Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Chameleon Stone
Herooftimes chapter 12 . 12/16/2013
Reviewing! Glad to see it looks like this story's already been completed, so i wont be waiting forever for an ending that might not have come. i really dig the ZeLink and Ganondorf/Nabooru that has been going on.
Shadeclawzorua123 chapter 36 . 3/10/2013
Yknow... I think an alternate ending could be that link uses nabooru's dagger and battles the goddess
delax chapter 39 . 1/28/2013
Whew! Just finished this, and it was simply delightful.
Though everybody was stated at some point to be insane, it all plays out into hilarity and a classically epic storyline and not the humorously inane crack-fic I unabashedly admit I expected from the summary.

I adored your characters.

(Though how Ruto was written seemed a bit harsh, but I'm not particularly surprised/dismayed because a) she seems unpopular, b) many others were also annoying maniacs, and c) it was rather amusing.)

Switching between moods was handled smoothly, and the Zelink was like a puppy covered in chocolate.
Adorable, hilarious to watch fumble about, and sweetly delicious as you bite into its tender flesh, savoring the metallic tang mixed with the confectionery's sticky decadence, and ignoring the thrashing and squeals as your grip tightens on its delicate body, cracking open its ribcag- wait no!
Uh... Sorry. I sorta... um... overextended the simile there a bit.
So, yeah, it was cute and funny.
I think I should leave it at that... yeah.
*awkwardly runs off*
Noname chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Definitely going to keep reading. Very interesting start, and humorous. Well onwards then?
Yagton chapter 39 . 9/11/2009
Wow - I just finished up the story (all of it, man was that long!) and must say that I found myself pleasantly surprised. Not just at the ending, but throughout the entire story I found myself hopelessly amused and actually empathizing with a lot of the characters (many times it was Zelda, for having to be with such a lunatic as Link XD)

I don't want my review to turn into a huge spoiler, but I will say this - I consider myself exceptionally good at plot twists and False Protagonist. When I read this story, I thought of all my work as complete crap; everything I have ever conceived was completely blown out of the water by what happens in Chameleon Stone. Most times, I can see past the chapter I'm reading and correctly predict what'll happen - when I tried that technique out on this story, I was more often than not absolutely wrong. Which was surprising and refreshing.

Your interpretations of the Zelda characters was, to put it in short and sweet terms, perfection. I didn't feel like there was a similar persona in the story, yet I didn't feel like I'd seen them all before. The take on people like Impa, Ganondorf, and Ruto made me fall back in laughter - in a very good way.

The ending was very well wreitten, and I must admit that you pulled a complete 180 on the readers XD

Saeru. What can I say about Saeru? I think that, apart from Link and Zelda (perhaps Impa, too) she stole the spotlight. The characterization was spot-on - what I mean is that she wasn't a Mary Sue at all, she was completely original (with certain strengths and weaknesses), and you felt like you couldn't turn your back on her. In fact, I was itching for hern appearances because of the pure mystery surrounding her - what exactly had she been after? What other motives did she have? How much is she letting on? It's questions like those that keep readers (or me, at least) hooked and panting like a dog, unable to sate their appetites. I'm so glad your writing style so flawlessly incorporates those elements.

Incredible job - Chameleon Stone is probably the best fic I've read in a while. No joke. And I look forward to reading some of your other works, and things you have in store for the future.

You've made a fan of me.
QuinKylar chapter 39 . 9/11/2009
Blame my going on vacation for missing the end of this thing. CURSE YOU VACATION! (I apologize.)

So. The final chapters. Quin's final review. If you want dramatic music, I can throw that in as well.

Anyway, besides for the awkward bit with the bunnies and all (even though you ment it to be superduper awkward to begin with), the story continues it's quirky themes and excellent writing style.

The intro scene for the fight scene was, again, well done. Ganondorf playing Mythbusters is probably one of the biggest laughs I've had while reading this story, made all the louder by Link's, "My Lord! Why are you buttering that cat?" Crowning moment of funny. Ganon's exit was rather odd as well, but considering what I had accidentally made him into, it fits him.

Anyway, Link's argument with Saeru. It built up the tension and flowed into the fight itself nicely. I'm not sure how Zelda got out of the crystal to begin with, but her section of the fight was dramatic to say the least. Nice argument and exit/death of Saeru. Oh, and her eViL form kinda freaked me out slightly as well.

I read the final third of the second-to-last chapter with a grin imprinted on my face. I never considered the Judges for meglomaniacs bent on world domination themselves, but this is Impa we're talking about.

Very nice final remark by Link in there as well. Who WOULD read a legend about Zelda and a Lizard Pebble? :P Nice fracturing of the fourth wall.

The Epilogue took me off guard. In all of the rush, I had completely forgotten about the drunken mass outside the castle. Afterall, with a drunken mass on your back wanting you to be King/Queen... would you want to say no to them? Yeah, so I thought.

Oh, almost forgot. Sir K. Tingle. Laugh out loud material. Golden. Good work. Poor Sir K. ...poor Deku Tree (if Tingle is still in the forest)

And thank-you for your thank-you. Glad to be of service. I know I've said something like this a few times, but its amazing what harmless side-comments can do for a story.

Anyway, its a fitting ending to a crazy story that still is probably the best Zelda story with a crazy plot and characters that I've read and is one of the best fanfictions I've read. Great job, Lupi.

Quin
Generala chapter 39 . 9/6/2009
yay!

i loved it...

The enda was really surprising... Ganondorf being,ehmm, taimed? by Nabooru, Zelda defeating Saeru declining and then acepting the crown... lovely-!
Generala chapter 37 . 9/6/2009
aw everything Link said was so.. deep and beatifull.

This chapter had everything, the serious part that make said waht would happend next and the funy parts that make laugh.

and for a minute i tought you would make appear sparkly vampires ... hahah sparkly dennis.

oww and mister kwaksalot we will miss you
Link's Ocarina Babe chapter 39 . 9/4/2009
Ha ha hahahahahaha! I absolutely adore this entire story! Although I am very sad that it had to come to a close, it came to a fantastic end! I look forward to future writing from you.

And it would be hilarious if the Special Link was in a game lol. I think it would be my new favourite.
guy chapter 39 . 8/27/2009
Well this story was 'unique' and possibly one of the best i've ever read. The way you made it ridiculous and yet having a very solid plot is not something many writers can pull off and the only thing I can say is KUDOS yet that word alone does not do this story justice. Seriously though you are one of my favorite authors not only in that your stories are excellent but in the fact that you actually complete them, unlike so many other talented writers that I will not mention. I really have nothing to criticise you on other then spelling and grammatical errors that are few and far in between, other then that the story is perfect and I sincerely hope to read more of your work in the future.
Fallen Dragonfly chapter 39 . 8/27/2009
No, Link is made by nintendo.

Nintendo will never be this fun.

Heh, it's been a glorious ride, and I'm glad to have been there for it.

-Fallen Dragonfly
James Birdsong chapter 39 . 8/27/2009
Yay what a story
Booklover13 chapter 39 . 8/27/2009
I can't beleive you finished! Loved it! The ending was great and really matched the overall feel of the story. I hope you do a oneshot of Impa's reaction because that would be great.

The having them refues the judges but say yes to the crowd was like the rest of the story, a perfect mix of being unexpected but making sense at the same time and I loved it.

I have really enjoyed reading this story and hope you keep writing.
Link's Ocarina Babe chapter 37 . 8/24/2009
Oh dear... Link indeed has landed in a big pile of steaming road-apples yet again. Excellent chapter, but I can't quite find the proper words to describe why I enjoyed it so much. Just know that it was extremely satisfying to read.
Fallen Dragonfly chapter 37 . 8/24/2009
Time to beat down the big boss with repetative sword attacks.

All jazz.