Reviews for The Unfamiliar
SuperSaraMoon chapter 46 . 1/10
This fic was amazingyou did a fantastic job! I’m sorry I didn’t review each chapter, it was just because I wanted to flip the page and keep reading!I started reading it about a year ago and got to chapter 22ish before life got in the way; I restarted it last week and just finished it. It was great! You have a real talent! I know you wrote this years ago, but I write this in the hope that you still get some satisfaction and pride from these reviews. Some excerpts that cling to my memory are when Seph broke in the first time (chilling), breaking bones for mother, when Axel was rushing to the lab after the alarms sounded (the desperation in his thoughts as he ran...), and of course chapter 39 when Jenova took over, holy fuck I was seriously gapping when Roxas ‘incapacitated’ Axel. I loved the obsessive aspect of his love for Roxas, and felt you were pretty spot on with the love confession for a situation like that. You did a beautiful job creating a (two) world and bringing these characters to life. Their inner dialogue and thoughts were well executed and methodical. I never once thought the character progression was too quick (which is very common in ficsI really don’t have much to complain about (except for wanting more smut, selfishly), I enjoyed it from start to finish. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creative mind with the world! It was truly a pleasure!
SuperSaraMoon chapter 39 . 1/9
Hhoolllyyy fuck, that was fucking crazyI literally had my hand covering my mouth, that was so fucking intense
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2017
...Dude. Today is the 10th anniversary of this thing. I first read it a few years ago and honestly it’s still one of my all time favorite fanfics. I still reread it every once in a while. Thanks for writing it!
Guest chapter 46 . 10/18/2017
This is a trend with is becoming annoying. How come in a axel/roxas fic basiclly all the human character big or small have storylines in them but sora and riku are always have either small cameos or not mention at all. But when it comes to Soriku stories axel/roxas have big storylines in them. / / / /
Mlanie762 chapter 46 . 1/19/2017
Wow! I was so absorbed by it all! I really love how this story turned out! I have to admit, after "Sephiroth" kidnapped Roxas, I was afraid to continue reading... But I'm glad of how it ends. Wouldn't have done it differently. Well done! Keep up the good work! And by the way, this story is now on my favorites! Thanks for sharing!
JadeDixon chapter 1 . 9/10/2016
I read this fic a long time ago and loved how you created an AU world with such strong ties to canon materials. The relationships between the characters were vivid, and some of the scenes have never left me (Jenova!Roxas; breaking bones for mother).

I wanted to make a point of sending you a thank-you for writing this fic, and to tell you how it affects me even to this day: I just started playing KH2 for the first time since I finished it back in 2007/2008? Somewhere around there... Playing through Roxas' week, I reached day 5 and the 7 wonders. I was immediately gripped with flashbacks to Roxas' deprogramming from Twilight Town in this fic. It really added to the Roxas whump feels! Thank-you, thank-you for this experience! :D
wittlewons chapter 46 . 6/20/2016
I'm reading this a billion years after its been written but WOW what a joy to read. The twilight town goodbye tore my heart up. It was funny - scary - shocking - sad and just so amazing. Then ending? Just wow. You had my heart on puppet strings and you manipulated it like a master. Awesome awesome work. I know this is like a review to a super old story but j hope you see my review!
Katsumi-Dix15 chapter 46 . 6/19/2016
I love this story for the way if rips out my heartstrings, put them on a violin, just to play a sad love song and it made my soul cry. The vast detail and the way you intertwined the worlds to make this along with the trauma it put me through was incredible! It was a crazy whirlwind roller coaster that ended in a love tunnel!
EroticMagazine chapter 40 . 5/3/2016
I have to say, I created an account solely to review this story. Chapter 40 made me lose my shit. I've been analyzing your foreshadowing and not once did I put two and two together that Axel's leg was the bone that had to break. I had to reread the beginning of this chapter before it completely clicked that 'Mother' was Jenova and not Roxas' real mom. I literally epiphanied all over my screen. The way you say true to the individual characters has been extremely immersive and wonderful to read. I have to say Roxas' self-loathing was wearing me thing for a while, though also understandable. Glad you threw such a huge turn of events into the story. I look forward to finishing this tonight and moving onto your other works. :D
YAJJ chapter 14 . 4/17/2015
This chapter hurt.
The latter part, at least. When Roxas whimpers for his mother, immediately tears filled my eyes. It just went downhill from there. I had to stop reading several times afterward just to regain my composure.
When he said "oh my god, you're the only person in the entire universe who loves me", I just fucking lost it. I had to stop like twice, 'cause I had to stop the first time, regained my composure, my eyes zipped right to the line, and my heart broke all over again.
My face is wet and salty. Rude.

YAJJ
OtakuScum chapter 46 . 3/13/2015
Genius story. Flawless
Sora Tayuya chapter 46 . 3/1/2015
I hadn't considered some of the kids may have physical problems upon entering the program, but I suppose that just means they should be least inclined to leave, even if they didn't realize it. I'm glad Kadaj is happy, I am, even if giving him the dog tags is odd considering his circumstances. Seems dangerous. And yeah, it is a shame Roxas' friends will probly never leave the system, but I'm glad he got to visit the real TT. A good ending.
Sora Tayuya chapter 45 . 3/1/2015
I'm glad no one up and shot Kadaj before he could enter the system. I was worried about that. I like this ending.
Sora Tayuya chapter 44 . 3/1/2015
Figures it was Kadaj. He was most similar in appearence to Sephiroth. I had suspected it from the beginning, and should have mentioned it.
Sora Tayuya chapter 43 . 3/1/2015