Reviews for At The End Of All Things
Lily Amai Hana chapter 57 . 7/13/2014
...(speechless and crying)
SetoAngel01 chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I normally don't take the time to write reviews, but after reading this masterpiece in one sitting, I can tell you that I probably haven't cried this hard in years. The story was perfect. The flashbacks, the way Kaiba dealt with his impending death by going through the stages of grief himself. I need to applaud you for Seto more than anything though. You made him beautifully in character and I loved all the playful and snarky banter he did up til his dying breath. While I loved the little bits of Joey, Yami, and Yugi, nothing can compare to the dialog and quiet moments between Seto and Mokuba. The one bit that got me before the final chapters is when Mokuba is in his room and just feels like just the thought of losing his beloved brother would be like the sky breaking apart and the ground disappearing underneath him. Never had a comparison been more accurate. The emotion you were able to capture within Mokuba, with him knowing his brother that has been there and protected him and done everything for him is dying was almost hard to read. It was emotionally painful and even though he's fictional, you made me feel his pain like it was my own. The phrase "You were worth it" struck me deeply. How just that little line of words held so much love between the two of them. Made this story feel like you were in it and felt all the pain and suffering these characters were feeling. No story has accomplished it as well as you have.

Me, being very religious, I did enjoy that aspect of this as well that there is a life after death. You did it beautifully and I loved the part with Seto feeling God's presence as he's facing his failed suicide and what he almost did. The ending about killed me. Personally, I have experienced seeing a loved one passing away before my eyes and you captured it perfectly. As hard as it is, there is a peace. Knowing this loved one is not going to suffer anymore is one of the greatest comforts about death. Also knowing that death isn't the end - it's a beginning. God Bless You for writing this beautiful story. I will definitely reread and treasure it as it deserves to be. Thank you...
Mentalist chapter 57 . 8/21/2013
Read this all in one go. Dehydrated myself from all the crying, particularly in the final couple chapters. You are an incredibly gifted writer for being able to convey with such profundity the emotion, turmoil and suffering in Kaiba and his friends. Life is so beautiful and sad, and your story put things all in perspective. I needed this read. Thank you.

It is clear from the depth of your writing that you have been through similar experiences yourself and that your capacity for empathy in your fellow human beings is staggering. I hope you too will overcome your real life issues and adversity. I'm not a religious person but I mean it (and hope you will not be offended) when I say god bless you.
astrovagant chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
... I'm already tearing up. Goddam emotions.

Well, I shall read more of this sometime soon. School obligations may keep me busy, but ah, well.

-The Raven
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
*cerulean, *looming
GibsFunc chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Wow, I know I am reviewing chapter one but I have read the whole story. And I loved it. The process, the struggle. How you made it sooo real. It was nothing idealistic or heroic about it. It was just life. When he finally died I felt almost pieceful at the knowledge. Granted the ending was surreal, but otherwise, you nailed it. Love the descriptions, how you portraited the different relationships Seto had with all of them. Setos own struggle. It was just brilliant and I wish you good luck with you master degree. For what its work, I think you will do great.
Caleigho Meer chapter 7 . 12/16/2010
...
EvilKnivel38x chapter 57 . 10/13/2010
finally i've finished reading this epic story, it's taken me about a week!

IT was beautifully written and i thought it was very touching and this last chapter put the icing on the cake!

I must admit i had a few tears when Seto attually died but then when he and Mokuba were reunited in Heavan i thought that was wonderful!
InMemoryOf chapter 57 . 4/25/2010
I don't know why I keep doing this to myself - reading sad stories that only serve to make me remember the anguish of watching my own loved one died. The end of this story, the part pretaining to Seto's death, had a very profound effect on me because so much of mirrored the last moments of mother's life. I may not have been the one that got to hold my arms as she died, but my sister tells it was very much like that. Its hard to understand why I go ahead reopening the wounds, but maybe its my own form of punishment to relive the moment over and over because I missed it - even though she didn't want to watch her die in the first place.

All I can say is thank you for write such a beautiful and touching piece of work. You brought every emotion breath-takingly to live, and made it so real that I felt like I was dying too. I'm sorry if reading this makes you sad, but I find that if I don't write what's on my mind, I will surely go insane. Once again thank you for writing this story. It is a perfect example of your obvious talent and because of that, I will remember it for a long long time.

Take care and please keep writing such beautiful works of art - I'm sure my mother would have loved it too.
animeluvr chapter 57 . 1/6/2010
omg i cried at the end! wonderful story! great work
animeluvr chapter 19 . 1/5/2010
what the HELL! MOKUBA FREAKAN OUT ON YUGI AFTERYUGUI FREAKS OUT ON KAIBA ! WOW!
Scribble chapter 57 . 4/8/2009
OMG the ending was beautiful i couldnt help but cry when Seto died. Im just glad he's free of all the pain read this chapter so many times and it always makes me cry! Be at peace in Heaven Seto!
Omega19x chapter 57 . 3/22/2009
I do not say this lightly, because words cannot truly express the emotions that I have expressed in the past five hours... But I have been truly blessed for the opportunity to read such a touching story.

Never have I seen death written so well, so thoroughly, as to truly allow you to mourn not for, but with, the characters. The anger, the despair, the fear, the redemption... Your details were vivid, your command of the subject (from a medical point of view) almost entirely accurate. I was engaged from the first paragraph and never once looked away.

Thank you. Thank you for this story. You are a brilliant writer. And I salute you with every stroke of my pen.
Cster chapter 57 . 9/6/2008
I was stunned by this chapter. Your final chapter was definitely your best one. I loved the ending it was so sweet and fitting. Oh my gosh, I'm just so overwhelmed! I loved reading this story because I never knew what to expect from you, the brilliant author, next. What you wrote about, the material was so deep and complicated but you handled it so well. Easily the best Yugioh fic I have ever read. Hands down.

Fissure chapter 57 . 9/5/2008
An absolutely amazing end to a marvelously written story. Fantastic job!