Reviews for Mother Knows Best
Guest chapter 5 . 9/12/2020
Surely this story is not complete yet! I sill be looking for updates!,
Stormcloud Empath chapter 7 . 10/10/2003
Wow. Well, what can I say?

At first I was confused: Why wouldn't Emma remember her own husband? But then I read further, and I was amazed at how everything turned out.

I think the idea of Steed and Emma being married is quite plausible, and I do believe Mother is demonic enough to be capable of such things. Besides, if Mrs. Gale says it, then it must be true!

Anyway, good fic, and very well-written. It and you are going on my faves lists.
Valerie E. Mackin chapter 7 . 8/28/2002
I absolutely loved it. I'm so glad you finally got the last chapter up. A magnificent ending to a captivating story.
Erin7 chapter 7 . 4/28/2002
very cute story.. refreshingly well written. in "second afternoon" the spelling becomes briefly atrocious, though... may help to fix that at some point, as it distracts from the story.
Andi Horton chapter 7 . 4/21/2002
Will you understand my slight consternation at your plot twist? Steed and Mrs. Peel have the best platonic relationship in the history of television, and I'm upset that you would wnat to tamper with that. Yes, they are perfect partners, and yes, I think that each is secretly a tad in love with the other. But it just can't work out. Steed would never focus if he were married- he's too chivalrous. He'd always be trying to make sure she was all right. And Mrs. Peel would get annoyed after a while. Marriage isn't just a few vows- it's an entire alteration of your lifestyle. And I think the lifestyle Steed and Mrs. Peel have (had?) is the only one that would actually work. No matter how much our hopes lean to the contrary. . .
Alexis Rockford chapter 6 . 2/16/2002
Ahhhhhhh! The classic Avengers fight scene! Very well written for an action-packed chpapter. You must really love the Avengers. Now if Steed and Emma will only learn the truth . . .
avengersfan chapter 7 . 12/31/2001
it was really cute , i love how they were married... : )
A chapter 7 . 12/20/2001
I loved this story, and I really loved the ending.

mandy chapter 7 . 11/27/2001
this was a great ending I loved it!
Verena Gruen chapter 7 . 11/27/2001
Oh, a happy ending! Yeah! I love the way everything was resolved, especially the way good old Cathy came to the rescue. You can always count on her! I also again spotted numerous references to the original show, i.e. Steed and Emmas love for cucumber sandwiches. So great! The tag scene was terrific, in traditional Avengers style! Hurrah for Steed and the missus! I hope you will continue to write "Avengers"-stories. Id definitely read them! Perhaps a sequel to this one? Then Steed and the missus could really prove that they dont goof around on the job! (wink,wink)
Cassandra Elise chapter 6 . 11/26/2001
In response to the last review posted, I just noticed that myself. I believe it is fanfiction's fault, because my story doesn't look like that offline in my word program.

Thanks to all of you for the reviews. I'm posting the next chapter as soon as I finish writing this.
Valerie E. Mackin chapter 6 . 11/26/2001
I absolutely cannot wait for the next part. I do have one question. I'm sorry if you've already ansered this in one of your author's notes, but I was wondering why, in different parts of your story, there would be places where four character, ie. a space and three letter, etc., would be completely missing. Am I making nay sense at all?
TohmaDanzig chapter 6 . 11/18/2001
This is an awsome story. Hurry up with the new chapter.
Verena Gruen chapter 6 . 11/13/2001
Well done! What I particularly like about chapter 6 are the numerous references you made to the actual Avengers episodes. Since I am an Avengers fan of every episode and season of the Avengers, I really liked to spot these references: Steeds sword in the umbrella, the reference to the Mrs Gale episode. Just priceless! Furthermore, I think the fight-sequences were well-described.

As for Steed and Mrs Peel, will they ever find out the truth? I am already painfully awaiting the next chapter! Keep writing, please!
Alexis Rockford chapter 5 . 11/9/2001
I knew it! Emma and Steed are . . . . hmmmmm hmm! I can't say it! I'll give it away. Hahahahaha! Emma and Steed 4 eva! All hail the mighty Cassandra Elise!