Reviews for Winter's Auspice
the ticking clock chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
amazing story. Love how you wrote the bond between Merriman and Will!
xXDarkDiaXx chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Nice.
Uniasus chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
I love all the teasing they do in the beginning _
annoyinglyanonymous chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Beautiful. What a wonderful way to portray the sad aspect of being an Old One.

Not quite enough of these types of fics around; for more than one reason. First, amazing quality of writing (and hard to find). Second, thank goodness, because this fandom could do with far more Stanton family fics (I know I'd appreciate it). And, third, thank you for this chance to see Will find some form of joy or reprieve. The prospect of his future is something just short of heart-breaking, but I think you portrayed him right, in your story. He would grieve, but he wouldn't wallow.

Great job.
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Loved this! It was so sweet, the snow scene and that last lineso cute! But at the same time, it was sad too...
Violamom chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Well, hello! I've only just started to read TDIR fan fiction (my daughter Dearheart sucked me into this world through her Narnia connections), and I've stepped in very tentatively because so much fan fic is just so...AWFUL...morally, grammatically, creatively awful. I have loved these books for many many years and screamed when I saw what they did with The Seeker (bleh!), so it was a great delight to find your piece here.

First of all, kudos for a near perfect emulation of Susan Cooper's writing style! She really could have written this herself, and I can't think of a higher compliment to pay you. And as to the story itself, I really feel it fits very well with the overall canon of TDIR, and is an excellent addition to the lore. So bravo and thank you so very much for writing your story with obvious respect for the original. You and my daughter are very close in age (she's currently 17) and share a love of chocolate. You obviously have a very mature gift for writing well beyond your years, as does she. It's great to meet you!

God bless! :-)
Sarah Jane chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
An interesting look at the problem left after SOTT. I felt you maybe took too much time with the snow clearing before you got into the story properly, but you brought home Will's feelings well about his family. Sad, but with a glimpse of some future happiness.

BTW, the ff author Gramarye wrote a great story about Will actually 'leaving' later in life - well worth reading.
A random hyper person chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
Wow. I loved it. This is a very wonderful and unique idea. And good writing. Why'd you call it Winter's Auspice? Can you continue it please? Please, Please, Please? I am next to begging you.
milliefluff chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
excellent, the best way of resolving that aching sadness you were left with as they all sailed away and left Will alone for who knows how long. Thanks
AutumnHeart chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
You know, I think that's the first solution to the inevitable watchman-angst that I've ever seen anyone write :).

Nice job - I enjoyed this vignette very much.
Michelle chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
That was absolutely lovely. It literally brought tears to my eyes and was particularly well written.

My only critique is the inconsistency in British and American English. I would refrain from using words like "twat" if you don't spell favorite as "favourite."

Otherwise, an excellent piece of fanfiction. Actually, there's potential for a sequel here. Who does he make loving bonds with? Does he take a wife? Or, considering the massive slash backing, a husband?

Be well and happy writing.

Michelle.