Reviews for Transportation
SortingHat chapter 2 . 8/19/2015
Whoops I didn't realize how old this fic was when I posted because it was the first in my search results! Damn!
SortingHat chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
I wonder if it will become like the movie Airplane where they had to use the inflatable *Auto Pilot* until a real pilot could land. The inflatable auto pilot is really good at flying it's just he doesn't land and all the crew gets sick from a fish dinner.

Here is a plot summary from a reviewer that accuralty describes it the best.

"Ted Striker just got dumped by his long-time girlfriend Elaine Dickinson, who works as a stewardess at Trans American Airlines. In his wish to get her back, he follows her aboard the plane, although he has had a deep aversion against anything winged since he lost several men in the war. During flight, he tries to contact her again and again, but as the crew and many passengers get seriously ill due to a bad fish meal, he has no chance to get to her. In fact, Ted Striker seems to be the only healthy person aboard that has piloting experience. Now, it is up to him to get the bird down in Chicago safely, before the poisoning starts causing casualties. But Ted Striker's aversion really is a serious psychosis, which breaks open and needs to be cured - right now."

I have found that the The movie is a spoof of airplane disaster films and is actually quite funny without being naughty. The only naughty scene is when inflating the auto pilot which hints at sexual grossness but can easily be fast forward or ignored and this is from someone who can't stand naughty stuff in films for shock value.

The ENTIRE Airplane movie from one end to the other is an entire joke in a good way worth watching. One of my favorite scenes is during a part where they show the ATC room one of the radar screens turns into Pong for a few seconds and another becomes a laundry machine.

Those kinds of culture icons are scattered thru the entire movie and remember DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY! *In movie joke*

The 2nd sequel Airplane II is about a space shuttle going wrong and being sent to the Sun with passengers on board but has more naughty stuff just for shock value which ruins the funny stuff and is not worth getting.
They tried to be more *hip* to please the modern sinfull generation and failed big time to both be hip and being funny. The movie was quickly forgotten by most.

The first movie is funny because it actually has elements of truth in it showing different walks of life and purposely exaggerating those kinds of people from the religious extremists who are part of big corporation churches to salesman who want to just sell you stuff when our man hero first walks into the airport as he shoves them aside.

Jokes are funny when there is some degree of truth to them which this and some of the 90s and 70s generation seems to gloss over.
RandomChemicalElements chapter 2 . 11/21/2010
You absolutly need to finish this or I will hunt you down, if you dont want to finish at least give me permission to!
CSnow chapter 2 . 4/9/2009
This is great! I hope you continue it at some point.
Evenstar606 chapter 2 . 1/26/2008
This was so awesome! I'm glad you decided to write more chapters, this story is so entertaining! I loved the part about Arthur getting so excited and Molly trying to keep him calm. And the twins plotting to set off their fireworks under the seats is so mischevious.
JUJUChick16 chapter 2 . 1/26/2008
That was great, the next chpater I hope will be just as good. I can't wait!
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
That is definately Arthur. Great story.
Bumblebookie chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
haha. amazing. this is really qick and god. go you! :)
Evenstar606 chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
I loved this! Especially near the end where everyone was voting. There aren't many Weasley Family vacation stories out there that involve their trip to Egypt, and I think you have some very creative ideas. However, I noticed that this story is labelled Complete. Is it a oneshot? I sure hope not, this was an awesome story and I want to read more!
MoonyIsTheMan chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
Nice...

I loved it!
LovelyClair chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Hehe I like this that was funny!