Reviews for Selfish As Selfish Comes
Reiko Shiramori chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Wow, this is beautiful! Full of emotion, true to the storyline...it sounds like it could actually happen!
Yulia chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
It was very nice. I was looking forward to an interaction between Acsh and Tear. I absolutely HATED the way Asch died too.

Brilliant.

Yulia.
Bivious chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Yes! Crack pairing! And it's my favorite TotA one too~

I would like to thank you for being so bold as to post the first [and probably will be the only] Tear/Asch fanfiction. Sure, it's one-sided, but I think that's as far as this pairing could ever get.

I didn't find him OOC outside of the whole romantic part of it (because Asch really doesn't come off like he could pull that off. Ahahaha... or maybe that's just me.) You did a very good job with him in my opinion!

Sorry this is so long and full of... nothing. This fic just really made my night- I had really wanted to see some Tear/Asch anything and there really just... isn't any. But! Here is your fanfiction! Plunging into the dangerous abyss of obsessive cannon shipping... Bravo!
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
hell yeah, it's tough to think Asch romantically, but i guess he's a bit OOC. But hey, it's fanfic remember, FANFICTION, completely your own choice of things in a way so i guess it's alryt to c a bit of change in characters.
allhats chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Ooh, yay~

AschxTear. I've been wanting to read one of these for awhile.

And I know what you mean by it being hard to write Asch in a romantic role. -.- I'm always paranoid about getting his character wrong while I write it.

But onto the review:

I have to say, this story was pretty on the dot. I thought Asch was very in character, especially for this pairing.

Crack pairings tend to be OOC, but it is called for, after all~

I only wish this story was longer. It would have been awesome. And mentioning the time when Asch and Tear went to Ortion Cavern (They went somewhere, but it's not really striking me right now. I think it was Ortion Cavern), would have put a real twist into it as well. :3

Overall, I liked this story. Good job.
Star Ribbon chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Well, this was certainly something I wasn't looking for. Yet, at the same time.. it was pretty enjoyable. It didn't seem out there at all, though it is hard to imagine Asch with anyone that isn't Natalia.

Keep up the great work! I'd love to see what you could come up with in the future.
LaniZion chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
Well, I didn't see Asch as being OOC. Tear and Asch, huh? Interesting couple.

Nicely done, with the separated paragraphs.
Laurie Jo chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Wow... this is an interesting take to one of the most unlikely pairings in the game. I enjoyed this little fanfic, and didn't find Asch to be OCC.

I mean, really, what can we expect of him? Maybe less self-deprecation, but he's going to die damn it! And he's a fool with a huge crush.

It's a bit weird to see him with someone else than Natalia, I mean... the fangirls will get you.

But this fanfic is amazing. I loved your wording. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Exhile87 chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
I'm a huge fan of Luke/Tear, but I detest Asch so I hate him in any pairing (XD); however, since there's Tear in here I decided to give it a read anyway, haha. I really can't imagine Asch ever having feelings for Tear since he seemed to have something more with Natalia in the game, but it's nice to have a 'what could have been' theme. Asch didn't seem that OOC to me.

Even though I dislike Asch, the ending was sort of sad... _