Reviews for The Unfamiliar
The mental patient chapter 46 . 10/2/2012
TT_TT

It was beautiful. *sob*
Hymno chapter 46 . 9/23/2012
Okay, so it's been a really long while since I last reviewed something, so this one might be a little awkward. Yeah.

Anyways, let me just tell you that this was AHMAZINGG. I've been reading this for - what now? Three-four days? Yeah, something like that. And I am HOOKED on your writing. It's got this certain flow and flare, and the dialogues, and and annnd... just, wow. I began reading this anticipating a good fic, yes, but nothing really overwhelming, yanno? But then, WHAM, you and this story just hit me square in the face and blew my mind to China.
And gosh, the fact that the characters actually are in-character and have this "living feeling" (I don't know how to describe it really), with multiple sides to their personalities as one example, just made me love this so much more.
[there'll be spoilers in my review from this point on, so yea]
I had goosebumps when Roxas finally remembered everything, and maaan, these last chapters were intense!
To be honest Vaan never really made a very great impact on me until the moment he betrayed them, and even then I didn't really care very much about him. I just thought, hey, screw that traitor. Somehow, during the time when Roxas/Jenova was aboard the Strahl, that changed a little bit though, and I felt kind of disappointed that he'd been the traitor. But theeen. Then came the hospital scene where he and Leon talks about everything, and this part:
"Vaan's gaze narrowed, not lowering from the roof. "It was my choice, right?" He closed his eyes. "Would you mind sending Aerith back in, when you go? It's… nice. She still cares." Leon nodded slightly, turned after a long moment, went to the door. "I'm… too tired," Vaan whispered suddenly, a shake in his words. "Get Aerith… to bring me some coffee."
And BAM. There died a piece of me. Because that feeling of resignation, of hopelessness, of being so terrified, was just overwhelming. So I put my phone away calmly, rose from the sofa and went and cried a little bit before I was able to continue reading. A small part of me wished that the doctors'd find a way to save him, but of course, that'd be impossible. So sad :'(
I also had to look away and count to ten before I could resume reading multiple times in order to calm myself down - especially when Roxas got hurt again and again and again, I was so worried about him! In some parts of the story it felt almost impossible for him to survive at the end. And holey moley, when Jenova started chopping at Axel's leg-! My eyes were as big as saucers, I swear.
Even if Kadaj did such horrible things (VAAANNN! :''''( ) I somehow find it nice that instead of choosing the usual "hero kills the antagonist bla bla the end"-route you let him be happy within the Twilight Town. It was a nice touch, and after everything he'd been through, I think he somehow deserved it in the end. I guess. (It's so hard to decide whether or not I actually think that, as well as if I think Jenova was annoying or wise. You're amazing for being able to not paint everything black and white but gray!)

I guess I'll wrap this review up - even though I could go on and on and on with singing my praise to you and this masterpiece - before it becomes itoo/i long. Heh.
Oh, right, and I just remembered that the last time this story was updated was back in '08, so I don't even know if you're going to see/read this review. Whatever, even if you won't, I feel that I want to at least make my opinion... posted? Lol. xD weaaak.
Anyways, I will definitely remember this story, as well as you as an amazing writer! You've got a shitton of talent, dude! You're definitely one of my favourite authors, ever. :)

Loove, Hymno

PS. The song "Comatose" by Skillet fits this story PERFECTLY! It's as if it was written for this! Seriously! :D
TailsTheFox1996 chapter 4 . 8/5/2012
Hmm...I still can't tell if this is AU or not. It almost seems like a realistic scenario to the series, with the exception of Kairi being Axel's sister. Really liking it so far though
willow chapter 46 . 7/24/2012
wahhh I've re-read this so many times and it's still the best Kingdom Hearts fanfiction I've ever read, thank you so much for creating this beautiful thing you rock 3
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I am a big fan of all your work. You truly have a gift for writing. This was one of the first akuroku I ever read, and I have yet to find another that even comes close to measuring up! I have wanted to review for a long time, but heard from my girlfriend that you are on a sort of hiatus- because of some terrible things that have happened to you and your family... I don't know if you'll even bother to read this, but if you do, I would just like to express my concern for you, and I hope that you know you're in my prayers! Life will be difficult, but I hope that you will come to feel that trials and just plain shitty circumstances should not pull you away from your talents and what you love to do; rather they should bring you closer. I am eagerly anticipating the reading of your other stories and I hope to read more from you in the future. Thank you so much for sharing your talent!
Guest chapter 10 . 7/19/2012
Right in this moment? I'm having Matrix flashbacks hehe. Love it so far.
Taylor chapter 10 . 6/25/2012
I love the story so far, but everything is so fucking confusing! Why was Sora there, this fucking computer system, does this in any way follow the plot of KH2? NYAA/
Serendipital chapter 46 . 6/17/2012
This was a great AU, and it really kept the spirit of the original series. It wasn't a high school AU where the characters barely resemble their counterparts, though it did involve a high school. The extra element added, most notably the lack of Nobodies, really made this fic possible. So, great job! I admit I skimmed the sex bits, but you didn't trade a good fic for smut, so thank you.
Celia the Pikachu chapter 46 . 5/31/2012
This is seriously one of the best stories I've ever read. It is my abolute favorite romance story and I think that it beats every single other romance story including those in actual print. I like it so much that i want to make my own hard copy with your permission, of course. The characters were so much in character with their actual selves I could really envision them throughout the entire story. and you did an amazing job describing Twilight Town and Hollow Bastion. Before I read this I had only played KH 358\2 Days so some of Twilight Town and all of Hollow Bastion were unfamliliar to me. When I actually played KH 2 every thing looked exactly as I imagined it. I also find it amazing how you were able to take things from the actual game and weave it into your own beautiful gem of a story. This story is actually what got me into Akuroku and yaoi in general and for that I am immensely grateful. This story has had a great impact on my life and I'm sure it will continue to do so for years to come. It has definitely changed some of perceptions of the world. Thank you so much for writing such a great story. I'm sure that there is more that I'm missing, but for now that's all. Thank you for taking the time to read my long comment.

Sincerely Celia the Pikachu
3waypetal chapter 46 . 5/30/2012
That was...such an amazing story. I'm completely breathless in this moment. I feel like the light is shining down from heaven or something. This story has made me absolutely fall in love with kingdom hearts, especially Leon and Cloud. I was already sold on Axel/Roxas, but all the other pairings in your story, heck all your other characters were just so real and engaging, and just so spectacularly written that it leaves my mind whirring. Your descriptions are incredibly detailed and emotional, your plot was completely creative and so totally unique that I never once lost interest in this story. You are an amazing author. I hope you are very proud of this story because it is honestly the best Kingdom Hearts fanfiction I have ever read. From the bottom of my heart, I loved every single word of this practically short novel.

I also read your authors note about your mother and consequential hiatus from writing fanfiction. I am so sorry about her condition. I know that advice given from a complete stranger is not normally warmly received in such a personal situation like yours, but I wanted to say that I know how you feel. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer six years ago and thanks be to God, she is still here today, cancer-free. No matter how bleak things may seem at times, please don't give up. I for one can say that the world would lose an amazing talent if you decided to stop writing. I hope you are doing well and I hope your mother gets better soon. Thanks so much again for this beyond-words lovely story and all the hard work you put into it.
The inept Parade chapter 46 . 2/29/2012
Wow... I don't think i've ever read a story i've liked as much as this one. This story is amazing! I officially love you :D Your caracterizations are amazing and your sense of humor id fantastic and the way you describe things makes them seem so real! I only wish i could write like you... That would be amazing if i could. but yea really... your fucking awesome you can expect me to be reading your other stories and such because man I LOVE YOU! (In the hopefully non-creepy way...) SO yea! Keep being awesome and shit and have a great life! Until the next reveiw~!

*THE INEPT PARADE approves this message
Kioko Yasu chapter 46 . 2/11/2012
You have no idea how much this fic has consumed my life since I started reading it. My god. I thought I'd be crying my eyes out when I finally reached the end, but I'm feeling satisfied and forfilled, which I guess is a good thing. But- just- this fic and your writing and- there are no words for how much I have loved this journey you've taken me on. I would love to turn around and reread it again right away if I hadn't already let my schoolwork suffer in favor of this fic. But- yeah. You now have claim to a portion of my soul. Just thought you should know.
That Panda You Know chapter 46 . 2/11/2012
Ahh... I really love this story. So well written. A thing i really love is that the ending is not picture perfect. Axel doesn't suddenly regain his legs full ability. They are still affected by past decisions. It makes it more realistic. It was so beautiful.
2,946 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »