Reviews for Drake's Dates
SyfyGuy2 chapter 2 . 5/13
This a really funny story; it's clear this was your first fanfiction, but it genuinely makes me laugh like 'Drake and Josh' does - the sort of blunt narrative in itself works kinda well to make real humour, as it did with the whole cookies thing in the first chapter. Both the two chapters you put up were hilarious, and I really could see them happening to Drake (and also Josh in Chapter 2!) X)

I will point out however, that your description of the "psychopath" girl in Chapter 1 wasn't correct. Technically, a psychopath is someone whose brain is pretty much hardwired in a specific fundamental way that renders them more or less incapable of genuine empathetic emotion and characterised by a total lack of empathy in their core intentions - good examples of psychopaths in fiction would be Darth Sidious, Lord Voldemort, and Jerome the Joker. The crazy girl's symptoms were more like those of Multiple Personality Disorder.

I actually had a really funny idea for a Chapter 3 of this story today: Drake is making out with a girl in private, and the girl wnats and intends to "go all the way" - and Drake, having never listened to sex ed, knows how to make out with girls but is completely clueless on what comes past that or how babies are made. QUICKLY, WRITE IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE STEALS IT!

Seriously, greatly funny story! :)
Red K 5 chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
why would Megan smile when she has to use the bathroom... please continue this... I got an idea remember #1 fan when that little girl was obsess with him... well my idea is one of his friends set him up with his friend's sister (either tall or fat or both)... Drake would have a fear of being crushed
ForeverUnwritten chapter 2 . 11/11/2007
Again, this wasn't much of a date, and you didn't really include much of the guy. I know it's kind of hard to include the people because Drake wants to ditch them so fast so I'll let you go on that. I thought it was pretty funny with Megan's smile. I couldn't really picture Drake whining so maybe you could work on the characters a bit. Other than those few things it was good. Update soon, please. )
moorejulie chapter 2 . 11/10/2007
haha love it

please continue!

just think of the most ridiculously extreme personalities and you've got a story. btw love the megan smirk joke.
CraftyNotepad chapter 2 . 11/10/2007
It's actually harder to write brief chapters, than lengthy ones, so there's no need to apologize - especially with such quick updates.

The boys understanding the only reasons for Megan's grin is a nice touch, as was using it twice. Nice work on the chapter's title, too. It gave nothing away.
CraftyNotepad chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Interesting premise and off to a good beginning, TVAddict14. So, this isn't a typical date, huh? Well, if the writing is representative of your ability, then this series will have a shining future. Congratulations!

We didn't get to see much of Tiffany, and I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV, but she may simply have multiple personalities. A psychopath knows the difference between right and wrong - and choses to do the wrong thing. Let's not be calling yourself names unless you're certain Tiffany, unless it's just your little scheme to get out of a date early. (Does no one set their cell phone alarm to vibrate anymore?)

Have to admit that I was distracted from the get-go because I was worried about the cookies.

Welcome Writer! It's an honor to have you share your tales.

Best Wishes

CraftyNotepad

. .. . .. _ ;/\/\/\\\\ 467
omgmyyouth chapter 2 . 11/10/2007
This is really funny! I cant wait till the next chapter

Update soon! :)
ForeverUnwritten chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
This was pretty good for the first chapter. I like the idea of the story. Maybe you could have put more examples of how she was a psychopath in there, though. Another idea that could be funny is if Drake accidentally ended up on a date with Josh. Update soon!