Reviews for Almost a Squib
Ao yuki chapter 5 . 12/11/2007
*sniffs* Sirius... I would so want that accio spell to work, for once...

And GREAT WORK! You have good plots and I love your writing style. I'll be waiting for your next update~!
Jearom chapter 5 . 12/11/2007
Excellent story. Can't wait for the next installment!
Lady Silverhawk chapter 4 . 12/11/2007
So, what happened to Cedric? Did he still die?
Shimo Ino chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
Woah! This is an amazing parody! I like how it's broken up into little pieces and such. Good job!
skeptic chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
Glad to see another chapter. I like the way that Harry leads the revolt against Umbridge. Lessons learned from the Dursleys.

One thought comes to mind. Wouldn't the Dursleys be nicer to Harry since he doesn't have any magic? Granted they are not nice people but Harry wouldn't be able to use magic to upset them.
anony chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
Love your story...I just wish writers would f-ing stop killing off Sirius, already.

JK Rowling already did that, and it pissed me off enough. It's like, one of the reasons I read fanfic in the first place.

Geez!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
Thanks for the update. This chapter did have some good chuckles.

What's with the underage magic charge? Harry used a flare, a muggle device (wizards have no need for flares). Did Harry forgo his trusty Zippo for an incendio charm? You should clarify such things.

Anyway, several plot holes - probably no more than canon - but the laughs make up for it. Thanks!
KaiPhoenix chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
nice work on fifth year, it's the year that the most can be done to AU it and still keep it relatively close to canon...and I do so love how Harry handled Umbridge..I've seen what a classroom of students intent on ignoring and humiliating their teacher do as well, and it's not pretty

when you get as old as Dumbledore and the only people who stand up to you end up dead, you tend to get stuck in your ways..not always a good thing, even if you're trying to 'help' others
Shimo Ino chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Wow! Its pretty short, but I like the difference!
tlfsjs chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
nice story
drugan chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
I think you're hard on yourself. This is a very good chapter. Thank you!
BJH chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
Merlin's Crystal Balls but that was a GREAT chapter!

Even if you did omit any romance, the hint of Luna being similar to Harry in how she deals with people was amazing.

I will have to say that I did come up with an idea to use paint remover on Sirius's mum's painting but since I never did anything with it it doesn't count for much. I thought it was hilarious, especially when followed by the flea bomb and that little "Oops". And then how Harry deals with his trial was just as wonderful. "Prove it" Truly inspired.

Once again wit wins over wands. Or as Harry told Bellatrix: "I don't compete. I just win."

And that turn where Harry summons Sirius but lacks the power to save him, especially when contrasted with the way in canon he summons his firebolt from so far away, was incredibly touching. If this were a longer and more drawn out story that could have been so powerful in how it effects Harry. But then this is a compressed story, as you pointed out and that likely isn't feasible.

Really, really well done and I look forward to the next chapter.

BJH
piwqefjk chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
This was a brilliant chapter - I really like the way you portrayed the more intelligen Harry, and how you kept him leading the DA and managed to keep close to canon. One question; how did Voldemort arise if Harry exploded the cauldron?
Jon chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
Great job with harry yelling to DD about his stupidity
anita chapter 4 . 12/9/2007
So, as good an effort as ever, eh? really good, keep it up. write for all 7 years!
1,234 | « Prev Page 1 .. 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 82 .. Last Next »