Reviews for They were Aurors, you know
jdee-mysteries chapter 2 . 11/6/2008
Please PLEASE tell me there is more of this story somewhere! I actually found your stories through Thanfiction's recommendation...I love his stories, and if your one of his favorite authors, I knew you had to be good. I have certainly not been disappointed. :) I love reading about characters who aren't really given a story in JRK's original canon, and I love your potrayal of Frank and Alice. *crosses my fingers hoping there's more*
unique.normality chapter 2 . 1/1/2008
awesome writing

great detail

not sure about them being married for ten years... weren't they in the same year as Lily and James? I might be mistaken, I'll go look it up.

Great, great, great!
iluvzuzu chapter 2 . 11/25/2007
oh my god, this is the absolute best alice frank story i have ever read.

i mean, there's hardly any of them, but still. this is better than most lily james stories, and you should find this a big compliment because i practically worship that pairing.

i only recently started looking for alice-frank stories, because i was so obsessed with lily and james, but seriously, this is amazing.

update soon!
chocoluvr chapter 2 . 11/19/2007
I like your description of Augusta, proud of both Alice's and Frank's work, she doesn't even complain when Alice has to leave her alone for her work and when she has to watch Neville when mummy's working. The description of Augusta's insistence that Frank can always take care of himself, sounds like she's trying to reassure herself. I thought that it was sweet that Moody brought a foeglass for Neville, though did they know about the prophecy at this point? Though are you going to have Alice become friends with Lily later on, since their babies are about the same age and would make great playmates? Moody could of gotten more paranoid after the condition that Frank and Alice were found in, possibly even Neville if he was found in bad shape too.
Rugi chapter 2 . 11/19/2007
So nice to see an update for this chapter. I liked the greater insight into Alice's work and career - you really show how her work would dovetail with the Order and portray as a fine strong woman. I liked seeing her interaction with Augusta. Gran probably wouldn't be the easiest mother-in-law in the world but you show tha time has made the women rub along well. And I loved the little glimpses of baby Neville - though it made me sad to think about what is coming in the future.

Really scary to see how the Order is so beleaguered. You really made me fear for Frank in a short amount of words. Even knowing already what's coming, I felt afraid of the unknown while reading this - lovely work!
chocoluvr chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Good start to your story, showing Frank and Alice before they "lost their minds". I like the way that you show Alice as a strong character and the concern for her safety that Frank has for her. It would be interesting to see if the prophecy would come into play in this story. It would be interesting to see how Augusta is portrayed in this story. It would be nice at the end if Frank and Alice learn how to work with their disabilities, though Alice would be the one protecting him.
Rose Lupin chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
I love seeing some good tough!Alice stories. It was so much fun to see her outsmart Travers. It made me want to see her in action some more: reading minds, kicking ass. Glad to see Frank is kick ass too. I thought it made sense that he sent her home though - poor Neville needs to have his mother. Makes me afraid to read any more. Maybe you would consider an AU where the Longbottoms live or something? No? Well it doesn't hurt to ask. :(
Ginginginger chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Exciting! Are we going to be meet Neville? Myabe a litle bit? I love Neville. I also love Frank though so that's okay if we don't.
Rugi chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
I liked seeing such an interesting beginning to your story. I think it's interesting to see Alice in a strong a capable Auror role - it really makes her into a real person instead of the victim we see in the books. I also like the idea of her being a Legilimens - it seems like a good career for a smaller woman and is a nice departure from the Tonks-style duelist.

I enjoyed the cameos from Moody - who really played the tough Auror part to a tea - and Frank. I liked that you showed that they all had different roles to play in their work. Can't wait to see more.