Reviews for The Meaning of Father
Alexandercctv chapter 7 . 4/20
...well damn, just wow.
That was some really good writing.
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 3/14
its not quite bashing, but the story was a lot more interesting when hermione and ginny were both equally valid options appealing to different aspects of harry's personality

the fact that rons brain was played with like a kittens yarn ball to make him a more pleasant person is not a good thing: the real ron is dead and has been replaced by a stranger wearing his face
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 3/13
obviliation is done casually in the wizarding world, but to me it is an incredibly evil act akin to murdering parts of a person. hermione isnt evil yet, but she's well on the well intentioned road to hell and if harry keeps up with using the imperius then he isnt far behind
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 3/13
dang that escalated quickly: something of this magnitude deserved more forshadowing
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 3/13
i would describe harry as overpowered, but hes working for it and i doubt his intense training will be of any use against the foes you send him against
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/13
the premice of this fic isnt usually my type of thing, but youve done a great job of it!
bookworm914 chapter 7 . 3/5
I read this story because it sounded interesting in a recommendation about Hermione's systemic use of memory charms.
The relationships are wonderfully characterized (not just reported on) and the plot idea is very interesting. Thank you for sharing!
Difdi chapter 7 . 1/31
Part of my own religious beliefs is that there are two paths to evil, and both involve self-damnation. The path of impenetrable darkness and the path of blinding light.

Dark evil is easy to see as evil. It's corruption, violence for the sake of cruelty, harm to self and others simply because it's easy.

But the other path is insidious. It looks pure and holy. It talks about nobility and morality. It LOOKS like most people think capital-G Good should look like. But it lacks compassion, lacks love, lacks mercy. And this path is not just paved with good intentions, it's made of nothing but. In time, those walking this path grow in intolerance. At first, it's intolerant of big evils. Over time though, the threshold is lowered until it causes people to lash out at even the most minor of wrongdoings as if they were the deadliest of sins. The person talks about hard choices, says that sacrifices must be made for the Greater Good, that small goods must be sacrificed for larger ones - forgetting that the Greater Good is made solely of Lesser Goods.

The faux-archangel in this chapter and his fellows seems to have found himself on that latter path. He's just as separated from Love as the foullest of demons, but he doesn't know it and cannot know it. But he justifies himself as if his every action embodies that Love.

Oh, and the thing about killing being wrong isn't true. Everything in nature kills, and it's not evil. The Bible itself advocates killing in a number of places. Even the Ten Commandments don't actually have anything against killing - in the original text, the Commandment was against murder, not killing. Thou shalt not kill is a mistranslation that came about from the Commandment being translated from a language that had different words for every type of killing, into one with only one word for killing, the type being expressed by context.
Difdi chapter 5 . 1/31
A British person (such as Harry or Ginny) would NEVER use the word pissed when they mean angry. That's strictly American slang. In Britain, the word pissed is slang for very drunk.

Ginny won't understand that Harry means angry if he says someone is pissed, she'll think he means falling down drunk. At best she'll be confused about why he's calling her family members drunks, but more likely she'd get outraged at the insult and hex him.
Mitsui187 chapter 3 . 1/8
What a ride this chapter has been. Excellent pace, enjoyable plot turns and realistic dialog. I was already into your story but this chapter turned every thing up a notch. I tip my hat to you and your muse.
Dixie Chic chapter 2 . 12/1/2014
critics: my own personal opinion.
you somewhat portrayed both harry and hermione horribly. harry just lets hermione kiss him and hermione initiated the act. that is called cheating and a gigantic major no-no on my books. they have more morals than that.
second, i know you're building up to it but you're expressing the harmony quite cringe-worthy along with harry's relationship with ginny. i know it will be later for harmony but with the relationship with ginny right now, when im specifically looking for HHr, i personally dislike. i apologize if i offend you with my criticism.
Casy13 chapter 3 . 11/23/2014
So, I guess stories like this are the reason I'm in general not a fan of fanfictions that star Harry as one of the protagonist.
I always read stories with Hermione as the main character, mostly partnered with Severus, sometimes Draco and rarely Fred/George/Charlie or Bill, not much else.
I don't persive Hermione to be a push over or somebody who does anything lightly and she works on things until she masters them.
Harry here seems rather patronising to me, telling for example Ginny why he is stronger, what he does better and acts rather too mature for me.
All through the books Harry was a immature person to me, until Sirius died, then he changed a little bit still was single minded and prejudiced as he's been since he knew about the magical world. After Dumbledores death his single-mindedness changed its aim, but stayed all the same and he liked to rush into situations.
Now here he seems to have more power then he should have and is able to go around with without being corrupted.
And his relationsships don't sit well with me either. For one, I'm not going to say that I ever saw the reason for J.K. putting him together with Ginny, since we never really learned much about her in the books, much less the movies. But we learned some things about his relationship with Hermione and what I gathered was, that he is protective of her as she is of him.
I can't see Harry talking to Ginny and just grinning when she calls her a bitch or anything of the kind.
Anyway. I just wanted to give me opinion and reason for not continuing reading this story.
I hope you still have fun writing it for the sake of your other readers who are not as fixed on a different picture of Hermione as I am.
Lord Sia chapter 7 . 11/16/2014
Wonderful. Kudos!
tcl7189 chapter 7 . 11/1/2014
WOW... just WOW!
vyoom chapter 7 . 10/12/2014
Sorry for you loss. May God gives you strength. The story has formally crossed into the land of religion. Hoping you would continue the good work.