Reviews for The Quality of Darkness
charrynoir chapter 22 . 1/5
Oh my god, this is one of the best stories ever. If not the best, I spent around 2 or 3 hours reading it and god, it was spectacular. Thank you for putting so much into it and making the end so.. beautiful? Is that the right word? Well, surviving is beautiful so I think so.
Guest chapter 22 . 10/12/2013
I liked the story,like a ,I'm not saying this to be rude,when Maddie came into the story it kinda ruined it for 're lucky I kept reading on to see what see,I'm not a fan of stories that have abuses,rape,etc. mixed in with if it's a Drake and Josh than those things I didn't like,great job on the story.I wish you the best of luck. :)
Heart Of The Wizard chapter 22 . 2/12/2013
This was so good! I can't even remember if I've reviewed it before, but I know I've read it once. I could feel much genuine angst and hopelessness Drake held to himself, and I'm pretty sure no other D&J fic is as real as this one. You're very talented, keep writing!

-Britt
Guest chapter 9 . 1/24/2013
WOW!This very touching also,sad that Drake told his mom that he hates her and to get out.I'm still in the process of why he Hates Her SO ,I'm glad that Josh didn't tell /Nathan what hospital Drake was in ,it would have made Drake really upset and To Say AWESOME JOB!
Guest chapter 21 . 1/19/2013
BRAVO!
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 5 . 11/2/2012
This is so sad! You're really eliciting some emotion from me! I can picture this perfectly in my head, hear how Josh's voice sounds when he tells Walter that Drake tried to kill himself... ARGH, MY HEART!
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 3 . 11/2/2012
I'm crying right now. This is heart wrenching!
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 2 . 11/2/2012
Dude, is he going to get raped? I bet he's going to get raped... really like this so far!
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Woah! So I'm watching the show of my childhood, Drake & Josh, and I'm like "Do people write fanfiction for this?" So I look, and this is what I find. It's good, undeniably so, but it'll take me a bit of adjusting to go from goodnatured comedy to pure friggin darkness.
General KJ chapter 22 . 5/23/2012
Holy fucking shit! That was a ridiculously amazing story, I just don't understand how you can be such a good writer, it's almost unnatural :P Anyway just in case you hadn't noticed, I loved it :D there was a few times where I forgot which time I was in but other than that it was great :)
White Light White Heat chapter 22 . 4/4/2012
Brilliant. Simply brilliant:)
earthtoeffy chapter 22 . 3/5/2012
i read this entire thing in two days, not wanting to leave my computer for even a moment because this is the most amazing thing I've ever read.

in the beginning, i was seriously doubting you could possibly write an entire 22 chapters when Drake attempted suicide in the first and still make it interesting. but alas, you succeeded in blowing my mind at not only your prolonging of the story, but just the whole mystery that unraveled through it.

very very very very well done.

you are an extremely talented writer, and you should be very proud of this story!
Azzdj chapter 22 . 2/12/2012
i just want to say that this is the most amazing thing i have ever read in my life. I'm not much of a reader, i dont read books, unless its for school. Thats why i watch tv shows, and i like to read fanfiction because i miss the shows that have ended. i usually go for the short fanfics BUT yours seemed interesting and now i have to say that you have written something lifechanging. Seriously every word was perfect. I read the whole thing nonstop and for me to read this long for pleasure is ... well its NEVER happened before! i want to tell you how great you are, and if i can find something half as amazing as this again i'll be happy. Thanks for the masterpiece!
Morpheme chapter 22 . 3/23/2011
This was absolutely brilliant. I loved it. There were so many parts that were just perfect, and raw, and that felt real. Actually, interestingly enough, for me the hardest chapter to get through wasn't the rape chapter. By the way, good foreshadowing. I could tell from the, what, second chapter was it? that Mr. Bradford was sending the texts. Anyway, the hardest chapter for me to read was the chapter were Drake met Mr. Bradford in the alley. I had to stop multiple times and tell myself just to keep on reading, and skim if I had to. I guess it's because that chapter had so much tension for me, with the contrast between how Drake and 'Ginger' are flirting, but it's really Mr. Bradford and just ohmygodnoDrake!

I think that your characterizations were also very good. I think I actually, on the whole, like the girls the best, which is a bit weird for me. I like Maddie, but she reminds me of someone that I don't really know, which is weird. I liked the glimpses of his mom that were in depth; the bits were she remembered were great. I thought the scene where he walked that lady to her car and she asked if he wanted a ride home was quite clever. I really liked Claire, despite myself- I had wanted to hate her in the beginning, but I just couldn't. And Megan was just amazing, and seemed so real. Don't get me wrong, I did like the guys too- Drake was perfectly heartbreaking sometimes, Josh was great in that he wasn't a perfect person, Walter seemed real, and I thought that the bits that showed Nathan's obsession, and how he was disgusted were and inspired as they were twisted.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I like the story. It is definitely one of the better fanfictions I've read.
lovemesomehungergames1029 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
you should seriously consider turning this into a book. its one of the best stories iv ever read hands down. your an amazing writer and i love the way you wrote this in past and present, and i love the way you wrote about drake. super realistic. amazing job!