Reviews for Dolls
Son of wykkyd chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
Fun fact: killer moth is actually a batman villain. He was originally human but I think it was a classic sell your soul to the devil type thing.
MontyBoosh chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Wow, I never really thought about it like that... Now you mention it, it's a bit wierd for killer moth to have a human daughter anyway.
Magus1108 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
This was a great story. I have always wondered how Killer Moth came to raise Kitten, and this seems like a rather interesting explanation. To say the least.
king of shao chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Wow, that was absolutely brilliant. It all flowed perfectly, the language was spot on, the characters were sympathetic but not overly so, all in all a very tragic story, with a very bitter-sweet ending.

Bravo sir! I bow to a skill far, defter than my own :P chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
though I did not loved it, I liked it well enough. And the cath frase just keep ringing in my head : "In this neighborhood, they all had the same name for their first pimp. They called him ‘daddy.’" Dunno, why but its soo awesome

Killer Moth chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Where do I begin?

All due respect to the previous reviewer, I believe you painted a wonderful dichotomy of Drury Walker's turmoil of the criminal vs. the man within. Of course, the Titan version is different outright because there is more of an "fallen grace" argument about him. In addition, this version even has the suburban superhero archetype, for there is always the double life concept, so bonus points all around.

Of course, that theme isn't as spelled out with the other minor animated villains. Other than the Big Bads: Slade, Blood, Rouge, etc, there isn't the obvious shade of depth. And you can blame the series - along with DC for underwriting Drury - for that, as I do. Any other confusion, well, it depends on the fan and their knowledge/awareness of such characters. Thankfully, that isn't a problem with the story, here.

Enough of my side commentary, so let's get on with it.

I particularly enjoyed your narration, parlaying a nice cynicism interwoven with repulsion. All combined with cautious optimism underneath. It's extremely rare for narration to convey all that, so you definitely earned a good gold star for that. Great descriptions within and without, although, I had noticed you didn't describe Walker in a more physical way beyond simple apparel. It's not an issue, but since the story has a generalized/clear mental picture tone, I think it's a tad warranted here.

Overall, it's a well done commentary of the hierarchy of evil, split decisions, and how no good deed goes unpunished. Which is the real moral of the story, of course. I can only hope for similar stories in the future.

Thanks for the dedication, by the way. And, while I'm at it, have a merry Thanksgiving. Heh.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
I had to read this a second time when I realized it wasn’t bad. Well-written doesn’t really cover it… Concise and aesthetically pleasing; what more can you ask for?

I must say that I don’t exactly understand how it was the best day of his life: Because he’d proved that he wasn’t a man when he refused her (Man being something of negative connotations where he comes from), because he had a taste of heroism, acting the part of a – belated – savior, or because he became a daddy that day?

The day of his biggest mistake is easier: Because he adopts Kitten who will later – miraculously – grow into a spoiled brat who exiles him into his own basement with her constant demands and intolerable attitude – I assume. But I don’t really like it; I still find creative juices far more interesting than openings for interpretation.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Thank you thank you, and THANK YOU for giving Kitten and Killer Moth a deeper past.. It makes the episodes with them in it seem less than a waste.. I feel like I've gained twenty minutes or so of my life back that I had lost watching that episode...

Very creative, dark.. Good work!