Reviews for Shepherd's Sky
Mad Server chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Wow. This is so achy, like endometriosis cramps. I love the disorientation, and the classic Dragons body language, and the sense of loss. It hurts so good.
TheKritty chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
heart hurts.

This. This was awesome!So beautiful,heartwrenching,heartwarming and heartbreaking!The link to this was sent to me by somebody, so I didn't know what it was about. And I read it and just knew it was pretty angsty and might be sad. I didn't think of a..death fic...or what ever it was (in my interpretation,it was).

So I was reading it and I was confused,because Sam mentioned he had missed Dean's smile for a long time - I thought, okay, season season when you wrote it,there was no season 4 I when Sam was telling Dean about his job, I got suspicious and my heart began to hurt...it really was horrible and amazing to read the conversation with Dean dead in next thing I thought was a death echo, that somehow Sam went to the place where Dean died and see the death over and over again and I was waiting for the the Dean-Death scene. And THEN I was thinking about the pirates of the carrabean,because there is this ship that can leave the ocean for one day after an since Sam mentioned 'a decade' before and they were on a beach, I thought that Dean was the captain of the ship, Flying Dutchman or what it's called. Hilarious,isn't it? *sighs*

And Then I had tears in my eyes when it all end slowly, Dean getting up and Sam's feeling and then it ends and I was like "N!Yes!Simply a dream!Cruel!Amazing!"

Sorry, rambling.

But what I wanted to say: this was an awesome story, it got to me and I had chills and was teary!

Very very good job!Greetings from Germany,

Kritty
unplugged32 chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Beautiful story, it stayed with me for ages after I read it. Bravo:)
jenilee chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Beautiful story. Very quiet, sad, and lonely. I love visual writing and this piece had such beautiful imagery for me that I could hear the waves crashing and the gulls crying overhead. I really can't say anything to do it the justice it deserves.
Agent Five chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Beautiful and haunting. Just like the thunderclouds on their horizon. Must admit to a little of the 'wtfs' as the piece continued and then something about the emotion and isolation hit me and i could see it for what it is. very clever and so very sad.

if it had started any other way, it would not have worked as well as it did. and the ending was perfect. you're a genius. it's written in a dream-like prose and yet doesn't give itself away until the end. much like the Sixth Sense effect and only on second viewing do you see the clues that were always there. awesome.
Inu-ears chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
wow! omg! amazing! So poignant and sorrowful. I picked up-at leaast I hope I was right-on the fact that Sam dreamt, or dreams of Dean when he's asleep. This is all speculation because I believe the line: "Sam’s laugh dies away just like the hope did. Leaves him feeling just as empty. It feels like it left him sharply. Quick and unexpected. But Sam knows that’s not really how it happened." refers to Sam's hope dying when Dean dies after the one-year is up. The emptiness takes a long time to get over-and maybe he never does get over it if this convo. is any indication...

So...when he sleeps, he talks to Dean? Because I got the impression that Dean was dead since he was asking Sam about a case and it was hugely implied that he wasn't there. Dean would never let Sam go on a hunt alone unless...Overall-great story! I'm left with so many "what-ifs!"...lol.
frigginapplepie chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
So this has to be one of the single greatest endings in the world. I won't bother pasting in the parts I like; I think you'd know them, having written it, but I hafta tell you anyways. The closing line was the sort of thing that stuck with me a bit longer than closers usually do. I read this last night before I went to bed and had weird dreams of the ocean.

I freakin' worship your stuff, I swear it. o.o;;
ciel4 chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Aw, Dragons. Genius is NOT the wrong word. This is so heart-wrenching, but I couldn't stop reading it. I love the brotherliness of it, the simple being together in some way, the way Dean "wakes" Sam before it gets too much, and this dialogue:

“You’re right. I’d hate it. Better I’m not there.”

“I wouldn’t say that,” he replies. He’ll never say that.

See? Genius.
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
A very different 'feel' to this, versus your other fics. Beautifully atmospheric and otherworldly. There was a definite overshadowing of sorrow here, a fear of things to come, almost.

Beautifully written - as usual.

And as usual, you write Dean so well. Seagulls.. 20 miles... gulls!
Deanish chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Gah. Break my heart, why don't you?
brighette chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
There’s a difference between not knowing where you are and being lost. Beautiful line. But he's lost and trying to find Dean, if even in a dream. Sad and poignant, you did a great job catching how alone Sammy is with his brother.
aussiemel1 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
What a melancholy tale.

It was pretty oblique in parts, a bit like looking at an abstract painting, there were a lot of sentences that could have dual meanings. I hope I didn't completely misread things but I got the impression that Dean was gone and Sam was feeling the loss keenly, really struggling with direction and the desire to go on.

I loved this line. "There’s a difference between not knowing where you are and being lost."

Poor Sam. He's not lost, he just doesn't know where he is without Dean. I'm getting a bit misty eyed thinking about it (but it could be the three glasses of wine enhancing my melancholy. And I blame those same glasses of wine if I'm completely off base).
Ster1 chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
This is so haunting-Sam's pain and loneliness resounds throughout the lovely imagery and poignant dialogue. And the fact that you left open the question about whether it was just a dream or not was intriguing.

Wonderfully done!