Reviews for A Piglet's Island Adventure
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Not bad, this could be interesting. Always wanted to see a crossover with these shows/manga. Amazons are what would be his first serious thought, maybe thinking it is a Japanese branch, might ask about Cologne since Obaa-chan is over 100 she might have known her in his mind.
Is this before or after Ikuto gets there? That would change who reacts to him & in what way. Due to the Curse, Chikage will be very interested either way. Since Ikuto is 14 and Ryoga is 16-17, maybe the slightly older girls will be after him, leaving the younger ones to fight over Ikuto. This could leave you to telling stories involving people who don't get a lot of 'screen time' and not have as much impact on the main points. It would give them each a male human sparing partner too.

Two issues, nick picks really.
1) Rin, less feminine than Akane (his favorite girl in the world)? bite your tongue. lol. Besides he should want a tough girl, she needs to be able to 'withstand his love', even Akane and Ranma had trouble with an 'enthusiastic hug' from him.
2) Machi-nee, along with all of the other human residents of the island, is a vegetarian, the only meat they eat is fish (because they don't talk back). On that note I should also mention that his pig form would look REALLY strange to the humans on the island (except for the ones from outside). As strange as their animals look to normal people. Could be funny if his pig form changed over time to match the local fauna as Ikuto adapted to where he could understand the animals.

I guess the problem being that the two most fitting matches for him would be Rin (due to her strength), and/or Shinobu (due to her direction sense), and both of these girls are after Ikuto in the normal timeline.

I guess it also depends on what you wanted to do with the story over all. ;) I say don't leave out the Airantou elements, just explain what is weird in context. Why do the crossover if you don't want to use the elements? Go full bore and have one of the first, longer running ones out there. Maybe some people won't find it until there is an official US release, but then they will have a bit to read through when they do find it. Anyone who hasn't read the originals would automatically assume there will be 'in jokes' they won't be privy to. Also I think it would be a lot harder to have it take place on the island w/o explaining some of the oddities about it once Ryoga starts to figure out what's going on.
pensuka chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
hehe boy i bet the expression on everyones face when they find out of ryoga once he makes contact with hot water will be priceless
Legendary Kijin Angel chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
the fic is fun so far. And i was even introduced 2 a new anime. It's a pity that you stop writing about the "male-eating, cannibalistic amazonian women" island ryoga got stranded on. AND BEFORE HE CHANGEDE BACK TOO!A nyu~! please dont let this fic die, I'M STILL READING IT! :
animefreakculicious chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
oh my gosh i luv u ur the only one on fanfiction. net that has made a fanfic to the anime Nagasarete Airantou and not to mention one of my fave anime to go crossover with great, great keep it up. i can't wit till the next chapter _
CCTVee chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Wonderful first chapter. While his ability to get lost is exaggerated (as usually is but it's for the sake of humor so it's perfectly fine) I can see the logic he'd follow as to why men are absent, perfectly acceptable Neriman logic.

Does this occur before Nagasarete begins, or will he be meeting Kazuto at some point?

Hope to see an update to this soon.
Cylon One chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Nagasarete Airantou is a new thing to me, but I certainly like the sound of it from what I read here with Ryoga going through what he did in this starting chapter. Have to try and learn more about it. Can't wait to see what more Ryoga will go through on that island. Great start and I'm looking forward to the whole tale.