Reviews for Imitation of Life: Five Questions Mack Never Asked
Green Gallant chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
This story is astoundingly brilliant. In every since of the word. I'm just going to come right out and say it: if this happened in the series it'd be in everyone's Top 5 List of the Greatest Episodes of all time.

I gotta say, you were really creative in how you went about this whole thing. Especially in explaing the reason why he built Mack. Which beats any other interpretation by far. I really like how you made his reaction and how he ponders his whole ordeal. Truly spectacular. A story like no other. A perfect mixture of light and dark. It really is a shame how they managed to half-ass the entire thing.

I think what I liked most of all was the interaction between Mack and Rose in how she tried to explain to him something as complex as the human self. For some reason that seemed really endearing, and true to Rose's character. I especialy like the idea of him traveling to other worlds. I agree with the others, I wouldnt mind a follow up on that plotpoint if the idea strikes you. All in all this is a fantastic story. One that is sorely needed to explain the complexities of Mack trying to figure out who and what he is.

Super great job,

Green Gallant.
mainestreet chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
That was brilliant! Mack's identity quest was never expressed so eloquently and sympathetically!
lilyleia78 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
I could have sworn I already reviewed this...::eyes reviews::

Oh well. I love this piece. It's a great way to explore the fallout. PR really dropped the ball on an intriguing premise ::gasps in shock:: and I think this and Between the Lines really fill in some gaps for us.
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Not bad. I like how you expanded on the whole "Mack is an android" thing. Personally, I still can't get my head wrapped around it...
Funky In Fishnet chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
I really loved those, you get deep into those complex issues that Mack has got to be thinking about. The ending was also very satisfying and believable and Mack and Ty's conversation made me giggle. Good job :- )
DarkStarShadow chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
I gotta say, you hooked me in with Mack choking Andrew, but I enjoyed sitting through the entire thing...even through Mack and Tyzonn's awkward talk about life on other planets. I'm happy that it ended as it did, and I really enjoyed this a lot. I resisted the urge to cry when I finished, it was just that beautiful. _.
Nalanzu chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
And it was so cute! Although I'm not sure "cute" is the word for existential musings. Except that it was. Very nicely put.
welleg chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Great story. I have to say this is hands down the best written OO story I've read.
Psycho Tangerine chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
I loved this. Poor Mack is so confused. And I like the reason you had Mr. Hartford give for making him. I mean he didn't have time to find the right woman but had time to make such an advanced android?
Lord Cellytron chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Ah! See, the idea that Andrew originally intended Mack for a different purpose but became attached to him is so brilliant that I'm positive the writers of the show would have never thought of it. Fantastic!

Absolutely wonderful story.
Multiplicity chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
That was very good. I wish the show had explored deeper into Mack's feelings the way you have.
The Afterlight chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Y'know, I haven't even seen much PROO yet - just the first four eps, and, of course, Once a Ranger - but even with what little I know (and I had been spoiled for Mack's, ah, condition), this is fantastic.

I do have to say, unlike everyone else, my favorite line in the Tyzonn scene would have to be, “A friend would be a logical choice, but okay. Maybe Will or Dax?” I nominate Will! And on a less flippant note, I really like what it shows about how you interpret Tyzonn's attitude toward the subject at hand, and thus the attitude that - presumably - exists off-planet in a general way. "Not girls? Okay, guys?" And also the idea about it being something to share between friends, at least when exploring before settling.
Chylea3784 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Well done, as always. You do very well with the 'Five Questions' challenge.
Dagmar Buse chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Nice one. And damn you for giving me another plot bunny (although in all fairness, that's been around for a while already ...)!
Tsukino Akume chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
I enjoyed this very much. You went through all of Mack's questions thoroughly, but never really gave a simple answer. And there were a lot of good points, too: who can really define humanity after all? I also like the making up of Andrew and Mack, and of course Tyzonn's 'I’d offer to help you myself, but now that I know Vella is still alive - you understand.' -Snickers- I would love to see more of this from Andrew's point of view if you ever get the idea. After all, how do you deal with the fact that the 'son' you've raised for two years suddenly hates your guts and refuses to call you dad anymore? That and Andrew's damn whipped-puppy look! -Sniffles- Anyway, this was fun and thought provoking-just as I've come to expect from you. _