Reviews for In Between
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Like his thoughts about the dream. And when he woke only to realize it was just a dream.

Even in the hospital he was more worried about Max than himself. He really loves her.
Ica44 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Great little piece. Lovely Logan POV, especially all their angst at their parting outside the cabin. Loved these lines:

Logan looked into the deep brown eyes and saw, no doubt left at all now, that Max wanted him to come with her as much as he wanted to go. Eyes Only, back surgery and everything else could wait because Max wanted him as much as he did her, and with that strong a magic, anything and everything was possible...

*sigh*... so lovely.
Mia chapter 1 . 1/5/2008

Since I forgot to mention this to you the other day when we were talking, I'd like to point out how utterly confused I was when I read this on New Year's Day. I'm reading this going, 'this seem familiar...this seems really familiar...did Shy explore something someone else already wrote.' Yea totally flipped through other ppls stories in my hungover state before I thought to go check the reviews and sure enough...I had read it.

Turns out when you read stories as bedtime stories they take on a more dreamlike quality. :-P

Still a fabulous read on my third or fourth read through. :-P
Dutch chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Really enjoyed this story. All warm and fuzzy Max and Logan. They should have shown more of this on the TV show. Hope you will write more. Thanks
Mari83 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
(No willpower)Strange, but there really isn’t much (if any) fic giving us Logan’s perspective throughout BBWW, so just for that alone this is great, but the thing I like the most is how you keep up and prolong this state of in between-ness and abeyance with the illusion of Logan having run with Max and his disorientation when waking up. And, like I said, I always wanted to have another hospital scene because of all the potential and unanswered questions and them just going back to normal.

"The realization that he must have been dreaming brought a pang of disappointment more painful than any shifting bullet fragment could have brought. Heavily, surrendering to reality and his responsibilities, as always, he signed, and said softly, sadly, “Yeah. I suppose I was.”

This is so sad, the contrast of dream and poor Logan learning about his break-down, near-death, Max not only being away but at least safe in Canada but even worse arrested and possibly on her way to Manticore...

"He drew a breath to speak, to offer the supportive, brave words he knew he owed her. He wouldn’t let her see his heart breaking. “You're going to be okay, you know?”

He registered the sound of them even if he wouldn’t allow the resulting emotion to show on his face. Admit how he really felt? Not here, not now; not safe for her, not wise, for a million reasons. But in the faintest semblance of what this was doing to him, how it was tearing him up inside, he offered, as smoothly as he could, “I'll miss you.”

The car scene is one of my favourites and I just love your retelling (and those two paragraphs in particular). Knowing their thoughts just adds so perfectly to all that bittersweet-ness and the contrast of inwardly strong emotions and outward calmness and understatement.

"small, antiquated bookstore they’d bought, complete with the obligatory pair of cats sunning in the store window and packed to the rafters with previously owned and loved books"

Love the description of the stranded books… (Interesting cliché about the cats in book stores, I’ve never ever seen a single one)

"Max’s eyes shining over coffee as, excitedly, she told him about that morning’s physics lecture, a perfect break in his morning of grading papers, the stack of exams piled at his elbow..."

And another facet in the what would Max do-series:-)

"Logan blinked, his myopic eyes not that bleary, but still, he was unable to avoid asking, “Max?”

Oh, I like this, it’s so hoping against reason…

I really would like to see a continuation , even though I do like the resolution with Logan coming to terms with reality when it includes Max…
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
If there is a deeper meaning behind "A Woof in Sleep's Clothing" you gotta enlighten me. Hm. Just the woof from BBWW?

As others already said, we would've read anyway. ;)

Thanks Shy, for bringing some warmth into a cold, grey November day.

Love it. BBWW is one of my favorite episodes and definitely one of the most inspiring. When I think about it, three of the four stories I posted under my own pen name (not challenge related) deal with the events of this episode. ;)

I like your take on things, the dream that is just a little different and Logan's disappointment when he realizes it was just a dream.

RT4ever chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
So I went to sleep smiling.

I woke up turned on my computer saw your open story and smiled again.

I think I may even throw in some hand clapping. :-P

It just made me happy. Nice job.
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Lol, title still wouldnt have stopped us reading it!

loved it... Its the kind of stuff that brings a warm smil to ur face..

logan's just so so so cute!
Moonlite Star chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
liked it! a great missing scene.

so...a woof in sleep's clothing, hehe. humorous title that would have been indeed. :D

great job! keep writing!
LEE chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Thank you for posting this. A nice little story in the midst of all the MA stories lately. Would have even taken 'Woof in sleep's clothing'...
annie200 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
I'm with Lisa! This was an outstandingly enjoyable story, even by your standards. As much as I loved BBWW the dance scene always seemed a little too saccharine for me. You've put the edge back in it. Loved it.
Griever11 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
You can just delete the other one... FFn is screwing with me again... :P

I loved this, and the dream sequence was just too great. And then moving on to the dancing, very cool :D. Great missing scene from BBWW. And Logan anticipating Max at the end is so darn cute.

Thanks for this :)
Griever chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Too lazy to log in :P

I loved this so much! The dream se
lisa316 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Very nice transition from dream to reality. It almost fits into our 'what if' challenge.

Very romantic ideas. We should find a way to expand of them. ;)
Sossoca chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Another excellent fic from you!