Reviews for Versailles
Dragonslayer92 chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
nice
lemon-lime-whispers chapter 5 . 2/21/2010
This is beautifully written! I can't imagine why you lost all half your readers in the last chapter! I hope you haven't discontinued the story because I'm very intrigued and excited for the next chapter!
lychee loving chapter 5 . 1/8/2010
Well, this doesn't look like it's been updated in a while. I have a knack for finding gemstones that seem abandoned, years after the last chapter had been posted. Woe. :(

In any case, I don't think I've ever read something as deeply engaging as this. Normally, I don't care all that much for AU's, and to be honest, the concept of one set in France had looked a little tacky, to me. I am so so glad that I was sorely mistaken. There is an amazing blend of action, suspense and romance in Versailles that I am just so awed over. The chilling world you've created with the familiar and beloved characters of Rurouni Kenshin has pretty much sucked me in, and it makes me so sad that this is most likely discontinued. The fact that you have both Enishi/Misao (a guilty pleasure) and Aoshi/Misao (a ship that I've been on since I was a child, literally) makes it all that much more amazing! I really, really love this. It's deliciously dark and twisted and the not-so-subtle mature undertones is just. I can't even. Words fail. D:

Great, great work. I hope that one day, you'll pick this up again! It'd be such a shame to let it go to waste. :)
misao91 chapter 5 . 4/5/2008
pretty good!

you really got me with this fic!

cant wait to then next update .
Lady Macbeth2 chapter 5 . 3/20/2008
Great chapter! Very long, too. But I guess we readers deserved it, since you are evil enough to spend weeks without updating.

Anymay, I loved it. Misao's interaction with Enishi keeps geting more and more interesting, though I would like to see her suffering a little bit more in his hands. Loved to see Soujirou and Sanosuke showing up to, but can't really say I'm very curious about what's going to happen to Megumi or Kaoru.

Anyway, hope you'll update soon, and congratulations!
bizcochia U-u chapter 5 . 3/14/2008
HI!

great chapter, I can't wait to read tehe next want, please update soon.
Kara chapter 5 . 3/12/2008
wow

gorgeous writing style awesome plot amazing work

please update soon
stela chapter 5 . 3/10/2008
I enjoy your fic a lot and wait you to continue. And about the reviewrs well after some chapterse usually the number decrease it's natural when the drama is in processing.

But keep going with the fic. Because i relly want to know what it's comming up
Alidaja chapter 5 . 3/10/2008
Nice story! I imagine it must be hard to balance all the different story lines (Misao, Sanosuke, Kaoru, Aoshi, ...) but with the French quotations in between, it's quite fascinating to read.

Although I must admit, it sometimes gets a bit confusing when you write about different people's thoughts and the reader can't really understand whose thoughts belong to who...

But apart from that, I definitively enjoy reading 'Versailles'. The plot is interesting and I wonder how all these relatinships are going to develop. So keep on writing! )

*cuddles* Alidaja
misaoshiru chapter 5 . 3/9/2008
First off, in sentences like this:

“He won’t be coming back here in three days.” The leader murmured softly, calmly, with a pleased expression playing about his face.

the proper speech template would actually be more along the lines of "'Blah blah blah,' whoever said."

So it would be more like... "He won't be coming back here in three days," the leader murmured[...]"

It's very much to your credit that the tone and plotting of this story kept me from noticing this sooner...that's usually a major grammar nitpick of mine.

Second, I'm pretty sure it's "merde," not "merdi." I even checked by googling "French swear words."

Third, it would be "Je suis désolé," not "je suis désole." Different pronunciation.

Finally, I think you should try cutting down on the French a little in general. I understand it, for the most part, since I've been studying French, but it might get a little distracting for the people who don't speak it.

Overall, though, I really liked this chapter. As cliché as it sounds, the plot thickens! (Yeah, I know. Cheesy. Feel free to shoot me out of a cannon or something.)
kagfan5 chapter 3 . 3/9/2008
perfume has a movie version too. i just love this story! keep up the good work
bizcochia U-u chapter 4 . 1/30/2008
hi! I love this chapter, it was really cool, soplease update soon, take care.:)
stela chapter 4 . 1/30/2008
The fic is wonderful and you had a unique style. Very promising. That's the great part of been a good reader. Keep going with this i will expect the next chapters.
Lucifer-the-great-undead chapter 4 . 1/29/2008
I thoroughly enjoyed the interactions between Enishi and Misao. I haven't read anything captivating from them since White Tiger. Anyway looks like it's war.
Jack chapter 4 . 1/29/2008
So this is what you do instead of playing Starcraft.

It's not bad... but you should still play Starcraft. I was playing earlier, as a matter of fact.

Or, you can keep writing, and I'll read (taking away time from SC .