Reviews for The Sounds of Silence
prepare4trouble chapter 14 . 11/29/2007
Woah, Dean's gone a little nuts there, hasn't he.

Hm, I'm away for a day of two and suddenly there's like 50 new chapters? Awesome!

Has Dean gone crazy though? Because there's determined and there's just plain psycho, and Dean's really not acting like himself right now. Then, that's how he gets when Sam's in danger, I guess. It's funny how Sam's the one who's lost his hearing and Dean's the one who seems the most bothered by it. You've gotta love teh Winchester brotherly love!

This story really bugs me, because I'm constantly craving updates, but the sooner they come, the sooner it'll finish, and I don't want it to finish!
empath89 chapter 14 . 11/29/2007
i love it! it's so good. and sammy's still trying to convince dean to let lisa go...doesn't he get it already? dean's willing to do anything for him...i do like lisa though...she's cool. update soon!

hugs...empath
Pikouaencore chapter 13 . 11/29/2007
Wow, that chapter was awesome ! Love the Dean's perspective on this, as well as how the brothers're dealing with the situation. Dean really planned it all, amazing how far he's willing to go... Can't wait for the actual kidnapping, I hope Bobby's gonna be too late ! Muhahaha ! Or, you know, unable to stop it ... Great work !
empath89 chapter 13 . 11/29/2007
this is really good. i love it! poor sammy...i love it when he's the victim. i don't think i've ever read a sam-going-deaf fic...very original. i can't wait for more. update soon!

hugs...empath
Raven524 chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Really am liking this story-very interesting idea to take away one sense and replace it with a psychic ability.

I can't wait to see how you resolve it!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 13 . 11/28/2007
aw *feels sorry for Sam* this is a fantastic story so far
sammygirl1963 chapter 13 . 11/28/2007
Awesome chapter! I am so ready to knock Dean in the head for leaving Sammy handcuffed in the room-he is leaving Sam open to any danger that could come their way by doing so!

If Lisa only knew what was coming her way...

Can't wait for your next chapter!
1Pagan3 chapter 13 . 11/28/2007
Dean sure has a one track mind doesn't he, and for him to have thought it out so much is more disturbing that what I initially thought. you really have me wondering if maybe dean had totally lost his mind.
Youngest Ones Rule chapter 13 . 11/28/2007
Dang... If I were Sam, I wouldn't be so nice or tolerant. GR... You're drawing out the suspense!
sendintheclowns chapter 13 . 11/28/2007
I think this line really sums up what's driving Dean at this point: 'Dean was afraid that if his plan didn’t work and Sam remained deaf, he would be an open and helpless target for anyone to hurt.'

You can just feel that Dean isn't taking any pleasure in this but he's doing it because he wants Sam to be able to fend for himself. It's a rough world out there for Winchesters!

I don't think I really need to mention how much I like when Dean tells Sam that he'll take the fall if their caught and claim he abused Sam to keep him in line but I will anyway. Wow. That's just...wow. It's obvious to Sam and to us just how much thought Dean has put into his plan.

Excellent work!
Floralia chapter 12 . 11/28/2007
I have been following this, sorry for not reviewing sooner. This is such an interesting idea, and one I don’t think I’ve seen anywhere else: rather than just eliminating Sam as a threat, injuring him in a way that makes him of less use to either side. You make the hunter’s motives honourable which just adds to the tension of any potential fall out. I felt bad for Sam being left by Dean, but it makes complete sense to me that rather than accepting the situation and trying to deal with it, Dean’s reaction would have been an instant need to fix it/dish out some punishment.

I love the idea that as his other senses develop to compensate, Sam’s dormant abilities start peeking out. You make something as out there as mind reading seem perfectly reasonable in the context of your story which I always like, rather than his powers going crazy for the sake of it.
sammygirl1963 chapter 12 . 11/27/2007
Awesome chapter! I can't believe that Dean actuaky drugged Sammy! He's lucky that Sam didn't try to take his head off for that one! Now to see what happens when Bobby finally gets to them!
Youngest Ones Rule chapter 12 . 11/27/2007
Drive fast Bobby... Drive fast.
sendintheclowns chapter 12 . 11/27/2007
You didn't...I can't believe you let Dean drug Sam. You know what? I actually do believe it. Dean will do anything to save Sam and this is just a part of his plan to do just that.

The hurt and sarcasm between the boys when Sam wakes up from his Dean-induced sleep is great. You're really on a roll!
AquarianNightSky chapter 11 . 11/27/2007
THat's freaking awesome! Sam can hear people's thoughts! Does that mean he can hear demon's thoughts too? This is really cool. You were right, I do llike where this is going. Looking forward to the update.

Toodles!