Reviews for The Sounds of Silence
Sandrine Black chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
Noo! Sammy's going to need his big brother!

I LOVE this fic. It makes my day whenever I see a new chapter up. Awesome job!
Youngest Ones Rule chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
No no no Dean... No leaving alone. Bad Dean, BAD!
prepare4trouble chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
Holy $!t

That is some evil storytelling right there.

Not sure I really understand this Ralph's reasoning here, but then he's crazy isn't he? Which is why it all makes sense in his head, and why he actually thought Sam would understand.

Chapter four was terrifying, the claustrophobic feeling, Sam tied down, unable to escape, forced to listen to this crazy guy calmly explaining the horrible thing he was about to do to him. The rising panic as Sam realizes he's not going to be able to talk his way out of this one. And then blackness. Agh!

I love the way Sam fixates on how he needs his hearing to help Dean, pushing away for the moment the fact that he just needs it, how lost he will be without it. And when he wakes up, struggling to keep himself from crying, he is trying to keep it together for Dean.

And then Dean goes and abandons him. I can't wait to see how Sam will react to that when he finds out. It's typical Dean though, reacting in the only way he knows how - attack. He can't deal with a problem that he can't kill. Not that I don't agree with him though, the longer they leave it the less chance they will have of finding Ralph again. If they'd asked Sam, he'd probably have said the same thing, unless he wants to risk never hearing again.

I love the description in this, especially Sam's pov as he woke up, you've really captured the fear and panic he's feeling. Absolutely amazing story!
Touch of the Wind chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
Dean needs to give Sam a hug! Dean's hugs will make all better.
sendintheclowns chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
I wanted so badly to yell at Dean about taking off again. But he's such a fixer - it totally makes sense that he would be interested in finding Ralph. And by doing that he wouldn't have to help Sam adjust to his disability. Dean really can't stand to see his brother in pain.

Sam can be a little drama queen, eh? Slamming into the bathroom like a teenaged girl. Great stuff.

I continue to love your take on Bobby. Another outstanding part :)
sammygirl1963 chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
Awesome chapter! And Bobby was so right-Dean shouldn't leave Sam! Sam is going to be so upset and things are already hard enough on the boy!

I think you are doing a wonderful job of showing Sam's frustration at being deaf!
AnickaMarie chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
Still enjoying the story and I love the frequent updates. I have a feeling it won't be good when Sam comes out and finds Dean gone.
1Pagan3 chapter 7 . 11/19/2007
great... just what sam needs his big brother taking off on him, and since when does things ever go smoothly for them? does dean really think that there won't be side effects to a spliced ritual potion combo? what's he thinking? argh!

can't wait to see sam's reaction to what his brother's done, and the trouble that's bound to find them!
funkyhigh chapter 6 . 11/18/2007
Poor baby! god i'd hate that, i get kind of blocked ears when i get sick and it makes me feel cut off, i can't imagine what being completely deaf would be like. You're writing it really well though! more soon
Touch of the Wind chapter 6 . 11/18/2007
Dean should kill Ralph and hug Sam! Go on Dean!
sammygirl1963 chapter 6 . 11/18/2007
Awesome chapter! I can imagine the horror Sam must have felt when he woke up to a silent world! I can't blame him for wanting to go to sleep forever and forget that anything happened!
sendintheclowns chapter 6 . 11/18/2007
One of my favorite things is reading the exact same scene through two different points of view...this part just rocks!

I felt bad for Dean when he had to tell Sam he was shouting. Great touch.

I can't believe this is only your second story. Keep up the great work :)
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 6 . 11/18/2007
I've ben reading his and I like it but you ahve the same part twice on chapter 6. Not that it wasn't good the first time...
Sandrine Black chapter 6 . 11/18/2007
I got so excited when I saw a new chapter was up! Loved it.
Youngest Ones Rule chapter 6 . 11/18/2007