Reviews for Knights of the Rebellion
KotOR-Luvr chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
I love your story so far! Absolutely awesome! I give it a 5 stars.
P.S.: the primary language of the Wookiee's is called Shyriiwook. (Just so you know)
SurferSquid chapter 36 . 2/2/2011
I really like the dissertation here on timidity and confidence in Luke. The story covers that progression in him in a way that the films could only touch on.

That was beautiful, Nem. Really marvelous job. You put so much effort and time and work into this piece; I'm glad I got the chance to finally read it. And I'm glad I got to know you as a writer, as a friend, and as a fellow geeking-out-about-dinosaurs buddy.

I...I don't know. Something about finishing this journey of a fic made me want to say something about finality, with finality. (Plus I'm still sort of dazed by FS ending after following that for so long.) But, the end of one adventure is always the beginning of another. I'm looking forward to getting to read the rest of ICBI, as well as JaNo, and whatever else you have up your sleeve. Until then...may the Force be with you.
SurferSquid chapter 35 . 2/2/2011
Is it disrespectful for me to be amused by the three-way fight between the KotORII guys? I dunno, I just felt like it was a long time coming and something I would have liked to have seen in-game, maybe.

I wish Bao and Atton would have gotten the chance to have a heart-to-heart in-game, too. I think Bao would have been able to reach out to him better than most other people because of his calmness and stability.

I like your incarnation of Atton (non-scary Atton). It's a lot more optimistic than I care to write him or think about him, most of the time. (Although, most of the time I use him as an outlet for not-optimistic things, so...)

And awwwww Dustil and Carth closure. Beautiful.
SurferSquid chapter 34 . 2/2/2011
I think Luke and HK make an awesome team-an odd couple, to be sure, but a really hilarious team.
SurferSquid chapter 33 . 2/2/2011
Atton's dialogue here is great. His line is corny, but...he's an idiot and should not be expected to say profound things. Corny suits him.
SurferSquid chapter 32 . 2/2/2011
I love Dun Moch.

Not sure if I love that Lucasarts took what can basically be called compassion, charity, and diplomacy and gave it a fancy new name as if it were some mere unfeeling tool able to be employed only by Jedi. But I digress.

You know, to be frank, if I suffered a near-mortal injury and the first thing I saw when I woke up was Atton, I would probably think the same thing as Anna.
SurferSquid chapter 31 . 2/2/2011
I like the idea that Luke would be unsettled by blood (and not just because he's not bloodthirsty); violence in Star Wars is so remarkably bloodless due to the technology used that I think a lot of fighters in the SW universe probably aren't really used to seeing a lot of it.

That Bothan character is just chilling. Excellent job.
SurferSquid chapter 30 . 2/2/2011
Oh, silly Atton.

I like the idea of an inept astromech. Amusing, if not exactly helpful.

I know I've said this a million times, but you are really great at action scenes.

Angry Bao is a scary thing.
SurferSquid chapter 29 . 2/2/2011
Awesome little puzzle you thought up here, and one I wonder, if it had been implemented in either of the games, if any players would have had the sense and lack of testosterone to solve successfully.

Awesome job writing the Anzat, too.
SurferSquid chapter 28 . 2/2/2011
Awesome antagonists, very unique. I like Toydarians simply because their design amuses me.
SurferSquid chapter 27 . 2/2/2011
Oh, Leia. Always practical.

Classic Luke (and OT) antics. Love it. Thanks for returning to the fantastic whimsy that was always inherent in the OT and that so much more recent SW stuff seems to have lost in favor of a grittier approach.

Poignant stuff about relationships. I like that you discuss it tactfully, realistically, and sensibly, and free of sentimentality or melodrama.

If Canderous had been a bit younger...I would have really wished that the game would have given you a choice of romance paths.

You know my secret weakness for astronomy metaphors, Nem.

I would really have liked to see Luke and Anakin get more quality time together...
SurferSquid chapter 26 . 2/2/2011
I'm lazy and terrible, so I'm going to reply to your replies to my reviews in this review instead of replying to your replies to my reviews.

I'm undecided on whether or not I wanted that to make sense. But I'm sure you get the gist of it.

You're welcome for these reviews! I told you I would get around to this and I intend to make up for my tardiness as fully as possible.

And now, the actual review:

Again, great job with Mission. I've seen her mis-characterized (or under-characterized) so many times that it's sweet relief to see her acting like, well, herself.

I love the design of the Sluissi-nice to see one getting some screentime (pagetime?) here.

Nice Force parkour, Luke.
SurferSquid chapter 25 . 2/2/2011
Star Wars needs more dinner scenes. Honestly, I'd like for all of the action and drama and explosions to be balanced out by a group of friends sitting around a table eating.

You're so great at writing battles, you know that?
SurferSquid chapter 24 . 2/2/2011
Was that conscious homage to Carth's oft-repeated line in-game? *snickers*

Excellent job with the dialogue, it's very true-to-character and I just love the way you write everybody.
SurferSquid chapter 23 . 2/2/2011
Beautiful descriptions, here. I had sort of an inkling that M'rytlil and Ba-ion were the same planet, but that of course does nothing to dampen the suspense.

Haha, I suppose Gungans had to be mentioned at least once.