Reviews for Almost a Squib
Blaise chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
Enjoying this - a concept done very differently from the usual Harry mistreated by the dursleys - look forward to the next instalments.
Potter Abducted by Penguins chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
What a wonderful thing Fan Fiction is! I can't write anymore since my old computer died and I am using one that my daughter gave me that does not let me use Open Office!

I love reading fanfics that do not follow Canon! I was very disappointed with JKR and her choice of relationships. I do not like the idea of Hermione and Ron, nor Harry and Ginny.

I also do not think that Dumbledore is all that good.

Please keep up with this!
Jimm chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
Very amusing. If you have more ideas, I'd love to see more. :-)

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Wonderbee31 chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
Want more? Oh hech yeah! Harry rocked in this chapter, and he's the best friend of a Dungbomb it seems, and vice-versa. Really enjoy the way he makes his own waves at Hoggies, such as being friends with Mr Filch, it'd be cool if Mrs Norris wanted to hang around him more and more, and acted as a lookout for him at times, LOL. This is just too sweet, though I wonder if year three happens, how you'll get around the dementors, that might be hard, unless he can squeeze the last bit of magic into a Patronus, or maybe something made like a patronus, or UV light? Looking forward to hopefully more of this great story.
Reviewer of the West chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I have to take you to task about something. You had a student ask for advice from a teacher about a decision which would affect their future employment opportunities for the rest of their lives (we have seen no sign of post-hogwarts educational institutions such as universities, and while there are certainly private schools-think of the squib training-they presumably don't have the prestige of Hogwarts.

I wonder what happened to Dobby, though.
desartratt chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
This Harry is really great. He uses his head instead of depending on luck and magic. I suspect that the more he uses magic the stronger he will be, but will use it sparingly because he does not realize that he is growing stronger. Did I guess right?
anonymous chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
Good chapter. I like this clever Harry.
kumquat chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
The dung bombs were a nice touch, a great way to off the basilisk. Can't wait for year three!
TSFreedom chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I WANT MORE I WANT MORE . I'm loving your squib like take on all the HP adventures and I can't wait for your PoA take although I am !REALLY! !REALLY! !REALLY! hoping it ends with a free Sirius and happy Harry. So keep up the great work and post again soon.
haphazard1 chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I'm loving the continuing adventures of nearly!Squib!Harry. Tremendous fun, especially with a few handy items in his pockets.

If only canon Harry had used his brain like this...
eragon chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
The best Squib-Harry I've ever read...humorous and insightful! Can Harry have a succesful future in the wizarding world, post Voldemort, without the ability to do greater than simple magics?
Ladies And Canines chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
This is a great piece. I really enjoy how this Harry is almost like a 'reverse-Harry' in a lot of ways. All of Harry's annoying 'No, we shouldn't let the teachers know what we're doing' behaviours in the books are completely flip-sided.

I also like how you make things *work* that way, that you don't have to be a crazy idiot to get things done, that logic can work as well.

I really like how Harry and Hermione seem closer through his sensibilities and Ron still seems like an idiot. And the scenes with Harry and Filch are just adorable.

Really nice work, original idea too. Nice one.
MourningRose -2 chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
I almost prefer this Harry to the real one... tehe, dungbombs.
angelkitty77 chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
this was so cute i love what harry did to draco. cant wait to read more
karlii chapter 2 . 11/16/2007
Good job on year two! :-)

I like how Harry's magic is being subliminal... hehehe... ;-)

I can't wait to see how it turns out, but I love, in the meantime, how he uses logic to overcome some of this perceived shortcomings.

I'm looking fwd to year three! Keep up the good work!
1,234 | « Prev Page 1 .. 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 .. Last Next »