shock. "I oughta slay you, ye peeping tom!"

"A peeping tom is one who sees a woman when she is exposed," Artemis said, giving her a look. "Since you are fully clothed, I can only assume that you have no idea what you are talking about."

YES! Forked-tongued displays of intelligence are sometimes more impressive than displays of physical prowess. :)

You did exactly what you set out to do. Artemis and Drizzt are together, and friendship is now possible. I feel kinda sad for Jarlaxle, but at least he and Artemis got to talk a bit and reaffirm thier friendship before they parted this time. While I would LOVE to see more of this because it is going well, I feel that any more chapters would almost require a Book II - a completely separate story.

Agian, great story. Very intense and thoughtful. :)

Yulz
Nitroglycerin chapter 10 . 1/26/2011
"… he was emotionally battered from Jarlaxle's ham-fisted attempts to be a true friend…"

That line, right there, is win.
Rat-Man chapter 11 . 3/19/2010
please, Please, PLEASE write more about Artemis! This was an totally awsome story! Waiting 4 more eagerly!
aponie chapter 11 . 5/12/2008
more plz!

i love all your stories, but for some reason good drizzt stories r so rare, he is ussualy made off character and too goody goody. i mean its so obvious to any1 who read the books, that none of the characters is perfect, and far from it- all damaged in their own way. very nice story and i hope u see/read more from u.
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 11 . 4/20/2008
Don't tell me you won't write any more! You can't leave us and them like that! I mean, there, now, something's possible, you managed to do it, and it would not be fair not to go further.

Artemis is not ready to try again to rebuild his life, and he has a Drow - who finally realizes he's one - to help him through that difficult stage of his life... Wow. Anyway, you did AMAZING work, and I'm looking forward to reading more of you!

Nuitari Aquarius

PS: Thank you very much for the beta-reading, it's so nice and kind of you to do all this work for me!
Linndechir chapter 11 . 4/20/2008
What, an epilogue? But there will be a sequel, no? Otherwise I'll be crying in frustration. ;)

Erm, yes. I like how Artemis analysed why his "friendship" with Jarlaxle didn't work out. It's definitely believable. And I'm once again very impressed by the balance between Artemis and Drizzt, by the way you manage to get them closer to each other while having them stay in character.

"His deeply confused gray eyes probed the ranger so intently that Drizzt felt…an almost sexual kind of invasion of space." Now now, is this the promise that the sequel will be slashy? O:-) Or am I just hoping in vain?
PhantomBoo chapter 11 . 4/19/2008
epilogue ?... but your ending is SCREAMING : PART TWO IS COMING ! o_o
Zolarix Aster chapter 10 . 4/14/2008
I like this story. But I can't tell if it's finished or not. It could go both ways. On one hand, the drama is pretty much finished, they've escaped from Luskan, etc. On the other, they still have to get used each others' quirks, which could be potentially interesting. (I hope Artemis remembers to use nonlethal traps the first time they stop at an inn!)

But it is an awesome story; it's a plausible reason for them to work together. Excellent characterization on them both. (Drizzt was tri~cky!)
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 10 . 2/10/2008
Your characterizations are just amazing! This is awesome!

Finally, Artemis seems to leave his deep well of doubts and passive behavior... and Drizzt opens his eyes on his companions. That's refreshing!

Want to read more!

Nuitari Aquarius
Linndechir chapter 10 . 2/10/2008
Yay, a new chapter. :) I'm almost starting to like your Drizzt, he almost appears as a sensible person. Artemis is as always great, especially at the ending. I hope you're going to update soon; I'm very curious.
Nariel chapter 10 . 2/10/2008
*experiences warm fuzzys, opting for shutting up instead of needlessly praising ChiX, lest it distracts her from writing and we'd have to wait for the next chapter even longer*

Iceheart Firesoul chapter 9 . 12/1/2007
It's interesting how Bruenor and Wulfgar are accepting Artemis relatively easily, while Regis and Catti-brie are having such a tough time. It seems a little odd coming from Cattie-brie, as they seemed to have reached a truce in Menzoberranzan, but the entire situation turns the world nicely on its head, with Cattie-brie and Regis being the antagonists.
Lodorfin chapter 9 . 11/27/2007
Hello !

I followed the story from the beginning and I really enjoy it !

I didn't read all the books of the Forgotten Realms but I think

that what you wrote conrresponds very well with the characters

even if sometimes I think that Drizzt seems a little too naive.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter !

Lodorfin

PS : Please, do forgive me for my bad English : I'm French...
Sushi-san85 chapter 9 . 11/26/2007
Artemis finally worked up enough resolve to respond. “What…did sliced meat have to do with your redemption?”

*giggles*

;

“Cat told me what happened between you two,” Bruenor said casually,

I think you mean "ye two". Just a little thing that made my inner linguist hurt a bit.

I like the way you've depicted the Companions and their reaction to Artemis. Really, all the guy needs are some good friends. And Regis. Oh my, he's hilarious. xD I'm so glad that someone is finally showing more of the halfling and his sarcastic side. I just *knew* he could be wonderfully sarcastic.

Drizzt, though. All I could think, was "aw". ; Artemis is very fortunate to have that ranger around. ;)

*hopes that Jarlaxle might make an appearance*

*hardcore Jarlaxle fangirl*

“All this worry about whether or not we could save you, then Jarlaxle showing up with that creepy psionicist of his

LOL! ;

I admire your writing style. It's to the point, precise and easy to follow. The whole scenery is also very easy to imagine. Too many descriptions (as with RAS) I find confusing and disorienting. :)
Linndechir chapter 8 . 11/25/2007
Oh, I like this chapter. (True, I like all chapters, but anyway.) As I can't stand CB, I'm glad to see how you describe her here. Just the annoying, stupid brat she is. It's really sweet how Drizzt reacts to Artemis "wounds", and how he tries to comfort him. I can't wait until they get closer, hehe. And to see how CB will react to that. *evil laugh*