Reviews for Choices
machievelli chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Posted 23 March 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but my computer went down for the second time in six months with a virus in June of 2012. Then in November kotorfanmedia went down for reasons unknown, so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. I had waited for it to revive, but you on fanfiction deserve your reviews.

Some of the work I read is what I consider worthy of a professional. These are marked as Picks of the Week. While they are posted on Starwarsknights I am adding the best of the week where applicable.

Mandalorian Wars before the Jedi intervene: Revan isn't the only one going her own way...

Remember to sight edit, the sentence, 'didn't destroy and fight simply for fun of it. you left out 'the'. No big thing, your mind is running on and your fingers can't catch up. We all have that problem sometimes.

I loved this one because the author interjected something I had not anticipated; surprising because I love and read history voraciously, and the same thing has happened time and again. Warrior societies who suddenly, for no discernible reason, fall into senseless brutality. The Nazi 'Final solution' is a perfect example, the best and brightest 10% of their population labeled subhuman and worked to death or merely killed out of hand. As John Ringo in his Watch on the Rhine commented; seventy years later, no one can figure out where that collective madness came from.

Here we have a man I myself merely made a schemer who killed himself dishonorably on Dxun. Yet he is finding a way to save some he has been ordered to slaughter. Or as the author puts it so cogently, he seemingly has to make a choice between his honor and his duty, his people, or their soul...

Pick of the Week
Effiron chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
I am truly impressed by your work; you have an excellent feel for the characters. This story is a great look into the mind of a great Mandalorian. I can't think of much more to say except "Bravo!" I'm adding you to my Favorite Authors list. I hope to see more of your work.
Opal Tynker chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
I'm surprised this piece didn't get more reviews. It was great! You almost never see anything written from the viewpoint of a Mandalorian during the wars, much less Cassus Fett.

I liked that you made him real and believable, still a proud Mandalorian, but not quite blind to what was going on around him. I also liked that he felt guilty about leaving the Iridonians a small escape route, because it wasn't very Mandalorian. Though, as you pointed out total annhiliation wasn't very Mandalorian, either.

Kudos! This was a great piece :]