Reviews for What Needs Looking After
pronker chapter 1 . 4/11
Hi, here from TVTropes' recommendation - and what a marvelous character study you've written! Fantastically IC and delightful. Well done.
seafarer chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Thank you for writing this story. I needed it today, especially Frodo's revelation about his own laziness. I enjoyed the entire story. The part with the Gaffer was so intense that I was couldn't pull my eyes away. But...I needed that part about Frodo starting to take responsibility. Thank you.
beadwork chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
this is awesome! An interesting way of examining the effects and consequences of class distinction getting in the way of true friendship. Frodo being defiant to Mister Gamgee and hinting at an awful past made for an inspiring read.
KJHWCCS chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Very lovely and well written. It's nice to see a pre-fellowship story focusing on their friendship that is so in character and spot on. Wonderfully written and paced perfectly, my only issue would be the entirety of the story being on one page rather than separated into chapters, but aside from that everyone was perfect. A great read!
Eregnar chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Can't remember if I've reviewed this before, but it warms my heart every time I read it. I love Frodo and Sam friendship stories (Sam's just about my favorite character ever) and this one is incredibly sweet. Thank you.
Livethiswonderfullife chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
First of all I just want to tell you that you are a very talented writer indeed! This story was very well written and I am extremely impressed with the way that you developed the relationship between Sam and Frodo. Few authors can write about events taking place before the quest. Usually the characters are not themselves and the plot is senseless. This however was not the case for this story. I think you understand the characters really well and know how they would act in certain situations. Well Done. Your work is appreciated. Please continue and kudos again to your good imagination.
The Little Cog Girl chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
What hart of gold uses a whip?

Well written.

Keep working!
Lady Ambreanna chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
What a wonderful story! Very impressive! Much applause!
Larner chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
Ah, yes, Frodo and Sam are both growing up, and the Gaffer's having a bit of a difficult time of it, isn't he? But the lesson was learned, particularly as he saw that Frodo was no stranger to beatings-and nasty ones at that.

I'm waiting to see the particular events that in your storyline led to the removal to Bag End.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
I like this story. I'm glad Frodo that Frodo stood up for Sam and that he helped Sam with the work. Sam is a very hard worker.
Reaper1Nanashi chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Wow...For a lack of a better word...Wow. That was...a masterpiece.

The emotions, so raw, so open...so real. And the characters, one of the best fics I have ever read when it comes to character portrayal. Most authors these days in the Lord of the Rings fandom, haven't even read the books, and base their stories on the movies. They bring in Mary Sue, and OOCness.( Out of Character)And yet, you. You showed the characters in a truly real way, a way that was loyal to their original personality. My god, this is an amazing piece of work.

Please...Keep on writing.

P.S. Is there a back story with the whole Frodo bieng whipped, and such? I have yet to go and check your profile.