Reviews for The Weight of Water
RdtheLiterature chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
So Damn Sad...I like how you owned parker at the end. In the context of the way you characterized them, she was just a little late in figuring out her reason for living.

however, i always felt on the actual show Jarod's reasons for keeping his connections to the Center were not just for parker but because the center was his real home...it was also parker's and for this reason she wasn't willing to follow him.

Her attitude was like 'yeah, have your fun in the real world and let me know you're still around by driving me crazy...but when you're ready to face who you really are and come back home, I'll be waiting.'

They both knew there was no getting around what they were to each other...and she was actually very mad at him for leaving her alone at the center. He left it on her shoulders to hold the fort down and survive the insanity of the place. Meanwhile, he played hero to the downtrodden on the outside.-that's why whenever she does come close to catching him she always says 'it's time to come home now Jarod'

That's why this story is so sad. You basically had Jarod fuck Miss Parker...exorcise the whore from his system. and at the end of the story her life is fucked.
Holly chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Is there more to this? Or is this the way you want to end it?
Aria chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Wow, that was so bittersweet! I do agree with J that it's time for a change - they're both too old to keep playing the same old 'games'. I do feel a bit sorry for MP - I think J has a much better chance of actually being happy than she ever will.

A very good fic, but it made me very melancholy.
Penn O'Hara chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Powerful stuff. I'm a big fan of everything Pretender and while I'd cheerfully torture Ms Parker for all the years she's hounded Jarod, I more than appreciated the way Jarod cleansed himself of her and has moved on. Raspberries to a stupid close-sighted woman in Ms Parker, but kudos to Jarod for laying that UST to rest, once and for all, and thus laying it to rest for me too. Thanks for doing that, and in a totally believable and character-true way.

Penn.
Skie chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Beautiful story and great work. You just made me really, really sad. Haven't felt this sad about a book or a movie for a very long time.
Duchess67 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Aw, she might have been willing to go with him! Why didn't he ask? *sad sigh*

Vey well done! *two thumbs up*
Me chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Loved it. Everything about this piece makes perfect sense. The non-shipper in me loved the way it ended - Jarod determined to walk away for ever, but still not willing to leave until he knew she was all right; and MP's uncertainty (after all, it's not the first time he led her to believe one thing, then did a 180). Very nicely done.
Rusty chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
I went back to dig up the first part of the story. It is interesting that everyone has their own perception of the nature of each character. it's as individual as each writer and the story the writer tells.

I cannot disagree or agree with your characterizations because within the story you tell they make sense. It is an interesting tale and well told. You have a difinite skill in story telling and adapting your characters to the plots.

I hope you continue to write Pretender, it seems to be a dying storyline, when I feel there is still so much left to the mind to play with.