Reviews for Dark Finale
pookenstein chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
This was really really good. Excellent pacing. Awesome handling of the fight scenes. Good interplay between the characters' introspection and concrete actions.

I adore Entreri, so I'm actually *glad* he won. But that's purely a fangirl thing. I honestly think that Entreri has some kind of destiny and that it's important for him to rise above what he was in order for him to be ready for this.

Once again, excellent piece.
Eladriewen chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
Beautiful. I love it.
Paladin of Pelor chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
VERY good story. I actually read it before reading any book that mentioned Drizzt, but I was able to follow what happened easily. Artemis is indeed likely to win a fight such as that, but ONLY because he was no honor to prevent hin from doing ANYTHING to win. For instance, you'ld never see Drizzt put poison on his scimatars. By the way, I'm a fan of them both, but lean toward Drizzt, it's not like I hate him.
Shira chapter 1 . 4/30/2002
Drizzt is my all-time favorite character! Why'd you kill him? He wasn't supposed to die! I'm crying over here! But it was very good. I loved your writing style. It was just like an extension of the actual story. But YOU KILLED DRIZZT! *sniffle* *tear* Why...? I know, I know, Catti-brie died too, but she isn't Drizzt! Drizzt shouldn't have died! But, still... Other than the fact that you killed Drizzt, it was an excellent story. I loved it. (But why did you kill Drizzt?)

-Shira *sniffle* *tear*
Gouki chapter 1 . 1/10/2002
I admittedly don't know much about the lore of the Dark Elf (only recently finished Homeland and Exile, EXCELLENT books, but y'all knew that already). Most of what I DO know is word of mouth, from my younger brother, and the other gamers in my RPG group. I know that Artemis is basically the Darth Maul of the Forgotten Realms, and that he and Drizzt are pretty much evenly matched.

What makes this fanfic great is that I didn't need to know any of that to enjoy it. You explain enough about the characters, their history, hatred, and pain, that I knew them well enough. My brother will probably read this story and scoff that Drizzt would never die, but I let you know that *I* enjoyed it. I hope your Drizzt finds peace with Cattie-Brie in the afterlife, and that Artemis is truly on the path to redemption, after reading this.

Keep up the good work!
Darkwolf062177 chapter 1 . 11/28/2001
Foul foul I call foul come now reality check here idea of Drizzt and Artemis looking into a mirror and seeing in each other what could have been I understand...but and this is a big but neither one would regret the finality of their actions Artemis's character has already been written out as completely remorseless and Drizzt at that point would not have fought down his alter ego the "Hunter" he would indeed have welcomed it as he did and when looking and seeing what it had led him to do he would have fought like he normally does.I like the way you had Artemis come to grips with the fact that he doesn't want to kill like that anymore but at the cost of Drizzt's life thats Opinion is the story was very well written quite commendable in fact but Drizzt would never lay down his guard and allow himself to be killed he takes his responsiblilities to his other friends to seriously than to allow that.I would like to see other stories written by you anf if you do then please e-mail me and let me a truly enjoyable story very well Im wrong and the moment would be to much for Drizzt's psycie to handle write me and we can debate it or maybe write a story together combine our efforts to write a truely magnificent story.
Light chapter 1 . 10/31/2001
oh my god... i'm so close to crying... this was SO good ::gets a tissue:: oh man... ::sniffles::
Kcdinc1 chapter 1 . 9/9/2001
WOAH! didnt see that one coming... GOOD WRITING!

poor drizzt...
Darkelf chapter 1 . 9/8/2001
0_0 DRIZZT! NOOOOOOOO! Great story, but I really don't think Drizzt would have lost...
Josef Palestir chapter 1 . 8/31/2001
That was really good. Drizzt is one of my favorite D&D characters to read about and this was an awesome fic. Ironic how Drizzt's death did more damage to Artemis than to Drizzt.