Reviews for A Discussion Concerning Shakespeare
JuanseyLio chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
lol, loved it!
zedille chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Tee hee. That was believably, in-character-ly funny. And Elestra/Flauvic fluff SQUEE-worthy. You must go write more of the same.

Words cannot express my admiration for the awesomeness of this piece, so I shall stop talking now XP Go write more Flauvic/Elestra! There isn't enough of it!
Nerds United chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
Nicely done! Wonderful banter. They are in character as well. And of course, bringing in Shakespeare is a way of immediately winning me over!

That play is fabulous. I just re-read it not more than a month ago. It does amuse me, however, that he opens the thing with a good deal of sexual innuendo.

I must confess that I have not read nearly as much Shakespeare as I should. My current repertoire is deplorably short: Romeo and Juliet, and Much Ado About Nothing. I am waiting for the right time to read A Midsummer Night's Dream, and someone once recommended The Taming of the Shrew to me. Have you read it? Is it good? I hate to say it, but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Shakespeare.

I appreciated the reference to Homer in there. She wouldn't think he was so fabulous if she had tried to read the Iliad. :) The Odyssey was alright (not my favorite of books.)

But I digress. I love this piece! It's very enjoyable reading and it made me smile!

-music nerd
mollyanonymous chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
that was great! write more, Please?:)But without so much play sumerizing get to Elestra and Flauvic! We all already know about Romio and Juliet!
Wackysocks chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
the ending was hilarious!

"why don't we go right to the romantic part and kill ourselves."

brilliant!
Icelands chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
This sounded modern-day- Elestra uses words like "totally", and Flauvic isn't quite as debonaire as I think he should be. He sounds more like a 16-year-old than a 40-year-old. (Well, 20-some, if you don't count his years as a tree.)

The William Shakespeare part was good, but I don't think that books from Earth would be in Remalna, partly because Remalna has its own language that wouldn't even resemble English (how would they translate if they didn't even live in the same world?), and just because it's implausible.

But with the plot and the idea that it has, it's really quite good regardless, so keep writing!
cynic.in.a.fishbowl chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
i have to say that i agree with flauvic on the matter of romeo and juliet. shakespeare wrote some very good tragedies, but romeo was really just a man-whore. not to mention a cradle-snatcher. HE WAS TWICE HER AGE!

but yeah.
xtal chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
ah... so perfect... i really liked it especially since i was watching shakespeare in love yesterday. its the perfect match and i freaking love it!
Pieredae's Muse chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
Very cute! I loved how you twisted the lines to fit Flauvic and Elestra. I think it a little unlikely that they would know about Homer and Queen Elizabeth, though. However, artistic license is freedom! A couple of questions: first, has Flauvic been accepted back into the Remalnan court? Secondly, is Flauvic's maternal aunt actually Fialma, or a different woman?

Thanks for posting this! It was a delightful read. take care- Req