Reviews for Shinji and Warhammer40k
Sun'Alver chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
*Sharp Whistle*

I honestly don't know how to put it other than that. I was expecting something totally different when I started reading this, but smashed everything I was expected and left me stunned and wanting more.

I really liked how you managed to keep Shinji . . . well, Shinji in light of the influence of the Warhammer 40k. I found that very impressive for before I read this, I would have assumed the next extremely difficult without serious compromises. The more you know, eh?

My personal favorites were the voices in Shinji's head and how each represented one of the races of 40k. WHile the fact that they are Shinji's 'Guides and Advisors' so to speak had me tilting my head slightly, at the same time they were something I could honestly see Shinji creating and looking too. Plus the fact they added a new face to Shinji's conlficts and persona, but the also provided a decent amount of relief, comic or other-wise. I'm seriously looking forward to what influence they have on Shinji when he interacts with the rest of the cast of NGE.

To the work itself, there were mistakes in grammer in what not but nothing to the degree that it would take anything away from the work as a whole. Over-all an Excellent piece of work both in concept and structure. I'm looking forward to see how this plays out!

~Ronin109
Dusk108 chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
When I first looked at this I thought it was going to be a 40K fusion or crossover which seemed pretty cool. What you did was much better. Theres something thats seems very suiting that Shinji has voices or whatever you want to call them. You found the most perfect way I can think of to introduce Warhammer to the Evangelion universe.

I'd absolutely love to have more of this to read. There are a couple grammar and spelling errors, but nothing in my mind that breaks the story. Overall very good writing. Please continue this, the prologue was interesting as hell, and I can't wait to see what happens when this Shinji interacts with the rest of the Evangelion cast.
Happyjack chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Wow. Where to begin? Well written, different, simultaneously kind of inspiring and slightly disturbing...exactly what I love to find in NGE fiction. Wow. You've completely sold me on this idea.

I was skeptical before I started reading, I really was. I love NGE, and while not a player of the tabletop game, I am an avid player of the Dawn of War games and I like to read a 40k book every once in a while. In my experience, I've never seen a 40k crossover that I liked. You not only did a crossover, but you did one in a very unique, very Shinji way, and I love it. On a side note, you've upped my appreciation for Orks a good few notches.

So. Shinji hears voices in his head, voices belonging to members of the various races of Warhammer 40K. I grinned outright at Shinji's Waaggh and subsequent rise to the position of Warboss of his own Boyz. The formation of the Boyz and the Gretchin was definitely one of my favorite plot points, that Shinji's obsession with this universe could give rise to such a loyal organization of kids, kids willing to fight to the end against impossible odds. Inspiring and again slightly disturbing.

Bah, if I continue I'll take up half a page ranting about how good this story is, so I'll just end it with this: Excellent piece of work. This definitely makes my favorite stories list. I look forward to your next update, and hope to see one soon.

Happyjack
copyninja Kakashi chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
hmm, quiet good.

really like how all the races are in it, kina dissapointed that the TAU arent in it though ( their my fav with the greater good!)

i really like it so far keep going and update soon!

keep writing!
Marine Brother Shran chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
HOLY SHIT THIS IS GOING TO BE NUTS!

I can't wait to see what's coming up next.

And interesting how you've brought the original 4 of 40K into Shinji's life. I'd say bring in the rest, but then it would just get by far complicated, unless of course you plan to have the Commissar, or one of the Regiment Commanders become his 5th advisor.

But anyways, I'm looking forward to the release of the first chapter

Cheers Ja ne
Col. Hammer chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
I've trolled the archives of Warhammer, Star Wars, Harry Potter and NGE. Of my top ten favorite story across all four universes I have enjoyed some writen in the styles of Tom Clancy / David Weber for being grand adventures, a few that were romances, a couple of horror style ones and most especially your own story. In fact your work rank just above my fifth favorite story... the one about those Angry Marines that is over in the Warhammer section (I'll let you figure out that story's style) :).

Seriously, your writeing style was so technicall proficient and subject matter so well chosen that both my Dark Angel Chaplain and Daemonnette gave it a thumbs up!
rule179 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Hi,

Well, that was a VERY good read and I must say I look forward to how a changed Shinji (for he has been changed from the meek boy we see in the anime) shall do once in Tokyo 3.

I look forward to how Gendo's precious Scenario shall be fracked up because of it.

And I fear how far the SOB will go to bend Shinji to his will.

An interesting possible story in the future, whatever the case!
theclerk2 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Wow...this is great! You've actually done a completely orginal thing with this story. At first I was going to blow off the story due to the title and then I saw the word cout and decided to take a look. Then it was like reading something completely differnt then the other EVAxWH40k x-overs.

I can't really describe the sheer awesomeness of this story, I wouldn't know where to begin, yes there were grammer errors and the like, but you've come up with something that is so different and so great to read that it was a joy to read, you sir are a great author and I hope, hope they you continue this story.

Again bravo author, bravo!
Ghost of Meat chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
that was actually kinda awesome
2,049 | « Prev Page 1 .. 127 134 135 136 137