Reviews for Beneath the Rose
Anne chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
I treasure the story of the Phantom of the Opera in both its book and movie forms. Your piece, Beneath the Rose, was a delight to me and opened up new thoughts about Erik's heart. Your writing evoked vivid images in my mind and reinforced my sympathy for the "monster".

I was confused about your use of the word "circum". I'll have to look it up, but i thought you may have meant that he did not succumb to his bitterness.

suc·cumb /səˈkʌm/ Pronunciation[suh-kuhm] –verb

1. to give way to superior force; yield: to succumb to despair.

2. to yield to disease, wounds, old age, etc.; die.

Please
Vampiric Phantoms chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
I just love your writing. This has so much symbolism ... of course it is a story about symbols. LOL It was great.
InuRamenLuver chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Wow...wow...wow. Opera Ghost, this is really well written. Not only do you capture symbolism perfectly, but this is also story I think everyone can relate to. I think everyone, at least once in their lives feels this way. We all put up this tough facade, because we don't want the world to see how sensitive and easily hurt we truly are on the inside. Again, fantastic job, and I'll see ya soon! :)

P.S. (long live the 'hood of hair'! may it always protect you from 30 degree weather!)
blondcmc chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
That... was beautiful! It made me want to cry for Erik because I could feel his pain and love for music and night. Good Work!
Phantom's Angel of Light chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
I have nothing to say. This was such a beautiful story. Write more please!
Ivory Wolf chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
I did so much enjoy it. Towards the end, it started to make me think what flower I'd choose to send that described my story. Lol, somehow I don't think such a flower exists.
phantom-jedi1 chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
Hm. I'm not sure I'll ever look at a rose in the same way again. Good work.

Phantom Jedi
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
That is a nice piece. It realy makes sense when put into context like that. Ah, the beauty of symbolism and where it takes us. Wonderfully written.

Sincerely,

The Duelist's Heiress
Naphrine chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
I love the way you write from the person's view.

I can totally imagine Erik thinking of the rose like that.