Reviews for Not the Only Redhead
BillBrink chapter 56 . 7/25
I enjoyed this story. I have never written fiction and can only imagine all the effort required to put together such a long work. I noticed that it took you over 4 years. That is dedication.

It grabbed my interest right away. I especially liked your pairing switch from Ginny to Susan and the reasoning for it. I also liked your explanation of the Famels and their contributions in giving Harry the abilities he needed.

Where you lost my interest, for awhile, was in the switching of identities and bodies. Not being a fan of the other work you brought into the story was confusing and it was suddenly as if I was reading another story, one that I had little interest in. Another problem I had was in the complete change of personalities of Bill and Charlie. This is the first time I've seen them as bad guys and it didn't fit with how I've always identified them; kind'a like those stories of evil Harry. I don't want to read about the bad guy coming out on top. Most the other members of their family could understand that it was positioned G's fault for the breakup and that her letter to the editor was bogus, so why would they continue to have such hatred for Harry even after they tried to murder him?

Well, just some random thoughts. Thank you once again for putting so much work into this for our enjoyment.
OriksGaming chapter 47 . 7/3
Well kinda creepy. Hope they get separated soon.
OriksGaming chapter 41 . 7/3
I'm not exactly happy with the idea of Ginny learning all of the same skills as Harry. He doesn't need someone to balance him out. This far into the story, I'm fine with OP Harry. Also, I'm apprehensive about what she'll do with those skills, as I never liked her character in canon or this story. Especially since Trelawney was the one teaching her. Maybe it was all a ruse, but I hated the old bat in canon. One of my least favorite characters, due to the fact that she barely had any divination skill, and was at most, a fraud with delusions of grandeur. Well, I'll see how the Ginny thing plays out...
OriksGaming chapter 30 . 7/2
Ah, I assumed it would have been Dumbledore(I assume he was the one who took the 20,000 galleons to convert into pounds for paying the Dursleys). I haven't seen a story where Snape was the one embezzling. Good idea!
OriksGaming chapter 27 . 7/2
About the AN, I completely agree that people can represent traits from more than one house. It would be pretty stupid if they couldn't. Like if Hufflepuffs couldn't be smart and Ravenclaws couldn't be loyal, while Gryffindors couldn't be cunning and Slytherins couldn't be brave. Although usually the house seems to be decided by the most dominant trait of course. While Snape was supposedly on "the Side of the Light," he was rude to everyone else on it, was only on it grudgingly, and made everyone's life hell in school(other than Slytherins). Dumbledore was way too manipulative. Finally, Molly Weasley was wayyyyy too controlling, and while she was intensely loyal to her family(Maybe she should have been a Hufflepuff), she didn't do anything other than complain about things and restrict Harry and her own kids from getting information related to their survival. Also, just a side thing, I don't know how she ever ended up in Gryffindor. I never really saw any times where she was especially brave(Except maybe vs Bellatrix in book 7, and that might just have been a case of her being stupid due to her rage, after she was goaded into a fight, and getting lucky with a stunner. And besides, I rarely look to DH as canon anyways). I can see all 3 of them, Snape, Dumbledore, and Molly Weasley acting much worse than they ever got a chance to in the books, easily(and with Dumbledore, I can believe that in canon, he might actually have been stealing money from Harry(for the greater good...) and no one found out), so I'm loving your portrayal of all of them and I hope they all get what's coming to them. Also, I'd be fine with some more Ginny bashing because she's always seemed like the petty/jealous type(Ex. DH, calling Fleur phlegm just because she was jealous of her looks).
OriksGaming chapter 22 . 7/2
The scabbers thing was the year before last. It was in 3rd year and I'm pretty sure it's 5th year at this point
OriksGaming chapter 11 . 7/2
As you said in the AN at the start, the books did have Ron steadily growing up. Just the fact that Deathly Hallows existed ruins my opinion of Ron, so I'd rather it had never been written. If you forget about DH, I can definitely see Ron and Hermione as a couple after they graduate, but not while still in school. He needs the time to mature, because Hermione usually is knowledgable and mature beyond her age, which means Ron needs to catch up somewhat before they have a relationship.
OriksGaming chapter 9 . 7/2
Ah, yay. Harry and Ginny are finally broken up. Second worst pairing in canon, only behind Ron and Hermione(Some people say second worst is Bill and Fleur, because of the age difference, but supposedly Veela mature more quickly anyways, so the age doesn't matter very much imo).
StoryReigns96 chapter 15 . 6/25
What the shit? Harry meets someone who knew he was being abused and after five seconds is totally fine them. Please make your characters act like they have emotions.
Worldmaker chapter 2 . 6/19
Like I was saying, I'm simply a better writer than you are.

Here's the list of problems with this story.

1. Your plot is so full of holes it wouldn't hold water.
2. Your characterizations are unrealistic and childish. Specifically, you turn Harry into a whiney child and everyone around him into a flat reflection of themselves. Not one of them is acting in a believable or reasonable manner.
3. The climax of your story (and several tension points beforehand) rely on deus ex machina. Which I'm betting you still haven't looked up, because idiotic children like yourself never do.
4. You have the spelling and grammar skills of a third grader.
Worldmaker chapter 7 . 6/18
Look up "deus ex machina" and then figure out how it applies to this story.
delia cerrano chapter 56 . 6/15
So good. Not used to such a Harry that holds grudges and is rude to adults whether they earned it or not. Susan was more hoydenish and yelled a lot at adults and fellow students than I was comfortable with for a girl friend of Harry. In fact your characters are way different than I've come to expect. Not bad kiddo! Always interesting to read how someone else sees them.
darrelldeam chapter 8 . 6/5
I enjoy this story, I like it when someone takes a different direction. BTW: a plait is a braid.
bpvreader chapter 56 . 5/30
Loved your story, thanks so much for sharing!
jon08 chapter 29 . 5/28
Sneaky greasy b****rd, but even thougnit would do Sirius in, Snape would still be introuble for knowingly withholding information about an escaped felon. Besides if Sirius stays in #12 Grimmauld, he's safe, fideliused.
2,188 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »