Reviews for Ala Alba in the World of Magic
Krabkrab chapter 19 . 10/9/2012
Eishun is Konoemon's son-in-law and the drama CDs (the Ala Rubra ones) apparently reveal his maiden name to be Aoyama... (Latter information by the wiki, as for the so-in-law thing, I just remember him being referred to as such a number of times).
LostInTheThoughtOfLosingYou chapter 54 . 2/1/2011
I just wanted to say tahnk you for writing such a marvelous story. i loved every second i spent reading it.

There is only one thing i want to know about. What happened to shiori? Chachumaru said that she still existed inside the program that swallowed her during the mahonet battle. I was hoping for Chachumaru and Chisame to rescue her, or maybe V-Chao to.
Ember Quill chapter 54 . 9/10/2010
Nice job. You tied off a few loose ends, but left me with a few questions too. Still, I'd bet several of them would be answered by Coming Home, if I had the time to read it at the moment. It'll have to wait until a lull in my real-life obligations, I suppose.

Anyway, I like how you tied it together with Love Hina. I only know a very little bit about that series, and I've never read it, so I wasn't quite sure what was going on in Tsukuyomi's part of the chapter, but I got the gist of it. And it makes me want to read Love Hina once I'm all caught up with Negima again...

Not much else to say, really. This chapter served as more of a wrap-up than a normal chapter (much like how the first chapter was really a prologue) so there's not much else to mention other than the fact that you ended it with style, tying off plot threads while still keeping a few questions unanswered. Good luck with your editing!
Tikigod784 chapter 54 . 9/10/2010
awesome. Guess that's it?
Ember Quill chapter 53 . 9/7/2010
When I decided to reread Ala Alba in order to refresh my memory of events before the most recent chapter, I apparently forgot just how long of a story it is. Today I finally finished Chapter 53. I forgot just how great your story was, as well as how fleshed-out your version of Mundus Magicus was, so I'm glad I reread everything. The amount of research involved in creating this epic must have been astronomical.

Even though everything's pretty much wrapped up, I still can't wait for the epilogue. I hope it's coming out soon! :D
Kafka'sdragon chapter 53 . 8/21/2010
Over the course of your story I've pretty much used up my stock of superlatives, so I'll leave it with an excellent job. You tied up most of the loose ends, left a mystery or two and let Anya finally confess. All to the good says I. It has been my pleasure to both read and provide a little help and there for the past three years. Thanks again.
Teller of Chronicles chapter 53 . 8/20/2010
Man, I need to reread this story. I think I fell behind at some point and just haven't had time to read up on it. But your story was good in the very beginning, and it sounds like it's been a very amazing run.

I'll review again as I go through your story. It'll take a while, but I would like to finish reading an excellent story like this.
Fionn the Otaku chapter 52 . 7/26/2010
Another very good chapter, I like how the Ala Alba Group picture got taken. Another good part is how Collet's meeting with Grandmistress Seras went and how Yue took to Valkyrie training. I also like how Jac Rakan said goodbye to Chisame and Asuna's exchange of insults with Princess Theodora as well as the plan to use Asuna's special abilities to help Ala Alba return to Earth.
Tikigod784 chapter 52 . 7/12/2010
I wonder if the world tree could be used to fuel Konoka's above-average healing for the purpose of curing Negi's village. Odd shipments...
Kurush Wuzurg chapter 52 . 7/11/2010
Um... I don't know what to say. Apart from... it's been a great ride. Really.

Some things I can't really agree on, but what the smeg, it's AU, everything's allowed in them.

I can't comment or critic anything in this chapter, it was made beautifully. Writing's good, characters act almost perfectly in their setting and spelling's great. Well, apart from this word: " q2withdrawal ". Only mistake I could find, ever on this chapter.

Well, okay, maybe just one thing and that's Theo and Takahata. I don't know why, but I can't really see the... I forgot the word, between them.

And now, everybody is returning home with no worries, at all... Why am I getting this feeling that something really bad is going to happen, after all?

Brr, never mind that. Signing off, now.

-Kurush
Ember Quill chapter 51 . 5/22/2010
Wonderful! I haven't read a story this great (or this long, for that matter) in a VERY long time. Definitely one of my favorites. Though you seem to be in the home stretch, I like how you've left some plot threads dangling, such as Fate's ultimate...er...fate (Pun not intended) after jumping back into the real world and what that may eventually cause.

One of the things I absolutely love about AAitWoM is the way you flesh out the Magical World so much, adding in so many details about the world's nations, history, and inner workings. The character development was incredible as well, especially that of the Class 3A girls.

For example, in this latest chapter, you see how much Nodoka has grown, by suggesting that Negi sleep in the same bed as Asuna, then crawling in with him later. Asuna's meeting with Takamichi and Ako's little subplot are other great examples of character development.

All in all, you've done a brilliant job so far. I'm looking forward to reading more!
Fionn the Otaku chapter 51 . 5/21/2010
Another excallent chapter, I like how Nodoka dealt with Asuna's nightmares and how she decied where to sleep. Another good part is everyone's reactions after Negi was discovered asleep in between Asuna and Nodoka as well as how Negi was forced to give in to Asuna's insistance that he bathe. I also like how Asuna dealt with Raken after he molested her. Yet another good part is Arnold Fawkes name and it's origen.
Ember Quill chapter 22 . 5/20/2010
I wasn't going to review until I finished the latest chapter, but after reading the Omake, I couldn't resist. I haven't laughed that hard at a story for a LONG time. And that was so typical of Rakan.

However, what really got me was imagining Katrina Adenaur's reaction to Rakan's display of testosterone overload. That would have been a funny sight.

"Load Anti-Idiot shells!"
Kafka'sdragon chapter 51 . 5/14/2010
As your story draws to its conclusion, I'd like to thank you again for such an enjoyable read. Knoing that you started this at the beginning of the manga's Magic World arc, I'm amazed that you've managed to keep it consistant over more than two years. And while I've said before how I liked your expanding on the girls' roles/personalities, I also like how you've let them evolve/mature as characters. Bravo maestro! Bravo!
Fionn the Otaku chapter 50 . 4/13/2010
Another Great chapter, I like Chisame's exchange with Raken and Chisame's typical reaction to hearing how much trouble she caused. Another good part is how Yue dealt with Katrina asking for confirmation of Asuna's secret identity, I also like Natsumi's comforting of "Kojiro". Yet another good part is Cycilia Sevensheep's "special report" on what had really been going on and her confretation with Kurt Godel.

Suggestions: Collet tries to get Asuna's autograph or rather that of the Twilight Imperial Princess because Asuna was one of Nagi's companions as well as royalty, Asuna finds her self extreamly reluctant to put down Caliburn for any length of time in part because she simply feels safer with it on her, After Negi reunites with the rest of his class Ayake becomes seriously jelous of Asuna's new closeness with Negi,