Reviews for The Meaning of Father
zombiekins5948 chapter 7 . 11/6/2016
Please make more updates. It's really good
DreamsPainter chapter 7 . 10/15/2016
This is bloody AMAZING! I really hope you will continue this, i'll be following it anyway.

The way that you are portraying a god-like Harry and Hermione(Okay: Angel-like Hermione and ridiculously powerful(for a human) Harry). You are touching all the right areas, while still allowing them to function in and with the rest of the world.

This story is a very good example of the God-like character trope in HP fanfiction.

With all the hints and questions that you dropped in the 7 chapters, I really, really hope you will continue/finish this story.

Cheers for what you've posted so far, anyway.
Gtopia chapter 3 . 9/30/2016
nice chapter XD
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 6 . 9/9/2016
Luna, wow I just fell in love and want to kill Ron to have her, and Hermione of course ;)
fireball900 chapter 1 . 4/16/2016
Love this chapter and how you're handling the power disparity. A few of the touches made it brilliant though - What Harry thinks of power, Harry's intended dreams (he is a teenager after all!) and Harry's speech to the prefects at the end - he's shaping up to be my favourite head boy!
Alexandercctv chapter 7 . 4/20/2015
...well damn, just wow.
That was some really good writing.
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 3/14/2015
its not quite bashing, but the story was a lot more interesting when hermione and ginny were both equally valid options appealing to different aspects of harry's personality

the fact that rons brain was played with like a kittens yarn ball to make him a more pleasant person is not a good thing: the real ron is dead and has been replaced by a stranger wearing his face
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 3/13/2015
obviliation is done casually in the wizarding world, but to me it is an incredibly evil act akin to murdering parts of a person. hermione isnt evil yet, but she's well on the well intentioned road to hell and if harry keeps up with using the imperius then he isnt far behind
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 3/13/2015
dang that escalated quickly: something of this magnitude deserved more forshadowing
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 3/13/2015
i would describe harry as overpowered, but hes working for it and i doubt his intense training will be of any use against the foes you send him against
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
the premice of this fic isnt usually my type of thing, but youve done a great job of it!
bookworm914 chapter 7 . 3/5/2015
I read this story because it sounded interesting in a recommendation about Hermione's systemic use of memory charms.
The relationships are wonderfully characterized (not just reported on) and the plot idea is very interesting. Thank you for sharing!
Difdi chapter 7 . 1/31/2015
Part of my own religious beliefs is that there are two paths to evil, and both involve self-damnation. The path of impenetrable darkness and the path of blinding light.

Dark evil is easy to see as evil. It's corruption, violence for the sake of cruelty, harm to self and others simply because it's easy.

But the other path is insidious. It looks pure and holy. It talks about nobility and morality. It LOOKS like most people think capital-G Good should look like. But it lacks compassion, lacks love, lacks mercy. And this path is not just paved with good intentions, it's made of nothing but. In time, those walking this path grow in intolerance. At first, it's intolerant of big evils. Over time though, the threshold is lowered until it causes people to lash out at even the most minor of wrongdoings as if they were the deadliest of sins. The person talks about hard choices, says that sacrifices must be made for the Greater Good, that small goods must be sacrificed for larger ones - forgetting that the Greater Good is made solely of Lesser Goods.

The faux-archangel in this chapter and his fellows seems to have found himself on that latter path. He's just as separated from Love as the foullest of demons, but he doesn't know it and cannot know it. But he justifies himself as if his every action embodies that Love.

Oh, and the thing about killing being wrong isn't true. Everything in nature kills, and it's not evil. The Bible itself advocates killing in a number of places. Even the Ten Commandments don't actually have anything against killing - in the original text, the Commandment was against murder, not killing. Thou shalt not kill is a mistranslation that came about from the Commandment being translated from a language that had different words for every type of killing, into one with only one word for killing, the type being expressed by context.
Difdi chapter 5 . 1/31/2015
A British person (such as Harry or Ginny) would NEVER use the word pissed when they mean angry. That's strictly American slang. In Britain, the word pissed is slang for very drunk.

Ginny won't understand that Harry means angry if he says someone is pissed, she'll think he means falling down drunk. At best she'll be confused about why he's calling her family members drunks, but more likely she'd get outraged at the insult and hex him.
Mitsui187 chapter 3 . 1/8/2015
What a ride this chapter has been. Excellent pace, enjoyable plot turns and realistic dialog. I was already into your story but this chapter turned every thing up a notch. I tip my hat to you and your muse.