Reviews for A Walk on the Other Side
Cutter12 chapter 8 . 7/24/2013
Great job, especially the tension by Charlie as he tried so hard not to fall into the N vs NP trap and to be there for Don no matter what. Funny how even though Don was the one in danger he still was watching out for his brother. Thank you for writing this, I enjoyed it immensely. :)
LisaG16 chapter 8 . 10/19/2012
aw man...i needed another tissue alert on that chapter! really wonderful story..very well written with everyone perfectly in character.

i think i've buzzed through all your numb3rs stories...i hope you keep writing them! a sequel/continuation of this one would be cool!
LisaG16 chapter 7 . 10/19/2012
oh wow...i never thought about don losing his job. still, i guess it's not really important in the scheme of things.
LisaG16 chapter 6 . 10/19/2012
oh man...you killed me when charlie told don he loved him. *sniff!*. you should put a tissue warning on these kinds of chapters! but yay! don is going to be ok!
LisaG16 chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. well done!
seven days later chapter 8 . 1/17/2010
oh my god! That was so beautiful, I forgot to review all of the chapters because I was so engrossed! I don't generally like Don/Liz, but it was so wonderfully written that I did! This is the kind of story that was created for.
Nita chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
Ew. Really great up till then. I can't go on though. Sorry. "I'm pregnant" and "I want your baby" is just not what I signed on for.

Exactly what many others want though go for it!
epalladino chapter 8 . 5/24/2009
Excellent story. A little different, but it's nice to see something different. I liked Liz/Don and am glad when I see fan fic that does something with their relationship.

Thanks, Beth
EmptySky chapter 8 . 5/8/2009
I loved the first chapter a lot because it was like a little introduction that pretty much summed up all the important facts and the basic information on the current situation Don is in. It also gives us a slight idea what to expect, and what might happen. It must feel weird for Don to be threatened by something inside of him, something related to his own body instead of the typical dangers of his job and the criminals he deals with. His thoughts and hopes are portrayed very well, easy to read, and I ‘suffered’ with Don the entire time. It’s a joy to read. He really hopes for the mass to be benign and doesn’t even want to think about the other possibility, not that I blame him. I appreciate that it seems like you did medical research on everything, and didn’t just write whatever you’d picture a situation like that to be. It seems accurate, even though I’m not an expert in that particular field and don’t know for sure. Especially the moments at the doc’s office were well researched, which made it even nicer to read. It was like I could feel Don’s reaction to hearing that there is an 80 percent chance of having cancer.

I found Megan to be a great help with giving Don advice, or just listening to him and being the little voice of reason. Also, I really felt for Alan there. It must have been so incredibly hard to loose his wife, and now there’s Don telling him that he might have to face the same fate. And for Charlie, the numbers must have crushed him. There are the numbers, something he has come to trust for almost all his life, and now he desperately needs to think that they’re wrong, and that the odds won’t come true because this is his brother’s life, and he needs to be strong for his family’s sake. I really like that this story focuses on both Don *and* Charlie, how they deal with it individually and as brothers.

That Liz is pregnant really must have done it for Don. There he is not even completely sure he’ll still be alive in the next few years, and then Liz tells him she’s pregnant with his baby. I can’t imagine anything worse; even though it might give him the hope and strength to pull through and fight if it turns out to be malignant. I did not expect the little proposal to take place, but it definitely was a nice surprise and managed to fit the flow of the story. Saying goodbye before the surgery must have been so tough, and since I was put in that position before myself I really felt the pain Don must have been going through at that moment. The moment where the doctor revealed it was not cancer made me happy, and I smiled. I know it’s just a story, but I felt pretty hooked up here ;)

I’m not sure if it’s actually really the case that one can’t do field work anymore once there is the slightest impairment from having gotten removed a kidney, but it certainly fit the situation and maybe even is better for the family Don is about to start. Two active agents with a baby seems to be tough, so maybe one being in a rather safe environment seems better. The proposal was so sweet, I don’t even know what to say to it aside from me having gone ‘aww’. The way everything worked out, for both Don and Charlie, was perfect. I really enjoyed reading the story and tried to sum up what I liked especially, and to give you a proper comment which I think this story definitely deserved. Sorry it turned out to be so long, but I worked through chapter for chapter.
Edna Pests chapter 4 . 11/4/2008
Something tells me Charlie's "stalking" Donnie will be just as bad, or worse than garage time.
Zuzanny chapter 8 . 12/28/2007
That had me in tears all over the place. So sweet and realistic. Very well done.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 8 . 12/27/2007
Great story! :) Very well written. As always I loved it.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 7 . 12/27/2007
Poor Donnie, he can't do field duty anymore. But at least he gets to be in charge of more things now.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 6 . 12/27/2007
Oh, thank God, I am so, so, so thrilled that it wasn't malignant. Fantastic chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 5 . 12/27/2007
Charlie nodded and sank gratefully into the chair, and Don walked away, with a warm feeling starting in his heart. He suspected what it was costing his brother to keep from retreating into the oblivion of his calculations, and the fact that he was trying so hard to stay connected made him feel comforted somehow. He shot a glance back over his shoulder, and caught Charlie watching him. Okay, maybe a little claustrophobic, but comforted.

*sobs* Donnie had better be okay, especially with a baby on the way. Great chapter!