Reviews for Knights of the Rebellion
SurferSquid chapter 22 . 2/2/2011
Chilling stuff, the idea of using a Force bond to influence someone else's emotions. I enjoyed the brief dissertation on self-forgiveness, as well.
SurferSquid chapter 21 . 2/2/2011
Yessssss Mandalorian Jedi. Thank you. So much of the fanbase seems to have this crazy idea that there has to be this eternal animosity between the two groups but I think that's dumb.

It's sort of a comfort to see that, even in the Star Wars universe where galactic civilization has advanced science and technology so much farther than we have, they still can't get a grasp on the idea of time.

Amazingly, Atton is actually amusing rather than creepy, here. I like that he's healing.
SurferSquid chapter 20 . 2/2/2011
A bad-comedian Zabrak. The galaxy never ceases to amaze me.

Poignant stuff here with Anna and Bao. Writing characters with control issues is fun.

Oh, oh, I got the joke! Finally. Ehe.
SurferSquid chapter 19 . 2/2/2011
Whoa, wasn't expecting that. You're GOOD.

I feel like I should have more to say but I really don't. Solid writing, I really liked Anna's flashbacks-well, I shouldn't say "liked" since that implies I found them pleasant and enjoyable, but they were well-done and very fitting. Scary to see someone give in to bloodlust like that.
SurferSquid chapter 18 . 2/2/2011
You know, Mical DOES strike me as the kind of guy who would alphabetize the holodiscs.

I really like how you describe the way the Force flows around people, it's very lovely.

I also like how you've characterized Mical as intensely bookish and the kind of person who recognizes that he's living his fantasies and revels in it. (Sort of reminds me of some aspects of Morn and Tamarin in that regard-do I perceive a bit of self-projection, there?)
SurferSquid chapter 17 . 2/2/2011
Ohhh, HK. Always great for a laugh.

Excellent work, as always.
SurferSquid chapter 16 . 2/2/2011
I like the idea of Luke being able to accept his odd family situation by looking at it as something on a mythic scale-very meta, very self-referential, almost fourth-wall-breaking but in a subtle and clever way.

This keeps getting more and more interesting.
SurferSquid chapter 15 . 2/2/2011
Beautiful, touching scene between Luke and Yoda. I know you were rehashing it from the movie, but it was a marvelous rehash, indeed.

Loved the idea of Exile mirroring Luke's experiences in the Dark Side cave. Very cool.
SurferSquid chapter 14 . 2/1/2011
Whoo, Wedge and...Nien Numb? Yes, no? I love your tossing other OT characters in here. And classic Han. Epic.

All right, I'll resume reading this tomorrow. Sleep is sort of important.
SurferSquid chapter 13 . 2/1/2011
Beautifully-played Vader, here.

I also love the idea of history getting Revan's gender wrong. It's so plausible from a canonical point of view-and also so amusing.
SurferSquid chapter 12 . 2/1/2011
I see what you did there.

Really nice Atton characterization.

(These reviews may become less coherent as the night draws on. My apologies.)

I knew it couldn't have been the Trandoshan! Way to buck stereotyping! *high-five*
SurferSquid chapter 11 . 2/1/2011
Yay, a sympathetic Trandoshan! Star Wars needs more of those. Oh, I hope she's not the traitor...but I know you're far more creative than that.
SurferSquid chapter 10 . 2/1/2011
Your description of the descent back through the atmosphere is amazing-I could see it so clearly in my mind's eye it was nearly giving me vertigo-but the cool, fun kind of vertigo like when you watch an IMAX movie.

I also really like how you've capitalized on the idea of Exile being a Force nexus; I have to admit that I never got far enough in KotORII to delve more into that concept and so I mostly shove it aside when writing about my Exile.
SurferSquid chapter 9 . 2/1/2011
HK made me lol, quite frankly. You're quite good at these "HK moments".

Very nice fight scene, too.
SurferSquid chapter 8 . 2/1/2011
I love the way you write Han and Leia. Can you please make whoever's in charge of Star Wars novels these days ask you to write some OT niceness?

Also I really like how you've written not-Exile/Bao here; that was sort of how I felt about him while playing the game, that it would not have been in his nature to reciprocate.
129 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »