Reviews for Shinji and Warhammer40k
Guest chapter 12 . 4/30/2020
Bruh kensuke should carry live rounds, this ain't no larping nerf battle
Guest chapter 10 . 4/30/2020
So did shinji actually get raped
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2020
So are shinjis Warhammer buddies real or is he just schizophrenic
Guest chapter 40 . 4/24/2020
Sir, that omake from the World War Series by Harry Turtledove was pure gold. I prefer his Timeline-191 Series, but this fits in the general mesh of your story. Bravo!
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 52 . 4/24/2020
Ugh, seriously? I mean, SERIOUSLY?! After all of that, THAT is how you chose to end this story?! How...disappointing, really.
Guest chapter 31 . 4/18/2020
The mind worm infested people now left me with a feeling of the Flood from Halo.
Barricade chapter 52 . 4/18/2020
Oh dear god Bpen, you crazy magnificent bastard. Why the hell didn't you warn us on SB & SV (or at least, a bigger warning, because I LOOKED for one). I swear I snorted the sentences like they were lines of cocaine.
Guest chapter 30 . 4/15/2020
Your use of the mind worm in this chapter has me scratching my head a little. I catch the reference from the Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire game (still an amazing game even though it's over 20 years old). In-game the mind worms paralyze a victim with psychic-induced terror, then burrow into the victim's skull to implant larval mind worms that eat the person's brain from the inside-out. I get a bit of that vibe here.

But I also get a bit of a Goa'uld vibe here, where a parasitical creature burrows into a person's neck, wrapping itself around the person's spinal column and attaching to the nervous system and eventually taking over full control of the host. All you need now is one of the mind worm infested people to say, "Jaffa, kree!" and you'd have me laughing.

I get the idea that you might've blended a bit of the two to come up with your creatures here.
Igra Iggie chapter 52 . 4/17/2020
Oh boi, the Emperor, protect me, I'm gonna so review this...
Glorious! Fantastic! Epic! SO 40K I'm getting a custodian-scale boner!
That would be my thoughts for about the entire first half of the story. So much joy, appreciation of the thoughtful incorporation of the setting into the NGE universe, the facination over the characters and the dialogue. My inner fans of both settings were pleased. They almost materialized as actual creatures in my head, and if they did, they would be cheering, crying and roaring while I read.
Everything what's good can't last forever, I suppose. Eventually you can't not see the adding up flaws. With all the passion (what is obviously shines at you right through the monitor) put in, there is less and less structure in the way it's put, the further you go in the story.
How strong Shinji is is pretty damn inconsistent. It's not like it's incredibly convoluted, frankly. Just what you don't really get what he's going to pull out his sleeve the next time. Whenever his piloting is blocked, limited, or he limits it on a whim, it's not entirely clear. And then, because you aren't sure what Shinji can really do, it's unclear to what extent he even needs all the technological stuff, vehicles and everything. When you add to that demons (another dimension? does it have to do something with AT-fields? No?..), psykers (who's abilities have nothing to do with AT-field manipulation, but they at the same time oppose and limit them - what? and everyone can be a psyker if they learn? Shinji isn't a normal psyker but the some kind of chosen one? but why? is there no going insane for psykers because there is no Chaos the way it's in 40k? how are they limited in their abilities, if at all?), SEELE pulling out Evas from it's ass and them just dying, them pulling out planet-stations, force ghosts appearing, time and space getting surged and manipulated with... Then it gets pretty confusing.
The magic system is, to be honest, such a mess, I didn't see such kind for a long while. I felt like Ritsuko (a major character here, and she gets through a lot because of this exact magic system), it could even be said by the end I didn't empathize with any character as much as with Ritsuko.
Closer to the ending you just feel like 'In the Emperor's name, everything is tumbling down, the writing is such a mess, but I am still invested in the story. Idk how you can possibly end this properly, but I'm cheering for you, author.' Kinda like this.
Latest chapters feel rushed, like there were a bunch of ideas and they don't get along as well as you wish they did. It's not quite bad, but...
I'm still cheering for you to finish this. I believe you will make a decent ending, there seemed like there were numerous setups. And then I can drive my 40k people nuts and recommend this fic everywhere, even though they probably don't watch Eva. It's fraggin worth reading.
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 1 . 4/13/2020
Whoooo, man! Shinji sure has become a mean little schemer already, eh? His father's son, through and through.
Guest chapter 19 . 4/9/2020
A Double Buster Rifle for Rei? Did you go and borrow from Gundam Wing? If so, awesome.
Guest chapter 17 . 4/9/2020
"Let my aim be true!" A Warcraft 3 reference? Nice.
Guest chapter 15 . 4/9/2020
Of course Kaworu would be Tau..., there's really no other part for him. I might've gone with Chaos for him, since he'll invariably bring actual chaos to the pilots' lives. Yeah, let's just take some already seriously messed up people and mess with them just a little more. Sounds chaotic to me; or perhaps Eldar since those Space Elves just love to manipulate people.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/8/2020
You made Rei out to have taken after the Orks, but in her fight scenes I see more Eldar Harlequin at play. She kills, yet it's smooth and graceful. Was that intentional or just a by-product of her own design?
DariusPogchamp chapter 52 . 3/30/2020
Yeah that's grimdark enough of an end for Shinji
2,049 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »