Reviews for Of Music
happyreviewer chapter 14 . 8/19
Also, I forgot to say maybe the most important thing. One of my most favorite scenes that blew my mind while I actually listened to Bach since this story had me craving the classical and I connected so much with Light's passion for music.

Hottest. Tennis match. Ever. !

Hands down. No one can even replicate that in real life. Only your Light and L could have made that so freaking intense and delicious. Thank you. Okay over and out before I go on another ramble about this story's gloriousness.
happyreviewer chapter 15 . 8/19
This is one wonderfully crafted and written story I'm so happy you wrote and decided to share. Your portrayal of Light and L made me love them even more. SO much more! Many moments touched my heart and made me smile and laugh and kept my attention captured throughout every chapter. The musical aspects were exquisite and breathtaking and the way their relationship gradually folded together was freaking beautiful and realistic by my standards. From the first meeting and to this current. Each character was written with careful care and consideration and even better - a fundamental understanding of these characters that we in the Death Note fandom love so much. I was so glad there was no Misa bashing as well. I suspect she is involved in the investigation of the heart attacks in a more menacing way than depicted first off. I think she has a role in the plot there that hasn't yet been revealed, but I also suspect you want your readers to think so lmao. So I'm keeping my assumptions and suspicions to myself until I see what happens in the future. Your portrayal of Matsuda was also very satisfying and fun to see. I love that guy. Anyway, I'm just so happy I found this story and will be reading it again and again. Thank you thank you thank you. If you decide to keep going with this story, I will be there for the next one and you'll hear from me again. If not, I am still going to love this story forever. I tip my hat off to you and hope to see more.
Ill-Fated-Wish chapter 15 . 8/15
Wow this was very lovely. I’m so happy to have read this story! I was very swept up by it. The way you described music was lovely and your characterizations of Light and L were fantastic. I think my favorite chapter was when they were in the concert and shared that very intense staring match lol. I just remember feeling just as excited and swept up by the music like they were. And I also thought that that lawlight moment was sheer perfection. Another favorite scene of mine was the tennis match. That was just WOW so good. Everything about this was wonderful! Honestly, it’s ok if u don’t want to come back...I think the story is ok to be left off here. Thank u for sharing this story with us! It was truly something else.
Hello Kani, I'm not sure if you'll come back to this fic (though I still hold out hope), but I wanted to at least tell you that this fic is amazing and both L and Light are very wonderfully written. I really adore your Light, and it's possibly my favorite characterization of Light because of how very in-character it is. I totally see Light as someone who would struggle with his insecurity for control in a relationship, and you highlighted that part well in this chapter. I really wish to see where L and Light's relationship goes after this, and Light's journey to accept that as L said, control does not equate power and there's nothing wrong with wanting to lose or submit to L. Seeing Light completely open to his desire to lose to L would be very cute and endearing and it's my wish for them to be happy together. :D Thank you for writing this fic and I hope you're doing great out there with your husband!
PrincessBluetree chapter 15 . 6/20
God I did not expect this fic to be what it is when I first read it but it went beyond what I expected.
I’m absolutely in love with it. Your characterization is one of the best in the DN fandom and your writing is so evocative and gorgeous.
This one of my favorites fan fics of all time
SP777 chapter 15 . 3/29
Even though your story doesn't say 'Complete' ...I think that was the end and to be honest that would be the best place to stop. After all, you've practically told us what direction everyone was going in Ch. 14...

Tho who killed those men is still up in the air, it didn't feel like a pressing concern to know. All in all I think I've reviewed before... I don't remember reading Ch. 15...anyway I really love how you write.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/8/2019
...That was definitely the sexiest tennis match of all time.
JustAGuest chapter 15 . 9/20/2019
This story is amazing TT well done!
drippinghoney chapter 15 . 2/2/2019
I hope you know that fans like me who've been reading your story for years truly don't care if you ever finish it or not. I'm just happy that it's still around, and every year or so I come back to reread it. It's one of my lifetime favorites. So please don't stress about updates or writer's block. You've done plenty already.
Alexandra Vupre chapter 15 . 7/18/2018
I just love this so much. I've re-read this for -like 3 times now.

There's a lot of interpretations about their characters out there, not to mention the many Lawlight romances, but this -this is so them. I can totally imagine them having-this- in a nearby universe. You've perfectly portrayed how they could be such little shits, the complexities of their giftedness and how it affects them, making them so human no matter how much of an intellectual titans they are, just -so awesome.

I don't know if you'll ever update this again, but if u ever do, I'll be here as one of your -undoubtedly, many faithful readers.

Anyways, I don't really mind this ambiguous ending, so either way's fine.
#CurrentlySleepDeprived #2018
Ciao~
Amasan chapter 1 . 7/13/2018
I remember being close to tears when I first started to reading this fanfic a few years ago and realised that it might never have an ending. I didn't visit this site for years and I'm so happy to discover that you wrote something new. I love this story. Wish you best of luck and thank you for posting it.
PurelyOrnamental chapter 15 . 6/24/2018
hi mikanis,
i'm so glad you came back and added more chapters to this story. i recently went through the long illness and death of a loved one so i understand how hard it is to put yourself back together. when i first found your work it was just a couple of weeks before you stopped posting for all those years, but i never stopped checking for updates, you were (are) a gift to deathnote fandom. i missed your unique and truly beautiful writing and you have remained my favourite for all this time. regardless of wether you ever come back to writing here i will still look for you as long as i can. you deserve all good things.
Enderheart5911 chapter 15 . 6/12/2018
*throws hands into the air* Damnit, Mikanis, you've done it again! Few can adequately even begin to approach an accurate depiction of L or Light, but no matter what situation you put these two in, they somehow remain true to their own intrinsic elements. You... Honestly, I don't know what to say. I've read so many of your fics, and they somehow manage to take my breath away each and every time. Thank you, for even if you never write again, something that I find almost criminal in nature, what you've shared with us is truly breathtaking. I do not regret the long hours and late nights spent swept up in your work.
Guest chapter 15 . 3/3/2018
perfect!
Raven chapter 15 . 1/27/2018
Guess what I just re-read? I absolutely adore this work still, and I have accepted this open ending. I’m pleased with what you’ve written and am so happy that I’ve decided to start writing my own works. I fear unless there is an update this will be my last comment. Step Lightly yourself Kani
I wish you the best in life