Reviews for Almost a Squib
Christina chapter 2 . 11/20/2007
Good story idea. I'd like to see where you go with it. Keep up the good work :)
lnky chapter 2 . 11/19/2007
More! More! More!

I love the idea of Harry being a squib. It just expands the possibilities. Many authors gives Harry a wide breadth of abilities, but in the end he doesn't even use all of them. Why give him a katana, fitfteen throwing stars, throwing knives, nunchakus, Godric's sword, three reserve wands, and fifty pounds of dragon leather armour if he may be as effective with just one kitchen knife, or a sling... or a dungbomb. Someone powerful isn't someone with a lot of power, but someone who can use efficiently the little he has.

And that's the thing I like in this story. Imagine a dungbomb in the cauldron during Voldemort's ressurection... Flesh of a servant, bone of a father, blood of the enemy, and a dungbomb. I guess I wouldn't like to be a Death-Eater when he ressurects.
goatkid chapter 2 . 11/19/2007
This is great! There are too many 'Harry is brilliant and has stronger magic than anyone since Merlin' fics out there. This is a nice change and I hope you do continue.
SlightlyFrumiousBandersnatch chapter 2 . 11/18/2007
Oh, yes, more please. I'm enjoying this. I LOLed at Harry's use of the rumor mill. Bit creepy, coming from a 12-year-old, but...I like diabolicallyclever!Harry very much indeed.
WANT MORE chapter 2 . 11/18/2007
MORE! MORE!
Ninkasi chapter 2 . 11/18/2007
moremoremoremoremore
Reviewer chapter 2 . 11/17/2007
Kindly asking for the continuation of this story.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
Well that was more fun.

Any plot holes are more than forgiven by the laughs.

One big disappointment is that, since this Harry does not have the mix of basilisk venom and phoenix tears in his blood, he will not become as fearsome as Mr Black.

Anyway these are fun little snippets, thanks.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
Nicely done, sir.

Can't wait to see where you go with this.
maritinkerbell chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I WANT MORE!

This was a great rendition of Year Two! I especially loved the bit with Filch and his cat! I can't wait to see how Sirius responds to his almost-squib godson! UPDATE SOON! I love this story!
BJH chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
This story is GREAT! NOt only is it fun to read but the way you have Harry underpowered but still with the street smarts to outwit his enemies both funny and thrilling. Excellent work.

BJH
BookwormDragon chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
Wow! I love this so far! It's great to see Harry being truly cunning for once. I especially liked the part about Draco. LOL!
Jacleni chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I really love this story :3
sweetgirl23 chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I loved it. I hope you decide to do year three. Love this Harry. Thinking with his head and making sensible decisions. Loved how his picture woouldn't move for Colin. Please another chapter. Keep up the great work.
Fioreth chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I shouldn't even be reading today, but as i was browsing i saw that you had another chapter and i just had to read it. I love that you've made him a prankster! Is there any way we can get him different pranks for each year? No one would know what to expect, and hen they thought they did he could change them. Also, i remember from fifth year and 4th year that JK had the twins develop all kinds of pranks that no one ever really used, i'd say you have alot of sources to work from to make Harry a very good magician, if not a wizard. timing is everything after all isn't it? His personality also fits very well. after all if he doesn't have the magical power to go out and be the perfect hero then it's only fair that he find another way of dealing with everything, and you portray his character very well. Thanks for the chap. i'm looking forward to seeing the next 5 years of Harry's schooling, and any deviation from book seven canon is so ok with me! Hint Hint... :)
1,234 | « Prev Page 1 .. 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 .. Last Next »