Reviews for A Simple Mission in Triplicate
MoonlightTyger chapter 9 . 1/24
(I WILL eventually getting around to reviewing all of your stories that I've favorited, I promise . . . )

So, delving back into the FFVII fandom after having taken a bit of a break from it (Marvel movies have a way of doing that to people, lol) I've of course had to go back and read through all of your awesome stories, since they're some of the only ones out there that portray my favorite characters in a wholesome and distinctly non-yaoi way (nothing against those who like yaoi, but I hate it, and Sephiroth has never come off as swinging that way to me, even less so after Crisis Core came out!). Anyway, the last few stories I've read in this timeline have left me pleased-but-puzzled, and I only now have figured out why.

So, maybe this is in a story that hasn't been written yet, but here's the reason for the puzzlement: I get why Cloud cares about what Sephiroth thinks - once a hero, they're always your hero; pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth was a huge influence on Cloud, probably even more than the game touches on given Cloud's lack of a father, and that longing and admiration for such an inspiration never really goes away - but I guess I don't get why the reverse is true? Why does Sephiroth care so much about what Cloud thinks? Obviously Insane!Sephiroth's obsession with Cloud lies in the blow to his pride: no one else, not even Zack, has been able to defeat him. But Sane!Sephiroth is another creature entirely (Crisis Core could not MAKE that more clear, lol). So, I guess I feel it's not clear what is drawing Sane!Sephiroth to Cloud, to this point of really wanting him to be his friend and being genuinely disappointed when Cloud doesn't seem to reciprocate it? Sephiroth doesn't care what Barret thinks, he doesn't care what Cid or even Tifa think (I'd mention Vincent, but personally I think Vincent would watch over Sephiroth in Lucrecia's place, since he considers our favorite silver general one of his sins, so . . . buuuut that's another review for another day XD). Why Cloud and - for the most part - only Cloud?

In any case, puzzlement on my part or not, this chapter was beautiful and heart-wrenching at the beginning, seat-gripping at the end. The part where Cloud and Sephiroth are 'talking', and then when Zack cradles him were particularly sweet even as they made me want to cry, and I liked how Zack respectfully rests him against the wall; soooooo bittersweet! (Also props to Maryn for tackling Dalton - you go, girl! Give that jerkface what he deserves! And lovely touch with Seph helping Angeal up from beyond the grave.) There really are not enough good things I can say about this chapter . . . your stories are always very well done, but this chapter is easily one of my favorite pieces. There is just so much raw emotion going around in this one, and it's all done very tastefully, in a way that seems believable for the characters said emotions are coming from.

I gonna go ahead and cut myself off now so I don't keep you for another hour, but again, amazing job! (and sorry again about being a chronic favorite-and-run - I'll eventually get around to reviewing everything!). TTFN - MoonlightTyger
Caitlynn Sidhe chapter 4 . 6/16/2013
fragmented triangle, broken circle?
Nietzsche's Itch chapter 11 . 10/21/2010
I haven't read the prequel but I still got this, and loved it the whole way through You make great OC's :P
chibi heishi chapter 11 . 2/7/2010
Awesome. Though for some reason the idea of Kadaj and brothers living with CID, of all people, strikes me as utterly hilarious. I can just see Kadaj shouting over something that's upset him, and Cid spitting out a cigar and screaming right back.
Dragi chapter 11 . 9/13/2009
:O after reading some of ur old stories that is hanging together with the "The Diamond Rose Glass" sure made me understand the time line and alot more of the people in the story _ i really liked this story part. specal the part where cloud was controlled and oh so i wished he would been kidnapped and got a bit disepointed when it was Maryn that got kidnapped when i wanted it to be cloud lol. oh well i liked how it turned out :) but curious of one thing is Seph's wings gone? or am i just totaly confused or have miss readed cause of lack of sleep lol. hope to read more of the Triplicate stories really love it :)
thegriffin88 chapter 10 . 8/2/2008
I know this will sound weird but...I really had to ask. This line:

The other time he had been stranded in this form for a while, he had really been too ill to take note.

Is it a reference to any of your other stories because I would love to know so I can read them. I have a thing for illness you see. ;

I'll go now. Sorry to bother you.
Mecha Scorpion chapter 6 . 2/10/2008
Hey I don't really know this fandom that well but I know a girl named Trista Mueller in real life. Is she an OC in this story, somebody you know too? Or is it just like a coincidence?
Aachi chapter 11 . 12/1/2007
i loved this story! i've been thinking to myself as i been getting email notifications when you updated so often that you should change your name to BusyBee instead of LuckyLadybug XD ... i love to read you FFVII fics.. and even sometimes the kingdom hearts stories... though i don't play it.. the disney just throws everything off and makes me want to cry seeing people like seph and cloud on the same screen as goofy and other cartoony child-oriented characters ... ;_; but thats just me... this story almost made me cry when seph died T_T... but i got to ask one thing that i don't understand... how did rakesh get control of cloud? is he a controlling poltergeist? and if so how is it that dalton can call him on the phone to tell him to kill zack? ;;_ also... please post the finished twilight and dawn! since this story really relies on that.. i've read all the chapters for that story you have posted here... but obviously i'm missing out on a large chunk of info T_T and i'm very interested in the other story you talked about.. i believe it was midnight... and something.. you mentioned it in a chapter. but its nowhere here either T_T but anyway.. please keep writing! i love your work.. and may i suggest that you should take up writing fiction novels! i believe you'd be great at it _ though creating one's own original world and characters can prove to be quite challenging.. i know from experience with my animation classes _; tricky stuff that.. but yes! keep up the great work! ... but i would like to know about the rakesh thing ;;_ i'd really like to know if he's still dead or what...

kudos!

Aachi
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 11 . 11/26/2007
Resurrection Sephy, never can stay dead! Not that I'm complaining. _~ It's nice that they can enjoy some happy times together after all that and it's interesting seeing them going various shades of nuts about Western Earth customs. I did find the foreshadowing a touch heavyhanded here but then most sequel openings are fairly blatant. Fun reading, it was!
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 11 . 11/25/2007
LOVED the reference to Marlene and Angeal's conversation. X3 So cute. So was Zack with the lights! And how he ropes the others into helping. 3

Hee, I love how we have a good excuse to do Christmas things with these guys now! XD This was such a fun story, I really loved it.
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 10 . 11/25/2007
GAH ZACK ;_; Poor thing. That was just so sad that the memory of his conversation with Seph in the Fragmented Triangle building made him break down.

And Cloud's MOM! XD Aww. ...Dang, now I really want to write something general about her. XD;

I like how Cloud was embarrassed about the things he said and having to actually talk to Sephiroth about that. XD No matter what, Cloud's still going to put up that stubborn loner front. Aww, and Zack was so cute at the end~!
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 9 . 11/25/2007
I should unpack...But Triplicate comes first! XD

GAH. Dalton HORRIBLE. ;_; This chapter was so sad, and then of course the escape out of the temple was way intense!

Cloud and Seph...NGAH! Next chapter! ;_;
Viva-taquitos chapter 11 . 11/24/2007
Oh yay. This was very enjoyable, indeed. Bravo!

You should totally write some Christmas fics. Even if you just take the gang and put them there and see what happens It might be cool!
Kazaam chapter 11 . 11/24/2007
It's so amusing that Zack keeps inviting Pala for dinner. XD

Yay Christmas lights! Oh man, the image of Zack sitting there with all the lights draped around him is priceless! LOL. I hope Aerith has a camera. XD

**snicker** I love Angeal's comment about Cloud screaming. XD

Ooh, and Rakesh and Dalton have disappeared again! This might not be the last of the simple missions!

I love the comment about Zack making people think that Seph's a cheerful person. And Zack mentioning Scrooge! XD And it's so great to see Cloud, Angeal, and even Seph helping with the lights.

This was definitely a great story! Congratulations on finishing it!
Birdee chapter 11 . 11/24/2007
**grins** Good ending, Cloud's the best. I hope Zack doesn't get himself electrocuted o-O
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »