Reviews for A Tithe To Hell
Revoier chapter 1 . 6/24/2018
Just finished reading it on AO3 and it's sooooo amazing that I felt the need to review it here in this website too.

Damn. Just DAMN!
Brilliant! Absolute perfection! Incredible! Genius! And all of the praises that ever exist should be given to this amazing pieces! Because seriously, it just deserved it. Totally deserved it.

I love this masterpiece so much that you just don't know how scarily bigger it is!

Well, I just came here to tell the other DN fans in this site to go check this one out in AO3 with the same title. It's really, realllly, REALLLLLYYYY worth it! Because seriously, you guys just have no idea how shame it is for a DN fans if they haven't read this one.
Dbzgirl1011 chapter 1 . 10/15/2017
This was ten f**king years ago, but oh my god. It's f**king beautiful and amazing. Thank you so much for this. You literally fixed my entire life

CAKE WAR X3
LuvCake chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
I just recently read it on your lj.
Good job!
Teacuppy chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
For People who want to read this - find it on AO3 under the name A Tithe to Hell by Aja.
BUT FIRST READ THE WARNINGS - this is not for everyone but it is one of the Best Death Note fics... :-D

And I'll copy my review:

Oh my, oh my...This can be read multiple times and each time becomes better than before...
I read this several times and I appreciate it so much better now.

I'll try to mention everything I liked about it would be hard cause I ... well I LOVE all of it. You are such brilliant writer.

I'm having a hard time to explain - what your story mean to me...you did so well...KAMI

Everything fits in splendidly...
Your characterization is so f*ing perfect. Light's insanity is so intense and real...L proved himself again, that he is exceptionally intelligent - whatever he decides to do and really wants it - he can do it. And here he knew what he wants and made sure that he did everything he can to get it. You showed us their crazy side and their human side...they found their soul (Kira - his true Light, true self and realized his need for L...and L wasn't just the detective wishing to solve the puzzle about Kira - but caring person) especially Light, he was lost in many ways and the journey you put him through is so amazing and a bit scary.

Flashbacks came in just the right moments, those little hints between them during their 'chained-together' moments were perfect. Dialogue is very smart, and demands looking between lines.
The game they played with each other, or better - just Light's game is so well written (he played a game even with himself). Also his confusion about L and his motivation, his true situation by the end, his insecurities, insanity, his suppressed feelings, jealousy of himself, ... and many many more things are extremely well written. It was also very HOT despite those (for me) a little too graphic scenes - but that fits in this powerful fic.

This has to be my favorite DN fic, so dark and real and beautiful and unique, how I wish that manga/anime ended exactly like this...
one of my favorite lines ''Because there can't be the two of you'' - this is saying so much;
“It’s Kira. Is there anything about him you like?” - “Perhaps that is a question you should ask yourself, Raito-kun, since it bothers you that much.” - this is shorter version ;

There are far too many favorite things about this, the picture is also pure perfection . . . I am just worshiping this. That is all. :D

AND THX SO MUCH !
dion chapter 1 . 1/9/2015
Damn, I got the link to this story from bea's recs and I'm up to chapter 2. Problem is, I don't have internet, can't afford it, so I sometimes walk to my sister's porch two houses down for her WiFi and pick something long to read back home. In beas recs this was said to be like a long multi chapter fic but in a one shot. I was like yees! And the story so far as I've read is so good, you are such a gifted writer, your prose is poignant and characterization perfect. But I can't run back and forth across the street just to flip to the next chapter, they're too short. So I guess I'll have to wait to read the rest. :( bummer.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
For some reason... It didn't pop up. Like it just listed the poem and the author's notes. I should probably read the other reviews first to check if it's just me but yeah.
Crazy reviewer chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
WTF! Hey where's the fic? Cant find it, wahh! I wanna read it!
FiveLeggedTango chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I'm pretty sure that FFN deleted most of this fic. Can you repost or send it to me?
uhuhuhuhuhuhu chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
My god-

SO DAMN INTENSE. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT BAAAD DESPITE LIGHT BEING THE SEME AND THAT'S REALLY SAYING SOMETHING. (I've always seen L so manrrry with that casual, reckless look and Light is just too much of an uke with the angsty thing going on, you know XD)
And god, the ending, THE ENDING! It left me as relieved as it did L in the story, believe me. I've always, ALWAYS looked for THIS ending and you've delivered it masterfully. I loved Light's insanity and despite the said uke-thing going on about him, he was a wonderful sadist. It was so fitting and I found the whole thing to be very, VERY arousing. No matter how I contradict myself at this, the idea of L wanting to be dominated by Kira (as much as the idea of Kira wanting to be dominated by L) is very intruguing.

Before I forget-
"Because there can't be two of you" - I DIED from the perfection of it. So fitting, so amazing, so GAH NO AMOUNT OF PRAISE IS ENOUGH.

Seriously, now I'll be harassing the fav button. Thank you for writing such a great story.
Lamanta chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Just wanted to say that this story totally blew my mind!

Its gripping with its awesomness - a splendid told mindfuckery! I normally do not even like to read about bloodplay, but this made me want to grip a knife too...

Fantastically told! Thanks for sharing with us readers.
Daikaio chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Such a dark and interesting story. I really liked it. Awesome job!
Nimohtar chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Oh my dear, I'm having a hard time trying to find the words to express just how good this story is and how it made me feel. It is as close to perfection of what I would love to read about Death Note as I have come across so far. It has everything I would want in a story, and it is so gloriously written.

The characters are fantastic, and the end is fantastic. Reading how Light thought he had almost won, but knowing that there would be something more, and then having that something more was just... exquisite. My pride sympathises with him at the end, when he realises he's lost, but at the same time, a part of me knows he's an egotistic bastard and loves to see him brought down, and in such a way as well! And the ending... to me I'd call that winning on both their sides.

I am going to have to reread this story many times, and I thank you for writing it.

Yours, Nimohtar
hawkeye94563 chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
After reading your fanfic on your livejournal, I have to say, it is one of the best things I have read. I loved all the plot twists and the whole time it felt like I couldn't breathe because I was wondering what was going to happen next. It was a perfect mix of everything. I loved it. Really really really did. Thank you so much for sharing!
MangoBones chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I read that poem [and the title] In Holly Blacks "Tithe"
HallucinatingDreams chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Absolutely...extraordinary. This was by far one of the most convoluted, unpredictable plots I've encountered; it's quite a twist. Thank you so much for writing!