Reviews for Contagion
MaceEcam chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Good, good fic. Wow
charis-chan chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
So may hope for another chapter or a sequel? please this is graet... Charis wants more!
Unleashed Reasoning chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
o all i can say is fascinating! :)

so, if everything is pieced together, does that mean i can expect another chapter for this story, or should i be looking more at all your works as a whole?
Rei Hino Scout Of Fire chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
I have to admit that was probably the most original thing I've read in quite awhile.
3ApplesTall chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Hey great story! I love the premise. But I'll admit I was a little freaked out when Kim started to turn into a boy. I wasn't sure where you were going to go with that plot. I like how it turned out and I can't wait for more. Hint hint!

Cheers
King in Yellow chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Long, it might have been more comfortable to read it as a few chapters than in one sitting, and as Pesterfield pointed out in a review and you acknowledged at the start there are a number of typos. You also confuse sex and gender, but the two may be used incorrectly more than they are used correctly so I'm not sure if that stands as a valid complaint.

Those quibbles aside it is a well told tale, nice character development, and the sex-reversal elements are all handled in an interesting fashion. It would have been interesting to explore what sex change meant to gender perceptions, that would have been more of psychological or sociological novel.

KiY
Pesterfield chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
We just were lying in the middle of traffic P: were just

or if the universes were just maligned P: misaligned

re-read the article looking clues P: looking for

causing mutations in over 80 of the world P: 80%

nearly 99.5 of the population of the United States. P: 99.5%

only 80 of the world population P: 80%

part of the 20 that escaped P: 20%

incredibly award for you P: awkward

entire situlation hilarious P: situation

She probably cared about too, right?" P: is a word missing?

The other 18 of the planet that managed to quarantine P: 18%

she had between six and eight P: has

I'll see if there is any transfer P: are any

be stuck in once place for a few days P: one

henchwoman were pouring out of the facility P: henchwomen

from the henchwoman's energy guns. P: henchwomen

three more henchwoman P: henchwomen

ten henchwoman to one of him P: henchwomen

group of four henchwoman who were waiting P: henchwomen

in order to left her off the ground P: lift

being pushed back by the two woman P: women

The two henchwoman collapsed in a heap P: henchwomen

discovered a dozen henchwoman P: henchwomen

they ran in, the henchwoman began to charge P: henchwomen

Half of the henchwoman altered their charge P: henchwomen

as the rest of the henchwoman tried to cut her off P: henchwomen

The army of henchwoman behind P: henchwomen

As the henchwoman began to gain P: henchwomen

As the first of the henchwoman on the other side P: henchwomen

six fully armed henchwoman P: henchwomen

without the henchwoman noticing P: henchwomen

tying up the last of the henchwoman when Kim P: henchwomen

But you'd need a example to follow, P: an example

operation room though the observation window P: through

"Because we'reenemies," said Shego P: we're enemies

which leads to believe the treatment is working P: us to

one false step from good and open path could P: a or the good?

so cars were few and far in between P: remove in?

I'm going to go anywhere without you." P: not going

it's least I can do after you did so much P: the least
Allaine chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
*chuckles* Oh, do they now? Because I've been rereading Apoco, PoS, and DD lately, and now I think I'll just send an email rather than cram it into a review here.

Although I am up for beta'ing.

Sincerely, Allaine
beeftony chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Well, it's not *quite* the update to "Apocolocyntosis" I was hoping for, but this side-story is amazing nonetheless. It's actually a side-story to two of your universes... Weird. I actually figured out the connection back at the beginning of the chapter when Ken mentioned that the Shego he knew couldn't control when she left. Combined with Shego's comment in the prologue of "Apocolocyntosis" about a "world where everyone was the wrong damn gender," and it became pretty obvious who you were referring to. Yes, I obsess over those sorts of connections. It's how I am.

Anyway, what I thought of the story itself. Amazing work as usual, even if some of the pronouns are a little mixed up in places. I'll just chalk it up to the confusion that all the characters are feeling. It's all internally consistent otherwise, and again I marvel at your ability to show rather than tell, revealing just enough at a time to keep us wondering and building toward the big reveal at the end. It's a technique I would do well to emulate.

Somehow I do see Kim as being somewhat of a "dog," as Shego so adequately put it, if she were to grow up as a guy. She's very outgoing and always takes chances, and hitting on the opposite sex is one of those behaviors you find in impulsive guys. I love the whole Spiderman moment where he just swoops down and picks Shego up out of nowhere... that was classic.

Good to see Shego is growing more comfortable around Kim, finally realizing that they give each other purpose rather than getting in each other's way. I love the sail analogy. You mind if I use that? It's so perfect.

Once again great work and I wish you good luck on that update for "Apocolocyntosis" that's about eight months overdue. ;)