Reviews for TMNT: Choices
Inspirationally Red chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
That was unutterably beautiful. Amazingly well-written, with an incredible insight to both description and original characterisation, and a good recurring hark back to Leo's time in the jungle, coupled neatly with the events in the fic... Whoa, you've got me waxing poetic on how brilliant this fic is. Well done.
Girlz312 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I LOVE this! XD
Child of the Gypsies chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
A beautiful story, and the song is a great one as well. I love how you described each of the boy's taste in girls. Extremely fitting.
timme chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
hmm...being "real" and being a two-bit whore on the streets are a bit different, i think. poor Raph. he deserves so much more, has so much more even, but he leaves his family to watch a hooker late into the night. i was just thinking that before leo made his suggestion. i'm glad he's there for Raph, and i'm glad raph listened.

leanord cohen is awesome, isnt' he? :) heard halleluhah? brilliant song (notedly not about religion)

the lyrics fit well, especailly at the end.
Firebrat chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Great little story, featuring my two favourite Turtles. They're like two sides of the same coin, similar with their incredibly powerful senses of right and wrong but so different in the way they define those terms.

The way you've written them gives a wonderful sense of a familial relationship, where they love each other but almost everything they say or do irritates the other one. It's interesting to see them try to struggle against their own natures to try and get along. I'd really like to see you write more interactions between these two, so far this is my favourite of your short stories. Their relationship is very well defined and it was a joy to read.

I like Leonard Cohen, I notice you used him before in one of your stories but I've never heard Famous Blue Raincoat - I think I might download it and read this story again, see how well they go together ;)
PhantomWriter2.0 chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
That was amazing. The thoughts behind both brother's actions, the descriptions of Leo's time in the jungle, Raph's love of the prostitute, everything. I could say so much about this story but I think I'll just stop here. If you ever want to hear everything this made me think of, just send me a private message and I'll tell you. I have to warn you though, it will be a long response.
Mikaela II chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
Beautifully written, and a very well thought out idea. I hope to see more stories from you, and soon!

R/s

Mikaela
Tyleet85 chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
I really like this one. The insight you give us into the brothers personalities and life is amazing. I found myself nodding in agreement to a lot of the things you wrote.

However, it is a bit heavily written. English is my second language, and although I have studied it for 13 years, I had some problems on a few paragraphs and had to read them twice before they sunk in. But when I did get the meaning of them they were brilliant.

A very good story. I'm looking forward to see more of your work. :)

Tyleet
CelicaChick chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
wow that was nice!
GreenWillow chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Leonard Cohen... perfect background dirge to this poignant moment. I love how you got into Leo and Raph's heads, explored the how closely they align and where they diverged.

Part of what I think you've been telling us with Amber is that we make choices, and our choices in the end mold us, and inform our lives. The line between where we create our lives and our lives create us becomes an interactive feedback loop. But the thing we don't see, we can't see, is how path we walk becomes a deeper and deeper rut.

The TMNT mythos' overriding theme parallels that in that they cannot escape who they are -or what their past actions have wrought. But they can grow and change as individuals within those hard karmic structures. In walking away, and leaving Amber on the corner, we know Leo and Raph have not ossified, while she may have. In the harsh light of reality, she has.

In the end I love how your older and wiser Leonardo manages to hold his tongue when he needs to, and in the end brings Raphael home.

Very well done.
Karategal chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
That was a really nice, clear-cut & deep story. It gives you a good look at the cold reality of the world whilst also conveying the warmth offered by family. You have a very blunt yet profound writing style that I really like & I respect you for trying to show the world in more than one dimension. It's a breath of fresh air on this site. You portray the brothers very realistically & I feel for Amber in every one of your stories. She reminds me of my older cousin whom we rarely see & has led a similar lifestyle for the past few years. I miss her, but some of the things you have written in some of your other stories seems like something she would say if I were to ask her similar questions. Very beautiful writing, I hope you continue to use such an insightful gift to both entertain others & indulge yourself like my writing does for me. A well-written story always make me feel better after a rough week & I hope it does the same for you. Good luck & happy writing!