Reviews for Pieces of the Dead
DarkShell chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
There is an air of calm in this story that is... almost hypnotising. The beginning is about current events and the ending blends into eternity. The subjects of life and death and memory find a natural setting in such a ...calm... atmosphere. The lone standing figure of the Prime in the falling night is like a symbol of the memory, the wisdom that comes with it, and some steel-hard will and patience to face eternity, whatever it has to offer...

Wether it was your intention or not, this story left a big impression on me. I believe this is the true purpose of writing, as well as creating art in general - to influence the observer in a positive way, to make them see the world from a different viewpoint, and perhaps adopt something from the view as their own.

I look forward to seeing other pieces of art from you.
yamiishot chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Aww that was really so very sweet to read, well done.
WendyLeaf chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Great story! I really enjoyed reading it. Well done. (:
doodlechick12 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
This was a very good story. I loved that Optimus likes '80s music. I laughed out loud at that, actually. Very nice work.
Patcher chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
A really meaningful fic. I love the humor as well. Awesome work. :]
Splatter Fall chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
;-; oh god. my coherency. let me wave to it as it flutters away.

I ALMOST CRIED. LIKE. FOUR TIMES. I'm not a crier okay. AHHHH MY HEART ;-;

;s; oh sdfgh i cannot even get my brain to cooperate to properly review this fic. I loved it so much. I seriously pulled bipolar hairpin turns between snickering and wibbling like a ninny girl. ;S;

oh Bumblebee ;; and Jazz. I love the concept of them keeping parts like that. And when it got to the part with Optimus talking about Orion Pax I was. ;s; I think that was almost-cry number two right there.

;;

'"Sam," said Optimus Prime.

"What?"

"I will remember you."'

That was the sound of my soul rending.

"They'd catch up to Ironhide soon, and then he'd be in the rearview mirror, like the receding fire. Like Optimus, by the cliff, a giant figure, tall and alone.

They sped off into the night, away from the fire, away from the cliff back up the beach, where Optimus watched and waited for the others to come home."

THAT BROKE ME. I'M BROKEN. /ducttape

;-; omg. I- I cannot even. ;s; it's really rare that a fic leaves me just- just ffffff I MIGHT CRY YET. GOD DAMN.

;A; and Arcee's decision to look like Jeannie. I didn't expect it and. ;s; so sweet ahhhhh.

;-; I loved it. So much. I feel like I should leave you some long, thought-out review marking every bit I loved but. but. ;s; omg. I just loved it so much.
Juzu chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
This was very well written. I really liked it. It really pointed out some differences between humans and Cybertronians. It was different from the stories I usually read. It wasn't rushed and full of action and suspense, but it didn't need to be. It made me slow down and just picutre the interactions as I read and think about things. I think you get a great job with it.
Kiwee chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I-wow, okay, so, um. This is poignant in a way that I haven't expected from a Bay movie, and it means so much more because of that. I love the introspection and the little Sam-moments that gives it humour in addition to the weighty bits. The ending with Optimus makes my heart break a little, but in a nice an hopeful kinda way. Lovely story, and even lovelier message.
Raining Ink chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
This is a really nice fic. Great depth of emotion. Thanks!
fullmoonhowls chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Awesome one shot! I loved it!
Twelvemillion chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Oh, this was sweet, funny, and exciting, all rolled into one.

I loved the universal greeting meeting.
Von chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
This is wonderful. Clever, refreshing and fascinating.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
The ancient Greeks were always trying to obtain immortality. Not by living forever, but by doing something to be remembered forever. That was immortality for them. It seems to be the same for the Autobots.

A beautiful fanfic, something that made me think, "What will I be remembered for?"

A very humbling thought.

A thought provoking piece, I loved this.

Keep writing!
Marinelife37 chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
loved it. Great characterization for all the characters especially Optimus Prime.
icys chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I find myself lucky to go through the whole section and fianlly found this amazing touching fic. Optimus Prime's voice is quite hard to write and you're doing great job.