Reviews for Antecedents
Odonata Epiprocta chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
wow... you create a kind of comfortable melancholy. I read this several times over, just to feel it (does that make sense?).

The line: "I hope that I will be like General Hammond, and learn to love these people so fiercely that it becomes my strength" made so much sense and in so few words described him perfectly.

Amazing peice of writing, thanks for sharing :-)
jz9 chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Very nice.
Manda's Girl aka Charlie chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Oh wow...beautiful, beautiful piece. Very eloquent, with gorgeous imagery. I can really imagine Sam thinking this.
HS33 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Great job! Very nice.
Gato chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Excellent! I thought it was an insightful way that Sam would view the challenges of leadership.
Chopin Gal chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Lady, you are a darn good writer ... and philosopher. Sam's musings are profound and very moving. Thank you for this excellent fic.
Dreamweaver67 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Wow! Just - wow.

Okay, it brought tears to my eyes. Very profound, and very true of many of us, too. I find myself incredibly touched.

Again - wow.
7 League Boots chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Awesome. Solid Sam monologue, her voice captured. Loved the imagery of her comparison to working underground to now overseeing a seemingly unprotected population and "place that proclaims its presence so very proudly" - vivid and thoughtful.

And as for those she holds as mentors - I love who she knew in her heart as her consummate role model. I agree, Sam. A beautiful rendering of Col. Samantha Carter's musing on the assignment of a lifetime, deftly shows her maturity. Nice work, great read.
binkii822 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
So well written. You captured what I imagined Sam's perspective to be beautifully! Again with the write LONGER stories!
mia66 chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Exelent, wonderful written emotion and all.
macisgate chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Really nice!
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Very good.
frany66 chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
wow. I really love it. wonderful feeling.