Reviews for Damn
TonksftMemories chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Oh wow. I am crying because ahh your Tonks is perfect and I love this ship so much. Thanks for posting.
ClumsyTonks chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
in love with this story :)
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Such a great blend of the conversations Remus is having in his mind with Sirius, and the one-on-one conversations with Tonks. My favorite line was Sirius' "You actually remember her first name? You're farther gone than I thought." Laughed hysterically. Liked the story a lot.
sick-atxxheart chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Ah! I loved this! Especially the ending!
Mahsa FF chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Betcha I'm not the first of your reviewers to echo your own words back at you you and say about this fic... Damn! That was amazingly wonderful. But as I want to be a good little reviewer, I'll go on to say a bit more, even though that one word does sum it up rather nicely.

I feel torn between sense and sensibility when I read your fics, Tierfal, because I appreciate them on both an emotional and intellectual level. Luckily, I don't mind reading them twice, to get the full effect for both halves of my personality - LOL. The way you create an ambiance within your story, an almost tangible underlying mood... well, it's beautiful and seems effortless, although I'm sure (at least, I hope! *iz jealous*) you have to try a bit. And then your word choice, god I could just eat you up, I love it so much. Where else could I find a fanfic writer who uses words like nescient to such humorous effect? Hugs, Mahsa
heyyodude chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
amazing times three billion.

love this
Lacrymose chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
love them and love it
Mistyquest chapter 1 . 12/27/2007

They are so made for each other.

This is a really good songfic. Normally they're cheesy beyond all hope of anything.

I have gone through almost all of your stories! I should have paced myself...
Golden Doodle chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
That was adorable! I loved the Grindylow paragraph the best, but really, the whole thing was amazing! I love Remus/Tonks, they're so cute together.
Pyric chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
I've read this story twice now.

Yup. Twice.

And I suddenly realized that I hadn't reviewed it.

Some really cool lines in here.

My personal favourite:

“I am NOT a twig, Remus Lupin!” Remus could hear him howling. “I am a sizeable piece of kindling at the least! More accurately, I am a behemoth of firewood! I am a GOD among trees!”

Another good one:

No. 702: Spend that much time with dust bunnies, and they’ll crown you their leader.

I also really liked the part that Mrs Black played in all of this. Somehow it added something, like this line:

“You’re that hideous Half-Blood werewolf, aren’t you?” Walburga was managing to sneer at him and recoil away at once. It was a considerable achievement.

“Actually,” Remus corrected, “I’m the strikingly handsome Half-Blood werewolf.”

Oh, and this one. My second favourite, to be sure:

It was the best of times, Remus mused, it was the worst of times…

He wondered if normal people thought in Dickens quotes. He kind of doubted it.

:D I don't know what else to tell you. It's a really good handle on Sirius' death and the effects of it. I like it quite a lot. I've never been too keen on the songfic thing, but it worked well here, somehow or another.

All in all, it's a really great piece. Nicely done.
luthian-elanor chapter 1 . 11/9/2007

That was...*crikets shirping*...

I love your way with was funny, sad, sweet,and realistic all at the same time.

I really enjoyed it!

I love Lupin and Tonks, but just like my other favorite characters, they got snuffed out!

So, of course, I just eat up these stories! LOL

But I have to say this one is at the top of my favorites list!

GREAT JOB 10/10 *claps loudly*
vampassassin chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
aw, this is so sweet! I love it!
Ramzes chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Good story, good characters, good grammar, and Sirius' line about the children with rainbow hair was great. I love this story!
Glorious Clio chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
That was the best song fic I have ever read. Ever. You are a very gifted writer. And your characterization, dialogue, discription, everything else, was absolutely perfect. Damn!
bookworm914 chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Wow! That story was brilliant. The characterizations are so clear, so genuine. I could gush for a while, but you would find it redundant. Let's just say, you know these characters so well I'm wondering how often you have them over for dinner, because you couldn't be so deep in the heads of fictional characters.

I'm not crazy about the song part of this. To be honest, I don't recall ever hearing the song, and reading it now I'm not sure what it means, other than something about a love story where the woman is stubborn. My initial feeling is that it actually doesn't fit RLNT at all, because it seems that the girl is cold and rejects the guy, and the guy is convinced that he deserves her. Which obviously would be the reverse of RLNT. There's so much text that I wonder whether this wouldn't be better as a regular short fic, and that's compounded by my ambivalence about the connection between the characters and this song. Certainly, I felt a much greater affinity for the narrative than for the interconnection between prose and lyrics. And it seems like you may be forcing a similarity by writing details from the song into the story to compensate for the overall themes being different. In particular I say this because of what you did with "she's got all these reasons" line - isn't Tonks emphatically *not* organized, so wouldn't she *not* have a color-coded list of reasons? Remus is the careful, organized one, and Tonks is kind of all over the place, right? Anyway, I don't think the song parallel adds much, I think this would be better if you wrote their romance as a straight story. But it's amazing anyway.

Thanks so much for posting, as I said this was brilliant.